When staying at the Beach Club Villas ...

Brit17

DIS Veteran
what room location & view do you prefer & request and why? :confused3 ...

I'm going to be making reservations to stay at the BCV on our next trip :goodvibes. This will be our first time staying here. We have stayed at the BC before, so I'm pretty familiar with the rooms/views/locations available there, but I'm clueless when it comes to the BCV.

I am planning to book a 2 BR villa and "think" I'd like to be in closer (rather than farther) walking distance to the BC main lobby & walkways to Epcot, Crescent Lake, etc., and on a high floor with a pretty view (unless these are bad choices/ideas?). An "Epcot/Fireworks' view is not very important to us and I also really don't want to see a lot of woods or roads either.

So, if anybody has any advice or past experiences with the BCV, I would greatly appreciate your input & advice as to what I should request when booking. :thanks:

P.S. Do all the rooms at BCV have balconies? Thanx again :)

go with what you want - close to the BC. - Now if you get a view of the BC it is not too bad.

remember that BCV was added after BC was completely - way after. It is an addition.

it is lovely on the inside - but the views are on the back of things or the parking lot.

BCV is pretty small, with 2 sets of elevators. I think there are actually some rooms at the villas that are closer to the main lobby of BC that rooms actually at the BC.

You can request a upper floor epcot view and might get lucky to see the fireworks. You view will mostly be of the woods and some tops of the buildings of World Showcase.

Beach Club Villas:

We rented DVC points from a family in Massachusetts.

We requested non-smoking, top floor, and pool view. We got ALL our requests. The only drawback to our room was it was handicapped. When taking a shower, water ran out into the bathroom-not a big deal though; also, not a lot of bathroom shelf space. Very close to the elevator, HUGE balcony overlooking quiet pool, no noise issues at all.

BCV is not that big, so any spot in the building isn't that far from the BC, Epcot, whatever. Not especially great views, we usually ask for water/pool view because that is what we like. Other views are garden or road views. Road views usually have a limited view of Illuminations on higher floors.

Thank you all for your great responses ... they all have really helped me :) :thanks:

There really isn't a "great" view of Epcot's "Illuminations" fireworks from the villas. Ever since Mission Space was built, the view is quite a bit obstructed. The best view of the fireworks is facing the gardens/woods which also faces the road. The villas do a pretty good job of blocking the view of the road from their balconies, but you can still see it and hear traffic (although the traffic is very light). On our last two trips to the villas, we had a courtyard view (see 1st pic.) and a garden view (see 2nd pic.). Our second stay also gave us access to view Epcot's fireworks (see 3rd pic.). I think the courtyard view was much lovelier. Both rooms had about a four minute walk to crescent lake and the International Gateway and about a two minute walk to the lobby. I agree with MinnieFan4ever, the villas can be a lot closer to the Beach Club lobby than most Beach Club rooms. The Beach Club halls are long with many turns. Some Beach Club rooms are quite a walking distance from the lobby.

100_0233.jpg

100_0116-1.jpg

100_0106.jpg

BCV is our home resort. We have stayed in pool view and EPCOT view rooms and prefer the pool view so much more then the EPCOT view that that is all we request anymore. We were pleasantly surprised when in the room one night to be able to see the fireworks from Wishes! We always request top floor, poolview near the main elevator. We've never been disappointed!

This is a very informative thread. Thanks! We're looking forward to our trip. 22 more days!!!!

Just a note on the HC room bathrooms.
When we were assigned one in March we took the little round table out of the living room and placed it between the sink and toilet for our toiletries.
Hope this helps someone assigned a HC room.

I have always requested "close to the lobby" as those rooms are convenient to the quiet pool and gift shop/snack shop as well. The view toward the quiet pool is particularly nice. I have been assigned rooms out in the boondocks with a view of the road, too, and it was hardly a bother... The whole resort is gorgeous overall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter