When PIXAR Invades The Disneyland Resort! April 7-15, 2018! *COMPLETED 8/6/18*

Blue Bayou sounds like a great place to eat! I love New Orleans and it really has that vibe. Have you ever eaten at a water side table there? I hear that's just incredible as far as theming goes!

I haven't eaten at a water side table, but I have been close. It's a nice restaurant. I hear it gets criticized for not being great in the New Orleans style of food, but I really enjoy it.

While I wasn't as excited about my entree at Blue Bayou, overall I enjoyed the Blue Bayou for dinner. The company was great!
You did have one big piece of meat (I honestly can't remember what you had). It's always great getting to see friends!

Woohoo updates galore! Awesome that you get to meet up worth Dis'ers! I just love hearing about DL. One day I will get there.

Woohoo updates galore! Awesome that you get to meet up worth Dis'ers! I just love hearing about DL. One day I will get there.
Yeah...Life has gotten the better of me the past couple weeks. So, I'm definitely hoping to become more consistent and finish my other trip report as well.

Here is a picture of my entree. It was the Ribeye. I just got this since I wanted the mac & cheese. The ribeye was very thin.

View attachment 324477

The dessert was really good though:
View attachment 324480
That's right! I can't remember why I didn't get your dessert, but I remember how much I liked the presentation now that I see your picture.

Looks like a good and productive day - sorry you didn't like a few of your items you got from the food booths, though i guess that is the good part of the booths in you can try a few things and not be locked into once choice like for a meal

Love the setting for Blue Bayou - we did lunch when we made our trip to Disneyland and really enjoyed it (though I had gotten the seasonal item which was a pork dish themed for the fall/Halloween which was excellent - better than the pork dish I had gotten at Carthay Circle)

Looks like a great day! The food updates are making me hungry especially @wnwardii's dessert.
It really was a nice day. This trip turned into being something rather strange for me. I would basically walk into the Disneyland Resort each day without a plan unlike all of my trips to WDW where I usually have a 3-4 page word document with a schedule LOL. Since I grew up around Disneyland, I just feel like that I don't need to rush to get everything in.

Willis's dessert looked delicious. I think it reminded me of the dragon dessert over at River Belle Terrace.

Looks like a good and productive day - sorry you didn't like a few of your items you got from the food booths, though i guess that is the good part of the booths in you can try a few things and not be locked into once choice like for a meal

Love the setting for Blue Bayou - we did lunch when we made our trip to Disneyland and really enjoyed it (though I had gotten the seasonal item which was a pork dish themed for the fall/Halloween which was excellent - better than the pork dish I had gotten at Carthay Circle)

- It was a nice first day...That's what I get for not doing any research. :D I still ate everything. It is more things didn't make sense or the consistency between the ingredients was just slightly off.

- Interesting to hear that something at Blue Bayou beat a dish at Carthay Circle. Carthay Circle continues to remain my favorite restaurant on Disneyland property, but I wouldn't make it there on this trip.

- Interesting to hear that something at Blue Bayou beat a dish at Carthay Circle. Carthay Circle continues to remain my favorite restaurant on Disneyland property, but I wouldn't make it there on this trip.

It was a cajun rubbed bone-in porkchop with goat cheese mashed potatoes
64_BB%20Pork%20chop.jpg

I'll be honest I was sort of underwhelmed by Carthay Circle, but maybe was just what we ordered :confused3

It was a cajun rubbed bone-in porkchop with goat cheese mashed potatoes
64_BB%20Pork%20chop.jpg

I'll be honest I was sort of underwhelmed by Carthay Circle, but maybe was just what we ordered :confused3
That looks delicious!

It could have been. I usually have my favorites at Carthay Circle, but I also like how they change their menu depending on the season.

I would basically walk into the Disneyland Resort each day without a plan unlike all of my trips to WDW where I usually have a 3-4 page word document with a schedule LOL.

About the only planning I did for this particular trip was to watch various YouTube videos about the food for F&W. Outside of having a list of "must tries" for F&W and a few dining reservations, most everything was unplanned. I am actually getting to the point where I like this instead of the mania planning for a WDW trip. I experienced FP+ before FP at Disneyland. I actually think I enjoy the FP at Disneyland instead, especially now with the MaxPass feature. And all of this coming from someone who likes to plan their trips, but near as much as @AMusicLifeForMe.

About the only planning I did for this particular trip was to watch various YouTube videos about the food for F&W. Outside of having a list of "must tries" for F&W and a few dining reservations, most everything was unplanned. I am actually getting to the point where I like this instead of the mania planning for a WDW trip. I experienced FP+ before FP at Disneyland. I actually think I enjoy the FP at Disneyland instead, especially now with the MaxPass feature. And all of this coming from someone who likes to plan their trips, but near as much as @AMusicLifeForMe.
I have always...and I mean ALWAYS...enjoyed the Disneyland fastpass system more than Walt Disney World's. Not every ride needs fastpass at Walt Disney World. It drives me crazy when an attraction like Haunted Mansion and Little Mermaid have a fastpass. Those lines constantly move or move very quickly when they don't have a fastpass at Disneyland.

Day 5: Fantasmic - Part 1!

Willis and I would arrive close to the Haunted Mansion where we would get in line for our Fantasmic Dining Package seating. Since we ate at the Blue Bayou, we were able to sit in the center of the viewing area.

The show would eventually begin!

Enjoy the pictures I took of Fantasmic:

I really like the Mickey head that they made with the water/projections.

I also like how they made a Sorcerer Mickey hat with the water/projections.

My favorite Disney movie, the Lion King, finally has a part in the show! :D

Captain Barbosa!!!

The Pirates of the Caribbean scene has definitely grown on me since it made its debut last year.

Time for the Prince and Princesses!

More in my next post!

Day 5: Fantasmic - Part 2!

Pictures of our showing of Fantasmic (cont.):

Time for the dragon!!!

Tinker Bell!!!

Time for the Mark Twain to make its debut with a lot of Disney characters!

Time for the finale with Sorcerer Mickey!!!

This new version of Fantasmic is absolutely incredible! I really enjoy the updates a lot! Part of me misses the original version, but this version has definitely grown on me since I first saw it during the D23 Expo. I really liked it then, but I was not ok with some of the changes. Now, the changes have grown on me, and I really like this version. The technology is amazing in this new version though!

The Disneyland version of Fantasmic will always beat Walt Disney World’s version in my mind. I am someone who believes the Walt Disney World version needs to go through a massive refurbishment and an upgrade! In my opinion, the original Disneyland Fantasmic and the new version far exceed the Walt Disney World version. It will take A LOT for the Walt Disney World version to ever be considered better than Disneyland’s.

So, Willis and I would stay in the Fantasmic viewing area after the show for the fireworks. The question now is…Would we receive a special surprise or would we get to see Remember...Dreams Come True?

More in my next post!

This new version of Fantasmic is absolutely incredible! I really enjoy the updates a lot! Part of me misses the original version, but this version has definitely grown on me since I first saw it during the D23 Expo. I really liked it then, but I was not ok with some of the changes. Now, the changes have grown on me, and I really like this version. The technology is amazing in this new version though!

While I never saw any previous version of Fantasmic! at Disneyland, this one showing was much better than when we saw it during D23. The major update was with the Pirates scene. The female character (don't recall the name) is no longer a damsel in distress and is no longer shrieking loudly.

Day 5: Together Forever Fireworks Spectacular Preview!

Together Forever previewed for the first time the previous evening so Willis and I were hoping that we were going to get to see a preview of the show after Fantasmic.

Shortly after Fantasmic, Bill Rogers (the voice of Disneyland) made an announcement in the Rivers of America area that we would be treated to a special preview performance of Together Forever! Together Forever is the new firework show for Pixar Fest.

Since the firework show was scheduled for about 5 minutes after Fantasmic, we didn’t have to wait that long for the show to begin!

Here are some pictures of the show from the Rivers of America:

Overall, I thought it was a good show. I had some very strong feelings about this show which I said that I had to see it from Main Street before I make a final opinion about this show.

The main issue I had with this show is this is the only Disneyland Firework Show to my knowledge that didn’t have a special song made for the show. They used only Pixar music. I know it is a Pixar show, but part of the reason why I love Disney fireworks shows so much is for the original songs that come with these shows. I also didn’t like how they jumped back and forth between the same movies. I wish they would have included more movies in the show instead of just a quick glimpse at the end of the show to other Pixar movies.

So, after the show, Willis and I would make our way towards the exit of Disneyland. It had been a long day so it was time to head back to the hotel I was staying at.

It was time to get some rest, because it would be another busy day ahead of me at my favorite place on Earth!

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: NEW Fantasmic!

Here are some videos of the new Fantasmic at Disneyland. I really like this version of the show a lot, but part of me still misses the original version. The technology is outstanding in this show!

Make sure you watch my videos in HD!

Disneyland Fantasmic: Beginning!

Here is the beginning of the Disneyland version of Fantasmic!

Disneyland Fantasmic: Lion King and Jungle Book Scene!

Here is the video of the Lion King and the Jungle Book scene during the Disneyland version of Fantasmic!

Disneyland Fantasmic: Pirates and Princesses!

Here is the Pirates of the Caribbean and the the Princesses scenes during the Disneyland version of Fantasmic!

Disneyland Fantasmic: Dragon and Finale!

Here is a video of the Dragon scene and the finale of the Disneyland Fantasmic!

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Together Forever Fireworks Spectacular Preview From Rivers Of America!

Here are some videos of the 2nd preview performance of the Together Forever Fireworks Spectacular!

Make sure you watch my videos in HD.

Together Forever (Preview) - Fantasmic Viewing - Beginning!

Here is the beginning of Together Forever!

Together Forever (Preview) - Fantasmic Viewing - Wall-E!

Here is a video of the Wall-E segment of the show!

Together Forever (Preview) - Fantasmic Viewing - Coco!

Here is a video of the Coco segment during the show! This is probably my favorite part of the show especially if you view it from Main Street. Stay tuned to my trip report for a video of this portion from Main Street.

Together Forever (Preview) - Fantasmic Viewing - Cars/Incredibles!

Here is a video of the Cars and the Incredibles segments of the show.

Together Forever (Preview) - Fantasmic Viewing - Up/Finale!

Here is a video of the Up segment and the finale of Together Forever!

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

While I never saw any previous version of Fantasmic! at Disneyland, this one showing was much better than when we saw it during D23. The major update was with the Pirates scene. The female character (don't recall the name) is no longer a damsel in distress and is no longer shrieking loudly.

I completely agree! One of the reasons why I enjoy that scene a lot more...I'm sure there are videos of the original on Youtube. I recommend checking it out sometime.

I need to get out to Disneyland sooner than later. Fantasmic is one of those things I really want to see out there.
Yes you do! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!