When is the best time to book flights for April?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
We are heading to WDW for our kids spring April vacation, thankfully not near Easter, but it is still the April vacation week of many NE states. We usually find the best deals flying southwest, but am option at looking at other options. Leaving Saturday and returning the Tuesday after their break is over. Thankfully what i have typically seen is that tuesday flights are generally cheaper.

For this type of time frame when would you want to book or start looking. It will be 7 of us traveling, so getting the best deal is a big priority.

I was wondering the same. We are also going over April vacation next year. I was hoping since Easter is 2 weeks before that the airfare would be around what we paid for the beginning of November last year. We paid $2000 for 4 with southwest flying from NH. I just remember a year out, the delta prices were what we ended up paying on southwest when the airfare posted. Delta is currently showing $1000 per ticket for nonstop!!! I am hoping to somehow be at 1/2 that per ticket.

Check SW the day they release the flights for the date, and book it if you can live with the price.
Don't assume Tuesday is the cheapest flight. For the week we are returning, the nonstop on Tuesday is $239, on Wednesday is $99.

We went to FL this past April vacation from the NE. I usually book southwest the morning they release the fares. I forgot last time until the afternoon and the flights were crazy. Ended up booking to/from Providence (1.5 hrs from us) to get an affordable airfare. The Southwest fares just opened up until March, I believe. I booked our February vacation from MHT to fort lauderdale. Happy not to have to go to Providence again. :D

I see a lot of advice about the best time to purchase air fare, but I agree that jumping on SWA the day fares are released for your vacation dates can be fruitful. If not, continue to "stalk" their website and sign up for fare sale email notifications. Once you see a price you can live with, pounce on it; if fares decrease afterwards, you may be eligible for a credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter