When Is The $200 Deposit On A Package Due?

MickeyEars

DIS Veteran
Is it due 14 days or 7 days from when you make the reservation? I know it used to be 14 days but I thought I read here on the boards that it had recently changed to 7 days? Can someone help me? :goodvibes

Thank you!!
Carla

Is it due 14 days or 7 days from when you make the reservation? I know it used to be 14 days but I thought I read here on the boards that it had recently changed to 7 days? Can someone help me? :goodvibes

Thank you!!
Carla

The deposit is due right away when you book the package.

I am going by the disney website though. I got a quote a couple of weeks back from Dreams Unlimited and they replied that they needed the deposit up front as they are no longer able to hold any reservations until the initial deposit is received.

Good Luck!!

I believe that before they would hold a ressie without the deposit, but now they won't. Its just the times we are in I suppose.

i called just to find out some info and the CM was very pushy trying to get me to book my room right then (even though I told her the dates were not firm). She said she can hold the ressies w/o deposit for 48 hours. hope this helps! :cutie:

i called just to find out some info and the CM was very pushy trying to get me to book my room right then (even though I told her the dates were not firm). She said she can hold the ressies w/o deposit for 48 hours. hope this helps! :cutie:

When I booked my package a couple of weeks ago, they told me that the deposit was due right away and asked for a credit card. I understand that if you include airfare in your package, that is due right away also as the airlines need the money to book the reservation.

for the $200, it is that day, usually 24 hours. I had to run to the bank one time to make a deposit onto my card. They let me, gave me 24 hours.
All other ressies will do a 7 day hold. Yes, it used to be 14 days, but changed over this past year.

When I called to make ours I asked what the normal hold time was, and told her I remembered when it was 14 days and we used to mail checks...LOL She said it was 7 days now, but we were booking the Visa FD deal and the deposit had to be made right then, as it was a promo and they don't allow holds on specials like that.

Thanks everyone for your replies. My AAA agent emailed me yesterday and said it was 7 days. There are so many changes taking place at Disney these days it's very hard to keep up!! ;)

Thanks again!
Carla

When you do it by phone, it is very very very very very definitely 7 days.

I just booked my May 2009 package yesterday. WHen the CM asked for my credit card number, I very confidently said to her something like, "I have 7 days to pay the deposit, don't I?" and she replied, "Yes, of course."

It's 7 days. Case closed.

Or maybe not the case isn't closed. I called and made a reservation on July 17th but told the CM I would be paying the $200.00 on the first of August. She said they could put me on a provisional reservation until then. I called on the first of August, and my original reservation and confirmation number were still there. I had no problems paying the deposit that day, 15 days after my initial reservation.

Or maybe not the case isn't closed. I called and made a reservation on July 17th but told the CM I would be paying the $200.00 on the first of August. She said they could put me on a provisional reservation until then. I called on the first of August, and my original reservation and confirmation number were still there. I had no problems paying the deposit that day, 15 days after my initial reservation.
Point taken. I guess I was referring to posts saying that deposits must be made immediately. It makes sense that they have the discretion to allow you MORE time, but a CM can't tell a guest they have LESS than 7 days to make the deposit.

The only exception, however, is if you book a package 45 or fewer days before your arrival. In that case, the full cost of the package is due IMMEDIATELY. This is due to the payment terms of packages ... packages must be paid in full by 45 days before arrival, so if you book within that window, your payment is due. Of course, I imagine someone in the food chain has the discretion to grant an extension there, also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter