When in doubt, feed the bear....but not that!!!Day 6- Last day blues

Getting all caught up Pat! Wow, I can't believe those wait times at DHS and Epcot. Not sure I could handle all those crowds. Oh, and the wait for the ride in Mexico.....ridiculous!

Oh, how neat that you got to eat dinner with all the dis friends at O'hana's. I bet it was lots of fun. Too funny about the bill!

I would have snagged the extra towels and stuff outside the room as well. That is the only thing I don't like about DVC.

Love your pictures of DHS early in the AM before the crowds came. I need to see if we have any of those early times for Spring Break.

Those wait times were crazy! That's why we go the day or so after Labor Day. When are boys were young we always had to go during Spring Break or in the summer. I don't want to deal with those sorts of crowds ever again!:thumbsup2

I like all the pins. :thumbsup2

Daisy and Donald are stylin' in their Hollywood attire. ::yes::

I am glad we were in Hollywood when we were (no lines) and not when you were. ;)

Getting all caught up Pat! Wow, I can't believe those wait times at DHS and Epcot. Not sure I could handle all those crowds. Oh, and the wait for the ride in Mexico.....ridiculous!

In 2009 I don't think it was nearly as crowded. Maybe I just planned better. :confused3 The wait times were like that in 2009 but I think I maneuvered better than I did this trip.

I have never seen the ride in Mexico like that EVER. :eek:

Oh, how neat that you got to eat dinner with all the dis friends at O'hana's. I bet it was lots of fun. Too funny about the bill!

It was a fun night and I look forward to doing it again. :cool1:

I would have snagged the extra towels and stuff outside the room as well. That is the only thing I don't like about DVC.

I considered it to be a little 'welcome' to DVC gift. :lmao:

Hey if extra towels and things are near my door and they are all clean and folded, I will aquire them. :laughing:

Love your pictures of DHS early in the AM before the crowds came. I need to see if we have any of those early times for Spring Break.

Sometimes just getting an hour jump is all your need to knowck some of the popular things out of the way.

Nice job on the run, Pat!

Thanks it was fun. I just wish it was a bit warmer, or the sun was out. either one would have been perfect. Can't say I would have been faster.... but I would have been more comfortable.

She has gotten faster, especially at some things! :rolleyes1 Of course, if she was competing against some in THIS crowd, she would be blowing everyone away........ :lmao:

It is my cat like reflexes. :lmao:

I'm still amazed at the ToT line. :eek: Imagine what it would be like if the ride was actually fun! :rotfl2:

:lmao::lmao: It is fun, silly boy. I completely understand the lack of fun falling is but I really enjoy ToT. :)

Those wait times were crazy! That's why we go the day or so after Labor Day. When are boys were young we always had to go during Spring Break or in the summer. I don't want to deal with those sorts of crowds ever again!:thumbsup2

The week after Labor Day is when I saw a 10 min Soarin' wait time. One of the reasons I was originally going to stay the first week in Jan to hopefully see some low crowds but I ended up leaving on the 3rd.

I like all the pins. :thumbsup2
I see myself coming home with more and more pins. I need to get a shadow box to display them.

Daisy and Donald are stylin' in their Hollywood attire. ::yes::

They were.

I am glad we were in Hollywood when we were (no lines) and not when you were. ;)

The crowds came a little after I got there but not much. I guess most of the early birds at least wait until dawn to go the park. :laughing:

Pat, Great updates as always. Love the pics of the pins. I love your idea about putting them in a shadow box. I have just recently started getting interested in them. I like using them for my board at work. Makes me happy when I look up to reference something. Can't believe that line at ToT :scared1: We are so spoiled going in Sept/Oct with the crowds. That will all have to change in a few years when Chloe goes to school.

OKay, I really need to read your TR since you are a Charlottean! I will be back! :flower3:

:welcome: I don't know why I never looked to see thet you were from Charlotte too. :confused3

Pat, Great updates as always. Love the pics of the pins. I love your idea about putting them in a shadow box. I have just recently started getting interested in them. I like using them for my board at work. Makes me happy when I look up to reference something. Can't believe that line at ToT :scared1: We are so spoiled going in Sept/Oct with the crowds. That will all have to change in a few years when Chloe goes to school.

I knew going for NYE would be crazy and I was up for the crazy. :crazy:
Spending time with my teacher friends made it all worth it. :cloud9:

I was caught off guard a couple of times with lines. I guess I am a little spoiled too. ( Right MeMom?)

Next trip is 4th of July another crowded time and then mid October which I planned, on purpose, not to be during a super crowded time. Hopefully that trip will be a low crowd one.

All caught up on your trip, what fun you were already having...I would LOVE to hear the storytellers, that looks wonderful, as do your drinks. :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Ugh.....I got behind too. I do love the pins. I am starting to get into them a little more. I don't eant to trade, but I think I might start buying at least one per trip just to have.

All caught up on your trip, what fun you were already having...I would LOVE to hear the storytellers, that looks wonderful, as do your drinks. :thumbsup2 :lmao:

As long as I keep the bear fed all is good. Even when he is grouchy it is OK , I am in Disney so all is good.

The storytellers are wonderful. Some stories are really good and some are very entertaining as well as a good story. Julenissen falls into the latter category.

Ugh.....I got behind too. I do love the pins. I am starting to get into them a little more. I don't eant to trade, but I think I might start buying at least one per trip just to have.

In Oct I got a bunch of the 40th anniversary pins and now I usually look at ( and get) the DVC, VISA and AP pins. This year I found some additional dated pins so those came home too. :) I need to get them out the bag in the drawer and displayed properly.

I really need a snow day. A day where I am trapped at home and can organize things since I won't be able to do much else. :upsidedow

Well you see, I got this text .....

You will just have to 'turn the page' to see who sent it.:)

I am standing a way too crowded DHS and I get a text.Who could it be from?

I had gotten a text from Jill and MeMom to try and get FP for Jungle Cruise so we could have a meet that night.

I needed to get up to MK soon to get a FP.

I cross the park to try my luck at ST.
I pass these guys.

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

ST had a short wait so I hop in line and in about 5 min I am here

IMG_2694.jpg

I guess people have not made it this far into the park yet.

IMG_2695.jpg

I figure with the crowds building I should head to MK sooner than later. I will have to get a FP then wait around and get a second one for Chris if he should join us tonight.

AKL has taken POP’s Place.

IMG_2697.jpg

If I wanted to get back I would need to go here.

IMG_2698.jpg

But I am going to MK so I have to get the TTC bus, way down the row.
By 9:06 I am on my way to the TTC.

I get off the bus at the TTC and as I walk around to the monorail I am directed by CM to busses to MK.

I wonder if the monorail is down. Nope I see a monorail go by.

This must just be for the extra crowd. I follow directions and hop on a bus. In a few minutes I am pulling into MK.

The boats are going full force.

IMG_2700.jpg

I walk around and get in line for bag check.

I see this guy. Just standing. My eagle eye spies an earpiece.

He is plainclothes dude.

IMG_2701.jpg

Through bag check and through the turnstiles in 3 minutes.

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

I get to JC and ….

IMG_2704.jpg

You see at the bottom the word override.

Well my AP is not working again.

When I was talking to the CM he did not let me know right away he pushed the override button. He was trying to convince me mine worked. I called him on it. It said I could get another FP right away so I waited for him to move away and I tried it again.

I was able to get another one. I think this time a female CM gave me one of those cards.

So now I had 2. I had time to kill. I wanted to get some extra so we would have enough for a meet tonight. Sadly we will not be able to do this anymore.

I walked by the Pirate show and noticed this CM wiping up puddles.

IMG_2705.jpg

Since that is how a CM fell a while ago, I was glad to see them being careful.
I entered a long dark tunnel with a short wait.

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2711.jpg

IMG_2712.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2718.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

Trying to get the guy with the kittens

IMG_2721.jpg

Have you ever noticed every ride with the conveyer belt has unique “footprints”

IMG_2722.jpg

It is hard to see but there is a footprint and a peg print.

Now I had to experiment. I wanted to see if if it was the machine or the Ap that was giving me a fit.

IMG_2704.jpg

You see at the bottom the word override.

Well my AP is not working again.

When I was talking to the CM he did not let me know right away he pushed the override button. He was trying to convince me mine worked. I called him on it. It said I could get another FP right away so I waited for him to move away and I tried it again.

I was able to get another one. I think this time a female CM gave me one of those cards.

So now I had 2. I had time to kill. I wanted to get some extra so we would have enough for a meet tonight.

Score! :thumbsup2

Sadly we will not be able to do this anymore.

Drat.

Have you ever noticed every ride with the conveyer belt has unique “footprints”

IMG_2722.jpg

It is hard to see but there is a footprint and a peg print.

That's pretty clever!

No more collecting the Fastpasses for a big DIS ride. It's every DISer for himself on FP collection, we ride when it's a walk-on, or we just meet and eat somewhere instead of ride.

Nice picture of the Magic Kingdom Christmas tree! :santa:

A JC DIS meet sounds like a lot of fun and yeah for getting a bonus FP! :cool1: I hope your AP is working and you don't have to take a trip to guest services.

You are pretty observant to spot the plain clothes dude! I am pretty clueless when it comes to that sort of thing.

I love your picture of the wenches in PoC. I still can't get any pictures to turn out in there, but I am going to try again in June. :laughing:

Fun update!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter