"When I went it was all lights, and music, and Mickey doin' his magic." — Aug. '18 Disneyversary TR — Completed (Finally!!) August 20, 2021

I haven't forgotten about you, I promise. Life as a master's student, man...I had no idea it could get so busy! I feel like I've been a broken record over here, saying that I've-been-gone-but-I'm-back-now-and-I'm-gonna-make-every-effort-to-now-finish-this-report...and then I disappear again for weeks or months at a time. I doubt any of you trust me to ever finish this TR at this point, and I'm not gonna make anymore promises about the speed at which that's likely to happen, but I figured that since I've got a few hours free today, I might as well toss in a nice robust update and keep things moving around here...even if at a snail's pace.
:hug:
Totally get it. You just keep on doing what you gotta do and we'll be here when you have the time. :)
I'm currently in the homestretch of my master's degree, with about a month to go until my last internship placement is complete.
Getting close now! You got this!
(How's a kid to know that "Him do" should actually be "He is doing"?? Tricky stuff, English is!),
I saw something I found funny, the other day.

Yoda would make the worst car passenger.
"Um, am I going the right way?"
Yoda: "Off course, you are."
We decided to maximize our beauty rest this morning and slept in until around 9:00.
This is possible?
I didn't take any pictures of the spa this time, but we both had good massages and left the spa feeling refreshed.
Sounds nice. :)
Next, it was time for a little Afternoon Tea.
Done that. Enjoyed it too. :)
I even got a rose, which we took back to the room to brighten the last bit of our stay.
Nice. :)
They must have forgotten Nathan's rose
Pretty sure only the lady gets one. I know I didn't... unless I gave mine to my "date" and don't remember now.
Caption this:
Elsa: "I am a princess. Give to me all of your popcorn"
Meghan: "No freaking way! Princess or no princess!"
Nathan: "Meh. I'm still full from tea. Let her have it."
Elsa, ever the big sister, then decided to make this a lesson for Anna, calling out loudly enough for her to overhear: "So you didn't get married after one day? Did you hear that, Anna? NINE YEARS!!"
:lmao:
She borrowed our sharpie that we had with us for autographs, and began pretending to take notes on her hand as Elsa instructed her on how long you should get to know somebody before you decided you wanted to marry them,
:laughing:
We managed to get some crazy eyes from Elsa...
Overly attached princess...

We went to China, and N happily downed a Tipsy Ducks in Love.
Got excited there for a second...
Coffee. Nope.
I took photos of each pin I traded for, then would usually trade it away for something new at the next country.
Oh! Surprised you didn't keep them.
When we got to the Canada pavilion, the cast member there offered to show us their pin board, but only if we played a "lightning round" of trivia with him.
Fun. :)
Shyly, I went up to her and asked her if she was, by chance, Sarah from Gluten Free & Dairy Free at WDW...and she was!
Celebrity DISmeet!
a cast member also came over to show us an elephant tusk and talk with us about conservation efforts.
"Yep. I shot ol' Red all by myself..."

:rolleyes:
We decided to split one order of bread service
Love that bread service!

What a wonderful day! How relaxing to start with a massage and the tea! I’m sorry your food choices were not that great. The little finger sandwiches and the scone are yummy 🤤
I love your meet with Anna and Elsa, looks like a fun one
The bread service at Sanaa is one of my favorites!
Congratulations on conquering your SLP Master’s degree! I received my Masters in Nursing when I was a bit older than you! Haha 😂 I had been working as a nurse for 20 years when I did it. I’m so glad I did. It was all online for me! I also have a certification in geriatrics. I love old people!!

Sounds like a lovely time at tea!

I love the pics with Anna & Elsa! And it sounds like some great interaction!!

I LOVE your pin trading around the world idea! So fun to take a pic of the pin in that country!

What a nice surprise getting to meet Belle!

Very cool getting to meet someone who's website you follow!

I feel like I've been a broken record over here, saying that I've-been-gone-but-I'm-back-now-and-I'm-gonna-make-every-effort-to-now-finish-this-report...and then I disappear again for weeks or months at a time
I can relate... It happens.
I'm currently in the homestretch of my master's degree, with about a month to go until my last internship placement is complete.
Well, that's good!
Shortly after, it was time to get our relaxation on. We'd booked ourselves a couple's massage at the Senses Spa at the GF as an anniversary present to ourselves. I didn't take any pictures of the spa this time, but we both had good massages and left the spa feeling refreshed. This was just the kind of slow relaxing start to our day that we needed after the busyness of the day before.
Good plan for the day after your late night. Sounds very nice!
I think that, as long as I continue to have dietary restrictions, this will probably be a one-and-done for us. It was a nice experience, but the food was definitely better for Nathan than it was for me. Nathan enjoyed it, and he likes tea, but he was partaking in this for my benefit rather than his own interest, so I don't think he'd ever ask to go back unless I had a change in dietary restrictions and wanted to try it again.
That does make sense. The type of food they typically offer would definitely not play well with your restrictions so it would have to be a much different experience for you.
I swear, I just have to enter that park and I immediately feel like life is just that little extra bit better. I don't know how all the construction and changes will affect this, but I hope EPCOT always has this effect on me no matter how it transforms over the years.
::yes:: This!
Suddenly, with little warning, it began to pour outside. (August, though, amirite?)
:confused3 ::yes::
Elsa, ever the big sister, then decided to make this a lesson for Anna, calling out loudly enough for her to overhear: "So you didn't get married after one day? Did you hear that, Anna? NINE YEARS!!"
:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:
We also picked up a Larry Dotson art print of the pavilion to commemorate that we were celebrating one year of marriage back in our beautiful wedding location. This began a collection of Larry Dotson prints for us, which now includes the Canada Pavilion, two different Animal Kingdom prints, the Beach Club, and EPCOT's Illuminations, each one related somehow to a trip we've taken.
Nice! Sounds like a great way to remember your wedding day and commemorate memorable trips!
hyly, I went up to her and asked her if she was, by chance, Sarah from Gluten Free & Dairy Free at WDW...and she was!
Cool! Neat that you had a chance to get to meet her and I'm sure that she appreciated knowing that she's impacting people in a positive manner.

So excited for you almost being finished with your master's work!!! We're rooting you on, even when you abandon us here!!!! :)

Love the idea of pin trading around world showcase. That It's a Small World cowboy would have been a keepr for me--for some reason I have just always loved him!!

Thanks for checking in with us here :) See you next time you swing by!

:woohoo: Woohoo! Trust me, I know how amazing that feeling is... to be so close you can taste it!!! It'll be here before you know it!

I swear, I just have to enter that park and I immediately feel like life is just that little extra bit better.
Yes. This is what Epcot does for me, too. The music and the ambiance is like no other. I, too, hope the changes won't change that immediate feeling of happiness and calm for me.

We ducked under cover....and I have in my notes that I got a hot dog in a paper wrapper there?? :confused3 They must have had hot dogs that were gluten free, but no gluten free buns? I have no memory of this and no pictures to support it, so it may or may not be true. You can decide. This TR is becoming a bit of a Choose Your Own Adventure story these days. You're welcome.
:rotfl:

I love how all your pin pictures had really cool Epcot backgrounds :thumbsup2

I haven't forgotten about you, I promise. Life as a master's student, man...I had no idea it could get so busy! I feel like I've been a broken record over here, saying that I've-been-gone-but-I'm-back-now-and-I'm-gonna-make-every-effort-to-now-finish-this-report...and then I disappear again for weeks or months at a time. I doubt any of you trust me to ever finish this TR at this point, and I'm not gonna make anymore promises about the speed at which that's likely to happen, but I figured that since I've got a few hours free today, I might as well toss in a nice robust update and keep things moving around here...even if at a snail's pace.
I totally understand. Life is busy! Sometimes I feel like I have lots of time and then none!

We enjoyed our experience at the Garden View Tea Room, and had a very classy server taking care of us. I even got a rose, which we took back to the room to brighten the last bit of our stay. (They must have forgotten Nathan's rose, but he didn't complain. I offered to share mine with him so we would both feel like the special guests of honour that we were. :goodvibes) I felt a bit underdressed since I'd just shown up in a tank top and shorts, but there were a few others wearing casual park attire like mine, so I didn't let it concern me much. I think that, as long as I continue to have dietary restrictions, this will probably be a one-and-done for us. It was a nice experience, but the food was definitely better for Nathan than it was for me. Nathan enjoyed it, and he likes tea, but he was partaking in this for my benefit rather than his own interest, so I don't think he'd ever ask to go back unless I had a change in dietary restrictions and wanted to try it again.
I am so glad to hear your oppinion on this! I want to take my mom here one day. She loves Tea and I know she would enjoy this so much but she has had to go Gluten Free recently. I do think she would still enjoy it. But sounds like the food was meh for you.

er the big sister, then decided to make this a lesson for Anna, calling out loudly enough for her to overhear: "So you didn't get married after one day? Did you hear that, Anna? NINE YEARS!!" Then Anna got in on the fun. She borrowed our sharpie that we had with us for autographs, and began pretending to take notes on her hand as Elsa instructed her on how long you should get to know somebody before you decided you wanted to marry them, and we peppered in bits of relationship advice here and there.
This is HILARIOUS!!!!! I love it.

Loved all the pin pictures from around the World Showcase. The Rumble one was really great; I wouldn't have been able to trade it. :rotfl:

How cool that you met someone you follow online! And very brave of you to go up and say hello; I'm sure it made her feel good to meet someone who has benefited from her articles and reviews.

Congrats on almost being finished with your maser's. It sounds like it's been a hard journey, and you should feel extremely proud to have undertaken such a big goal!

I know this was addressed to Liesa, but...
Glad to hear you're learning a lot and more than halfway through is great! Hang in there! You're getting there! And it'll all be worth it in the end. :)

Thanks, @pkondz! It's been a very good experience overall. Once this week is done, I'll only have four weeks left. Counting down the days till I'll be a grown-up SLP, ready to face the world...still continuing to learn, no doubt, but hopefully at least getting paid while I do it at that point :)

I'm so glad you're in the home stretch now and even closer now that it's taken me so long to get around to replying to alll the threads I read. UGH!! Seems I'm as busy you are finding less and less time to be here. Have you started job huntingh yet?

Next, it was time for a little Afternoon Tea.

I have always love the Tea. It's so relaxing and such a pretty presentation.

Our world travels momentarily interrupted, we decided to duck in to Anna and Elsa's Royal Sommerhus to keep dry and chat with a couple of royal friends.

A great way to dodge the rain. But even better since you had an EPIC Meet!
Elsa noticed our buttons and asked how long we'd been married. I told her we were celebrating our one "ear" anniversary, but that we'd actually been together for nine years prior to getting married. Elsa, ever the big sister, then decided to make this a lesson for Anna, calling out loudly enough for her to overhear: "So you didn't get married after one day? Did you hear that, Anna? NINE YEARS!!" Then Anna got in on the fun. She borrowed our sharpie that we had with us for autographs, and began pretending to take notes on her hand as Elsa instructed her on how long you should get to know somebody before you decided you wanted to marry them, and we peppered in bits of relationship advice here and there.

This is such fun!! What a great time with the Sisters!

but something I CAN do is "Pin Trade Around the World." I took photos of each pin I traded for, then would usually trade it away for something new at the next country.

WOW!! Another fun "Around the World" activity!! I love this!

When we arrived in the France pavilion, we spoke with a French cast member—I attempted a bit of French, myself—who asked us if we'd ever met his cousin. I had no idea what he was talking about, so he ushered us inside to where his "cousin," was standing all alone, doing her meet and greet inside out of the damp weather...

You have the BEST Meet and Greets!

Shyly, I went up to her and asked her if she was, by chance, Sarah from Gluten Free & Dairy Free at WDW...and she was! I was very psyched to have met someone I consider be a low-level internet celebrity in the dietary restriction world. :laughing: Her website has made a huge difference in how I'm able to get the most out of Disney dining. I thanked her for writing her reviews and for all the restaurants that I've checked out over the years because of site.

What a fun and unexpected meeting. I love that you could thank her in person and you could encourage her to keep writing. :)

Hi stranger!! So glad to see you back on here even if you aren't back for another four years :P

Glad to hear your internship is going so well. The kiddos are very lucky to have you.

You have me so in the mood for Sanaa after seeing your meal. How awesome that you got to meet Sarah. I didn't know about her site but what a wonderful resource for those with allergies. I would have totally been fan girling too

*ahem* Testing, testing...is this thing on? Is anyone still out there? Hello? Have you all gone home? *crickets*

Honestly, I wouldn't blame you if you gave up on this TR! I nearly have, and I'm the author! But here I am, back at it once again. Let's see if this little surge of DIS-ambition actually takes! I'm caught up on all the comments here, and a few other TRs, but I still have many of your TRs left to finish reading. I will! I promise!

Now for our apocalypse update? Let's see. In the words of our good pal, Dickens, "It was the stressed of times, it was the worst of times."

Oh, wait...was that not what he wrote? Close enough. And basically accurate.

In all seriousness though, we're doing alright. N and I have been very fortunate to have stayed quite healthy and well, and to continue to make ends meet. I'm playing lots of Animal Crossing, trying to do a little "real" work, questioning the integrity of my mental health daily, and sometimes eating a little too much sugar. As of just recently, I became a "master," so that's cool. N and I laugh because if you'd asked us years ago which of us was more likely to end up with a Master's of Science degree, neither of us would have said me. Now I, the artist/performer/musician-type of our duo, have an M.Sc., and N, the logically-minded scientist-type, makes his living as a visual artist. Sometimes life is funny! I also obtained the required membership in order to be licensed to practice as a speech-language pathologist in my area. We're fortunate that we're currently living in a province that has done quite well with containing the spread of COVID-19, and restrictions have been relaxed enough to allow us to spend time with a small circle of close family and friends without social distancing, so after I graduated my grandmother and aunt came over to our house and surprised me with balloons, gluten free pizza, and ice cream cake to celebrate. :)

N and I also decided to put in a garden this year and try our luck at growing some things. We just got a couple of nasty nights of unexpected frost this week and seem to have lost a couple of plants, despite covering everything, but otherwise everything is looking good so far! N has also been continuing to paint commissions for some of his loyal fanbase, as much as his current supply will allow, and he has been live-streaming his art and receiving lots of encouragement.

We're doing okay. We're some of the lucky ones. But folks...global pandemics suck!

On top of it all, we're grieving alongside our neighbours to the south in these heartbreaking times as we fight for equity. Because I know to be mindful of what I post in this forum when it could be related to politics, all I will say is that, to my friends who are PoC, or who love PoC, I see you, I hurt with you, and I'm listening. Feel free to message me privately if you'd like to talk.

Now that all that's said...let's see if I can actually get this TR wrapped up before the end of this monstrosity of a year called 2020...

"I haven't shovelled snow in so long, guys!"
Aug. 26—Part 1

So when I last left off, like four years ago, we were heading into our last full day at Disney. ...Ooofff....these memories are a little hard to think about now, when there's no saying how long it will be until the borders open again and it's safe to travel...but they're also happy memories. I know that someday we'll get to make more of them!

Our last full day at Disney started nice and early! We were greeted by some beautiful views at the Grand Floridian. (A sight for sore eyes these days, being cooped up at home for so long!)

PcMxUNX.jpg

VcnkpnQ.jpg

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom around 7:45am, just slightly later than I'd intended. We were getting there nice and early because we had tickets to Early Morning Magic! I was probably stressed out because we were running late-ish. That sounds like me. But I really don't remember at this point, nearly two years later. I do remember, however, that we had a fun little magical moment at the tapstiles when we entered the park! The CM who let us in was wearing a nametag that said he was from Augusta, Maine! We grew up just across the border from Maine, had both travelled to Maine frequently, and I'd been to Augusta several times. We chatted with him for a second, and he knew where we were from and asked us how we were enjoying the summer heat. He said he loved Florida and would never go back. Laughing, he told us, "I haven't shovelled snow in so long, guys!"

x7AmIuM.jpg

I loved how empty it felt in the park when we were there for the early morning event. It always feels a little extra magical to me when you can enjoy the parks without wading through a crowd. Such a privilege!

rUwdVD0.jpg

skQFe5X.jpg

We wanted to make the most of our time and ride as much as possible with little to no wait, so we headed straight to 7DMT. Most people had the same idea, but we still only waited a few minutes.

ew7bkt0.jpg

dlAqUPQ.jpg

bRI0eSH.jpg

xzM5Msm.jpg

Then we rode Winnie the Pooh...

Wrg9KXX.jpg

...and then Peter Pan...

dxoLKgH.jpg

At this point, I was becoming an EMM liability. I don't do well when I don't start my day with a decent breakfast. Add in a couple early morning rides, and this ended up being a perfect recipe for motion sickness. After Peter Pan I decided I needed to get some breakfast, even if it meant wasting a bit of our precious ticketed time.

ogliFrX.jpg

We had a fairly light "first breakfast," (light by Disney vacation standards, anyway,) and then were back to the action!

CXgHRB5.jpg

iFlsbtF.jpg

Our post-breakfast rides, according to my notes, were Peter Pan x2, then 7DMT, then Winnie the Pooh.

YE5zWZG.jpg

IyRFnnM.jpg

UzWwwH4.jpg

At this point we were nearing the time when all guests would be let in to the parks. I wasn't quite up to another rollercoaster ride, even one as tame as 7DMT, but I wanted N to get the max value out of his EMM, so I told him to go one more time without me. I'd go get in line to meet Merida as soon as she started her day, and he could come join me when he was finished.

jqoRYGd.jpg

This would have been a perfect plan if Merida hadn't gotten tied up assisting with some important princess business at Cinderella's castle that morning, but unfortunately I was told there was no ETA on when she'd arrive. I tracked down N after his ride, and we decided to go meet Ariel instead.

hnaAsXW.jpg

2T3GzHF.jpg

We still had a bit of time left before our window for eating "second breakfast" would end, so we opted for a quick ride under the sea first...

qQaRo3K.jpg

GDmteg3.jpg

4nChpA6.jpg

yVQKSJg.jpg

Ohhhh Flounder...what's happening here??

7Z9mBhA.jpg

tpCvEtZ.jpg

Once we emerged from our trip to the ocean floor, it was time for second breakfast. First breakfast had been a teaser to get me through the morning, but second breakfast was time to get serious if we were going to have enough energy to make the most of our last Disney day! The fruit was nice and fresh, and there were some different gluten free options, which I took the time to request this time around. Toaster waffles/french toast wouldn't normally be my first choice, but I appreciated the variety. It was also late enough in the morning that we didn't feel too guilty drinking diet coke with breakfast.

WqC7zMk.jpg

eyrqlT6.jpg

pgtRd2k.jpg

CsID3ib.jpg

Up next: will I ever meet Merida? And what panic-inducing event will cause me nearly to experience a heart attack at the Magic Kingdom? Find out soon! (Disclaimer: "soon" may be relative.)

Last edited:
I totally feel you on the TR front! I'm trying to get caught up with a bunch more of the ones I read before I finish up posting! I'm ashamed at how far behind I am!

*ahem* Testing, testing...is this thing on? Is anyone still out there? Hello? Have you all gone home? *crickets*
We're sorry, but the number you have dialed is no longer in service.
I nearly have, and I'm the author!
Been there, done that. :hug:
"It was the stressed of times, it was the worst of times."
Nicely done, but... unfortunately so as well.
and sometimes eating a little too much sugar.
Ah yes. The great weight gain of 2020 is upon us.
As of just recently, I became a "master,"
I've already said it, but Congratulations! :)
Now I, the artist/performer/musician-type of our duo, have an M.Sc., and N, the logically-minded scientist-type, makes his living as a visual artist.
That's... really kinda weird! :laughing: But good for you both to have found your calling.
so after I graduated my grandmother and aunt came over to our house and surprised me with balloons, gluten free pizza, and ice cream cake to celebrate. :)
:) Very nice.
N and I also decided to put in a garden this year and try our luck at growing some things.
What did you plant??
Betting tomatoes since you said you lost some.
...Ooofff....these memories are a little hard to think about now, when there's no saying how long it will be until the borders open again and it's safe to travel..
Yeah... :sad1:
we had tickets to Early Morning Magic!
Oh! I'm not sure I knew this was a thing? I knew about late but not early?
The CM who let us in was wearing a nametag that said he was from Augusta, Maine! We grew up just across the border from Maine, had both travelled to Maine frequently, and I'd been to Augusta several times.
That's cool. :)
Laughing, he told us, "I haven't shovelled snow in so long, guys!"
Oh... Shut. Up.
It always feels a little extra magical to me when you can enjoy the parks without wading through a crowd. Such a privilege!
::yes::
That's a cool shot. Too bad you don't know them (assuming?) because that's a great shot of them.
After Peter Pan I decided I needed to get some breakfast, even if it meant wasting a bit of our precious ticketed time.
Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
Peter Pan x2,
Ooooohhh… lucky. I don't know if I've ever ridden it back to back. I'd sure love to.
This would have been a perfect plan if Merida hadn't gotten tied up assisting with some important princess at Cinderella's castle that morning,
Dang!
Ohhhh Flounder...what's happening here??
Sometimes when you gotta go, you gotta go.
second breakfast was time to get serious
I have a mental image of you rolling up your sleeves.
And what panic-inducing event will cause me nearly to experience a heart attack at the Magic Kingdom?
Uh, oh! :scared:
Find out soon! (Disclaimer: "soon" may be relative.)
:rolleyes1

Nice to see you posting again.
Congratulations on your Master’s of Science in Speech Pathology :thumbsup2
I’m glad to hear you and N are doing well.
The EMM does look fun, we tried the DHS one at TSL and that was wonderful!

Yay!!! @MeghanEmily back for her triumphant return!! :) So glad to "see" you back. Also, wonderful to hear that you and Nathan have been safe and healthy during all the madness that is 2020. Congratulations on your graduation, Master Meghan!

I actually started two TRs while you've been away (I think!) If your DIS ambition remains in play, I hope you'll pop over to read! :)

Hi, Meghan! I decided to log on & lose myself in the Dis boards for my mental health today (I've also been binge watching Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings today). Too much anxiety, too much upheaval, too much everything & I can feel myself getting spiraling into panic. Anyway, I'm so glad there was a new post from you! I haven't commented on a trip report since your wedding, but following along your adventures always makes me smile. Glad you're well & congratulations on your master's degree!! Best wishes! :lovestruc

Welcome back! It's fun to log in and see updates from my favorite place!

Congrats on your master's degree!

Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!