"When I went it was all lights, and music, and Mickey doin' his magic." — Aug. '18 Disneyversary TR — Completed (Finally!!) August 20, 2021

I might be getting back that way next year in April. I just found out that DD will have a dance competition in Halifax.

Neat! I'll have to keep updated on this as it gets closer. I'm not sure where I'll end up by that time next year, since I'll be headed somewhere for another internship to finish out my degree, but if I'm still near the area I'll have to check in with your about your plans!

Literally read through your entire report this afternoon and LOVED it!

Wow, you're a trooper! :laughing: Welcome, Jenny! Thanks for joining in and for the kind words! By the end of this week I should be all done my current internship, so I'm hoping to pick up the [currently glacial] pace of this report soon.

Thanks, Doc and Pkondz! I'm missing spending more time on the DIS, but I'm making my way through. It'll be worth it...or at least that's what I keep telling myself!
You can tell yourself, because it's true. :)
The DAS acronym = Disability Access Service.
Thank you!
I keep meaning to write a post in one of my threads about what DAS is and what it's like touring at Disney with an "invisible" illness, and when and why I use it. But then I never get around to it. Maybe in my next TR I'll do it! And I guess I've touched on it a bit here and there. But basically, as you probably already know, you go and get a return time with it, and then you do your waiting elsewhere and come back at the correct time and go through the FP line. Since my symptoms can be pretty heat-sensitive, it's especially helpful on summer trips!
Ah! I knew about it (if not what the acronym stood for) but not really how it worked. :)
Like all Canadian conversations, of course.
::yes::
Sneaky is my middle name. ...it's not really. It's Emily. But you get the idea.
:faint: Now I understand the "Emily" part in your screen name!!
Oh my goodness that would be the dream. My absolute dream job is being part of the Fantasmic show! Sorcerer Mickey is my main squeeze.
Let's make this happen!

Hi Meghan I'm finally caught up on your report. You started this while I was on a break from the Dis. I've enjoyed reading about your anniversary trip. It sounds like you'll be celebrating your 2nd anniversary there next month. Fantasmic is Danielle's favorite show too. I think she could do the Mickey dance with you.

What dates are you looking at for December? We'll be there the 14th - 21st.

You can tell yourself, because it's true. :)

One more day...

F4QZIF2.gif

Not the most creative screen name, but appropriate. Occasionally my family would lovingly (or crossly!) use both names to call on me.

Hi Meghan I'm finally caught up on your report. You started this while I was on a break from the Dis. I've enjoyed reading about your anniversary trip. It sounds like you'll be celebrating your 2nd anniversary there next month. Fantasmic is Danielle's favorite show too. I think she could do the Mickey dance with you.

What dates are you looking at for December? We'll be there the 14th - 21st.

Thanks so much for reading! You're correct that we're going next month for our anniversary! I'm very excited to get away and have some Disney time :lovestruc I love that Danielle appreciates Fantasmic like I do! It's such a great show.

Looks like we may overlap in December. :-) Still finalizing things, but we'll should be there around Dec. 16/17 to 23/24.

Today was the last day of my internship.

XxNIWOT.gif

Now I've got a lot of life to catch up on, but I've got a month and a bit to do so...before our next WDW trip! Now I can finally finish catching up on your trip reports, (I'm up to date on most of them now, just a couple to finish reading,) and maybe even do some posting on my own!

Yay for making it through your internship! Doing some catch-up of my own and of course the update I miss is from my current beloved home here at WDW. I'm sad I haven't caught that special little character attack you ran into since I've been here but I'm loving the love for Robin Hood because he deserves it all. Also, I'm glad that Slinky Dog was just perfect for you. We love our precious dog with abs of steel. :goodvibes

Yay for making it through your internship! Doing some catch-up of my own and of course the update I miss is from my current beloved home here at WDW. I'm sad I haven't caught that special little character attack you ran into since I've been here but I'm loving the love for Robin Hood because he deserves it all. Also, I'm glad that Slinky Dog was just perfect for you. We love our precious dog with abs of steel. :goodvibes

Oh my goodness "abs of steel" :rotfl: I love that! I just noticed that you've started a report for your CP and I'm not following it yet, so I'll add it to my catch-up list and get over there soon!

Thanks, Tracy! It's been...quite a ride. :laughing: There have been lots of highlights, but it's also pretty stressful. I'll be glad in a week when I'm done and can start to process all the stuff I've been trying to learn rapid-fire over the last three months!
The processing after the fact can be both amazing and exhausting I'm sure!

Today was the last day of my internship
Congrats! You're one step closer :thumbsup2 I still have to pinch myself that my degree is complete (I was paranoid I was missing something - even though I walked across the stage at graduation! - until my diploma showed up in the mail last week :laughing:). My point is that you're gonna be on the other end of this sooner than you can imagine! And now you've just moved forward some more! :thumbsup2

The processing after the fact can be both amazing and exhausting I'm sure!

Congrats! You're one step closer :thumbsup2 I still have to pinch myself that my degree is complete (I was paranoid I was missing something - even though I walked across the stage at graduation! - until my diploma showed up in the mail last week :laughing:). My point is that you're gonna be on the other end of this sooner than you can imagine! And now you've just moved forward some more! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Tracy! As someone who's been there and made it out the other side, you give me hope! 😊 You must be so pleased to finally be done and have the diploma in your hands!!

It really was a very challenging experience. I had two different supervisors because I was split between two different locations, a couple days at each place each week. They both had very different styles and expectations. Sometimes it was hard to keep up! So I think that processing time to consolidate is exactly what I need. But in the end I learned a lot, and I met some really cute kids, so I'm glad for the experience...and also glad to be done now!

Ah! I knew about it (if not what the acronym stood for) but not really how it worked. :)
She already explained it a bit, but I have it because of my back.

Wow...you JUST now understand?

Not the most creative screen name, but appropriate. Occasionally my family would lovingly (or crossly!) use both names to call on me.
And you know when they use all 3 names, you're REALLY in trouble.

Today was the last day of my internship.

XxNIWOT.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::jumping1::jumping1:

Yep, knew that. But wasn't sure how it worked.
You have a card or something?

I am often (i.e. always) slow.
I have a VA (Veteran's Administration) card, so yes. Most time I don't need to show it since I'm usually renewing from previous trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter