"When I went it was all lights, and music, and Mickey doin' his magic." — Aug. '18 Disneyversary TR — Completed (Finally!!) August 20, 2021

Thanks for reviewing the Wave. We are going there for the first time soon, and I was wondering what the selection was like.

Yay for pixie dust!

We really enjoyed it! Definitely worth trying out, we thought. I hope you have a good meal there :)

Interesting! I've read mostly good reviews of The Wave now. It might be one to keep in mind.

We really enjoyed it :) We'd definitely go back if it was convenient.

Hmmm...how about when you are confronted unexpectedly in the middle of Hollywood Boulevard? :rotfl:
Well, I have first hand knowledge that you are perfectly delightful at a DISmeet. :)

Hahaha yes, your meet was the second instance of this during my trip!

Cool! I had wondered where those came from. I thought they were really nice, but hadn't noticed them in any of the shops. @pepperandchips Melinda, those ears were lovely.

She did a wonderful job! I'm very impressed by the creativity. And they were also super comfortable to wear all day, which is a big deal with ears.

I'm glad you had a great breakfast! The buffet at the Wave has always intrigued me so hopefully one day I can try it!

Yay for getting some me time at Senses! Sounds like your nail tech was awesome!

I am sure you are AWESOME to meet! I feel like we can all get a little awkward with strangers sometimes!

Yay for the CM gifting you extra FPs!

It really was a great way to get the day going, having breakfast at the wave! They took great care of us there. Nathan especially loved the buffet.

My appointment at Senses was super! And the nail tech was excellent. :)

I think it's a bit of a weird experience every time you meet someone in person, even if it's a good/fun one. So I'm glad it's not just me who feels a little like that. :)

Great start to your trip!

Thanks!

I'm not a purse person, but your Orange Bird bag is super cute!

It's adorable! I don't usually use my Dooneys regularly in daily life because I worry about ruining them, usually more just for special occasions or WDW, but I've been carrying this one every day because it's just so stinkin' cute! And also because I got such a good deal on it that I don't think I'd feel as guilty if something happened to it.

:worship:

Fabulous arch picture!

Thank you! Getting a good arch picture while in a moving vehicle is definitely a challenge :)

Your light meal at Artist Pointe was a great way to begin your trip. Your dessert sounds excellent!

It was a wonderful way to start things off! Despite my interest in meeting the Evil Queen and Grumpy at Artist Point now, I'll definitely miss this menu.

Traditional gift for first anniversaries is "paper"- so this was a totally appropriate commemoration of your first year as a married couple. Photo paper.

Oh, I hadn't even thought of that! You're so right!

Thanks for sharing all the pictures. I think I prefer the color version of the special shot- the green wall is very dramatic and your hair color is stunning in this shot.

So about how long was the photo shoot? An hour? More?

Thanks so much! It was wonderful, and I love the shots we got. Especially that one! And it was scheduled for an hour, but I think they allow a little time cushion in case anyone shows up late or has any other unexpected issues, and we got going early and made great time, so we ended up with probably more like 90+ minutes shooting in the park.

Well, now you have had exclusive photos at MK, EP and AK- next up: A galaxy far far away?

Nathan said this, too! Maybe someday if the prices don't keep rising so quickly. As much as I like DHS though, MK/EP/AK would have been my major wish list for photos, so I feel pretty satisfied with what we have now. :) I think maybe next time we want pictures we'll hire an outside photographer and do photos at a favourite resort instead!!

The description of your time at the spa was wonderful. What a great morning so far!

It was lovely!

I am so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your meal at Cape May. YAY to John the waiter (if THAT is your real name...). Special fast passes are an excellent bonus anniversary gift! Like I appreciate getting recognized with a free dessert for special occasions, but really, when you are at a buffet, is more food necessary???

It was so excellent! We were hoping it wasn't a fluke that we enjoyed it so much the first time, but it really held up the second time around. We're crossing our fingers that we may be able to stay at Beach Club this coming summer for at least a few nights, and if we do it'll be super convenient so we'll definitely be going back here again.

My carb-loving self was over the moon with your Wave breakfast platter. :cloud9: Even if the sweet potato pancakes had a weird consistency...

Oh my goodness, I'm such a fan of carbs! It was quite the spread! When on vacation, I guess!

I loved hearing about the conversations with the Cast Members at the spa and the GF; those little talks can really heighten a Disney day. Although, I do always dread when my husband starts hearing about all those appreciation perks CMs receive...too many more chats and I know where we'll end up 8 years from now.:rotfl2:

I really do find these little chats with cast members can add so much to your day! We had a couple more instances like that on this trip, in particular with an awesome character attendant at the Halloween party. It really makes it special. ....and I'm with Alex on this one! I'd totally take a job at Disney! :)

I truly feel like most of us DISers think we're terrible at actual DISmeets. ::yes:: It's easy to second guess yourself when you meet a friend face-to-face, but I'm sure the meet was great. And after seeing how much work you had to put in for those gorgeous AK shots, I'm sure she understands. :goodvibes

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this, at least to an extent! Meeting someone in person for the first time can be a little strange for anyone, I think, even if it's fun and exciting as well.

What a lovely food filled time you were having :) Those mouse ears are so cute!! I'm sure a perfectly lovely DIS-er to meet! Give yourself some credit :)

It was quite the time, especially in terms of yummy food!! And yes, the ears were fabulous! I have them packed away with my Disney things for the next trip they can make an appEARance. :)

Yum, I loved our breakfast there last year and it looked like you had great luck with your own allergy-free buffet of treats. :)

They really treated us well! Especially me, with allergy treats! I'd definitely go back sometime.

So cute! I love it! I've never been to senses spa, only on the cruises but it looks just as nice if not nicer at the GF!

It was so nice! We went back for our massage later on the trip, and N enjoyed it quite a bit as well! We finished and he was like, "can't we just go for another hour?" :laughing: The facilities were nice and relaxing, too.

Um, I really beg to differ. :rotfl:
Ok I didn't even notice your hands, haha. And you're not laughably bad at DISmeets, I don't know what you're talking about. It's not even something you can be bad at!! :rotfl:
P.S. You were great. :)

Haha I was thinking of you and our DISmeet, too! :rotfl: It was great to meet you, but I definitely felt like I wasn't on my game with how busy we'd been traversing the park with a big family group to keep track of, etc. But I figured you'd understand that better than anyone with how large a group you had to herd on that trip!

Love this picture of both of you and your matching PepperandChips ears!

So do I! The matching ears were super photogenic! :)

At the end of the meal he even told us that he'd wanted to bring us champagne or a free dessert for our anniversary celebration, but he knew I couldn't have them with my dietary restrictions, so he worked with the concierge instead to gift us with 3 multiple experience FPs instead! :love: There's nothing quite like starting your trip off with a little CM pixie dust. pixiedust:
How sweet and thoughtful!

And I get you about Dismeets! Though usually I'm at an advantage because many of mine happen at Disneyland, where I have no agenda other than hanging out with those people!

I've been waiting to reply to my one moment of fame appearing in your TR until I could properly multi-quote on my computer :flower3: But first OMG THAT BREAKFAST at the wave! One of my favorites and it's been a long time since we've been. There's never enough opportunity for Disney breakfast! When we were at Epcot last weekend I was looking at the ceiling in the Wonders of Life Pavilion fantasizing about them installing a "Best of the Fest" permanent festival restaurant in there or our dream "Best of the Breakfast Buffet Bistro" where one can have all of her favorite breakfast delicacies in one place! Instead a CM was taking photos of water leaks... :rolleyes1 guess our fantasy restaurants are a bit far off.

Okay, so here's where I need to take a sidebar. I am good at a lot of things in life. Having normal, appropriate social interactions isn't typically one of those things. Maybe that's why I enjoy telling you all my Disney stories from the comfort of my own living room. :confused3 But suffice it to say that I'm laughably bad at Dismeets. I like you guys! Really, I do! But when confronted with you in the actual real world, it becomes a WHAT-DO-I-DO-WITH-MY-HANDS? kind of situation.
That was only my second ever Dis Meet after having met DisYoda and Ashley (Vernie822) last year. I don't know about you, but for me it's still such high pressure, like meeting a long-distance pen pal. I feel like I really know people after reading a few of their trip reports but then I get so nervous, thinking, "What will we talk about? What if she doesn't recognize me? WHAT DO I DO WITH MY HANDS?!" #anxietyprobs

Melinda, bless her, made a detour in her daily plan to meet with us at Basin in Disney Springs. I was bent on buying an almond hand scrub, so I had wanted to go there anyway. Melinda showed up, looking absolutely lovely in her handmade ears and Minnie-esque polka dot dress. We chatted for a bit, and she ever-so-kindly gave N and I the most adorable and thoughtful Yeti-themed anniversary card
You forgot to mention the part where it was really a birthday card but they didn't have any nice (youthful?) anniversary options so I had to resort to picking the best birthday card they had and doctoring it up :rotfl:

GUYS IT SAID "GET YETI TO PARTY"

... ugh I'm a dork.

(Did I have anything for her? No. Of course not. What can I say? I told you I was terrible at Dismeets!!)
See above regarding anxiety thoughts... "What if she thinks I'm weird for bringing her these ears? WHAT IF THEY ARE THE WRONG COLOR BLUE LIKE HER WEDDING PHOTOS" :laughing:

Now naturally, like the socially awkward and incredibly sleepy humans that we were, N and I ditched Melinda all too soon to finish our shopping/errands. After we left Basin, I realized how lousy at this whole social conventions thing I am, especially after having Melinda go out of her way for us. I mean, like, the least I could do would be offer to get a bite, or continue to shop elsewhere, etc. I whined to N for a while about how nobody should ever Dis-meet me, and how it only ever ends in heartbreak, etc. He laughed, and assured me that I'm perfectly meet-able. But seriously, guys, a word of warning: getting me for a Dismeet is like ending up with the kid chosen last on your sports team! :rotfl: (@pepperandchips I promise to continue this meet in May! And I'll do my best to be less sleepy and more sociable!)
I'm only offended that we both left the meet to go get desserts and I didn't have the good sense to go get desserts with you guys! Seriously, it was wonderful meeting you and you weren't weird and I am delighted we got to chat for a bit. Also N is fabulous and so friendly and sweet, and I appreciate both of you taking time out of your anniversary trip to meet up. and I think we ALL needed a nap!

We also stopped in to the pin store, and I got two new mystery bags to open.
:woohoo:

And for our wedding, one of the flavour combos we chose was a little unorthodox: brownie cupcakes with cinnamon frosting. It was delish. I decided to call and place a special order for half a dozen cupcakes in the same flavour for our anniversary, and so we stopped in to pick them up. Mmmmm....cupcakes.... :goodvibes
That sounds perfectly amazing! Meanwhile, in another corner of Disney Springs, Melinda was spending $50 at Amorette's... :rotfl:
At the end of the meal he even told us that he'd wanted to bring us champagne or a free dessert for our anniversary celebration, but he knew I couldn't have them with my dietary restrictions, so he worked with the concierge instead to gift us with 3 multiple experience FPs instead!
That is SO thoughtful. I can't wait to read about what you "spent" them on!

Cool! I had wondered where those came from. I thought they were really nice, but hadn't noticed them in any of the shops. @pepperandchips Melinda, those ears were lovely.
Thank you! They have a good model there on Meghan! :thumbsup2
The floral ears are such a thoughtful gift. WTG @pepperandchips
Thank you, Dee!
And after seeing how much work you had to put in for those gorgeous AK shots, I'm sure she understands. :goodvibes
She totally does! :blush:

Meghan and Nathan were all stars for hanging in as long as they did. and it was HOT at Disney Springs that afternoon!

It very well may have been. I don't remember it feeling quite that boat-like. But my step-father also has a Versa, and it feels a lot more tin-can-like...so I'll go with your Altima suggestion. It was a car, and it was kinda blueish-grayish. :confused3 :laughing:

Oh, yes. I've driven one of those blueish-grayish cars before too.

I have to agree. I'm actually quite looking forward to the chance to meet Snow and her dwarf friends, and I'm definitely going to give it a chance. But I wish they'd kept AP as it is. Or maybe that they'd just introduce a character meal for breakfast, and keep the dinner menu and atmosphere the same. It really was kind of a hidden gem. (I guess maybe the "hidden" part was the part Disney had a problem with?)

Hidden may have been the problem. You're probably right.

So...anyone else here never seen an armadillo in the wild?

I have! At ASMU. Took me by surprise. :)

Our alarms went off early this morning. I don't have the exact time written in my notes, but I'm guessing that it was shortly before 5am, since we left the resort around 6:10am.

Disney mornings are worth getting up for.

we were going to have our anniversary photos taken!

Nice!

Side note: just after I booked this, they hiked the prices way up AGAIN for pre-park photo sessions.

:sad2:

Disney... they do like their price hikes.

If you're not familiar, Franck's Bridal Studio is beside Disney's Wedding Pavilion, and the Grand Floridian, and it's where they do the planning for Disney weddings

I didn't remember the name, but I do remember you telling us about this.

We had a great morning with him!

Great!!

The van pulled to a stop, and we got out, only to realize we were parked right beside where the Kilimanjaro Safaris queue entrance is. I felt like a VIP!

Oooh... you so fancy!

VySz0Hp.jpg

Wowza.

Just as Ali was getting us set up at our next location...we noticed something waddling along the path beside us...and it was an armadillo! I was so surprised and excited! I know there are certainly more exotic animals to see in Animal Kingdom, but I'd never seen a free-roaming armadillo before!

It's not planned. That makes it all the more special. :)

I think he was late for his shift because he didn't stop to chat

:laughing:

Love this one. Love a lot of them, actually.

One of Ali's best qualities as a photographer, I believe, is the way he gets creative with light/shadow. I always appreciate when a photographer really cares about using lighting to make subjects look their best (and I didn't like the lighting in some of our wedding pictures, though that couldn't always be helped since we had an outdoor ceremony in sunny Florida...but alas...). Ali went above and beyond, making sure that, not only were we never poorly lit, but that he also used light and his understanding of camera settings to create some unique and beautiful effects.

Dang. I wish I had that talent. I'm totally envious.

I was desperate for a shot like this, and Ali truly delivered! (He even made sure to time our session properly so that the sun would be hitting just the right spot.)

tVGMlgi.jpg

Wow. Gorgeous!

This is stunning.

Ali also quickly learned that N and I are terrible at posing. We're seriously the world's worst models. And we're pretty awkward about it.

he realized that we needed a little more structure. After a while he started being a little more direct and recognizing that we needed some help posing properly. (Probably because every time he asked us to do those things above, we didn't look carefree and cool...we just looked stupid. :laughing:)

:rotfl:

Like the concept. :)

This one is great! Wonderful idea!

Wow. I see what you mean about the lighting. So nice.

And for the record...this, below, is the kinda dumb stuff N and I do when somebody asks us to just "do whatever we do together." No wonder Ali started giving us more direction in our posing!

XXzOHU9.jpg

:lmao:
Yeah... you guys need direction all right.

Tough shot. Well done!

Oh, and because I still can't decide whether I like it better in B&W or colour, here's the other version of the new and exciting photo Ali took:

dRoqGJr.jpg

Man.... that's a tough call.... I love the colours....

Nope. I won't even try to pick.

You really did well with the photos. I am very, very impressed.

It was such a beautiful morning! I don't remember taking this photo...but apparently I did...

Nah. Some sneaky CM took it when you weren't looking.

we hopped back in the Nissan and made the incredibly long drive over to park at the Contemporary.

Hours and hours and hours of driving!

And now the rest of this update might as well just be food pictures, because apparently they comprise almost the entirety of my photos from this day.

:laughing: Eat allllll the food.

(Cut me some slack, it was only the first day of vacation! I wasn't in the TR-planning groove yet.)

Slack cut.

He really liked the "fancy yogurts," as we called them

and the deviled eggs.

mmmm... love deviled eggs.

Thank goodness I was, because soon enough the allergy-friendly carb train arrived...

whoa!

<toot! toot!>

Mickey waffles, donuts, and an allergy-friendly version of the sweet potato pancakes on the buffet. Holy smokes! I'd never seen so many carbs intended for one person in my life!

carb overload!
Well... you're certainly gonna be ready for a marathon after that.
Which... is pretty much what Disney is.

Fortunately, I also had the one fried egg for some protein to balance all those carbs, so no harm done! :rolleyes1

Bravo. Well done.

(Side note: I'd heard good things about the gluten free sweet potato pancakes on an allergy blog and knew to request them, but when I did the chef warned me that they were a bit wet and gummy inside with the combo of the sweet potato and the gluten free flour. He said he would still make them if I wanted, and they'd be fully cooked, but not have the texture of the regular pancakes. I accepted the risk...and he ended up being right. The flavour was good. The texture was kinda lousy. Like if you shaped bread pudding into a disk and fried it for a second. Lesson learned.)

Huh. Not that I'd ever order one, but.... just... huh.

I told you that all I took was food pictures! :laughing:

Yes you did!

We said goodbye to The Wave

Did you wave goodbye?

I mean, we paid our bill first. Then we said goodbye...

Darn. I was wondering what would happen next.
Tackled by Disney security, no doubt.

I would be getting a pedicure at the Senses Spa at the GF to properly prepare my feet for Disney life.

Nice!

I had been planning on beginning my pin trading journey on this trip—a hobby which has now quickly taken on a life of its own!

Uh, oh. A monster has been born.

She looked at me with a twinkle in her eye and, comparing herself and Stitch, said, "...because Ohana is the most important thing to us...and also our badness levels are extremely high!" :goodvibes

:laughing: Awww...

Senses was AN EXPERIENCE! I was only getting a pedicure, but after it was over I left feeling excited to come back later in the trip for the couple's massage I'd booked!

Ooohh... looking forward to hearing how you guys liked that.

and a very important person to meet.

Nope. I wasn't there.

Of course, when we got to the Lime parking garage, it said there were no spaces left on the second level. "Let's just see about that!" said N. And of course, when we got to the second level there were lots of empty spaces. "Lime Garage, you are the root of my trust issues!" I cried out.

Our first order of business was actually a Dismeet I'd been looking forward to. I was going to get the chance to meet Melinda, or @pepperandchips here on the DIS. She was at Disney on a short trip, and was willing to take time out of her day to pop over to Disney Springs to meet little old me!

Nice! Gotta love DISmeets. Still regret that we couldn't meet up when I visited your neck of the woods.

I like you guys! Really, I do! But when confronted with you in the actual real world, it becomes a WHAT-DO-I-DO-WITH-MY-HANDS? kind of situation.

Okay. Allow me to help you out here.
1. When we meet, they go around in a hug. (Unless you don't feel comfortable with hugs (not everyone does) then a handshake works too.)
2. During photos, they go around the waist.
3. At all other times, it doesn't matter.

We chatted for a bit, and she ever-so-kindly gave N and I the most adorable and thoughtful Yeti-themed anniversary card

Very thoughtful of her. :)

She also had a gift for me. (Did I have anything for her? No. Of course not. What can I say? I told you I was terrible at Dismeets!!)

Gifts are not required. The present is your presence.

She had made me a gorgeous set of floral ears, specifically choosing flowers in our wedding colours, blue and white. This lady is something else!!

Wow! That is really thoughtful! Impressive.

I mean, like, the least I could do would be offer to get a bite, or continue to shop elsewhere, etc. I whined to N for a while about how nobody should ever Dis-meet me, and how it only ever ends in heartbreak, etc.

:laughing: It's okay. I have had meets that have lasted several hours... or just a couple minutes. They're all great.

browsing the Dooney and Bourke selection and the soy candles at the Marketplace Co-op. (Spoiler alert: we wouldn't make it through the trip without making both purchases.)

uh oh!

Erin McKenna's is a gluten free vegan bakery.

I did know this. ::yes::

At this point, the anticipation was getting to me, so I decided it was time to open my mystery bags.

1bOeUbP.jpg

They didn't disappoint.

Someone is only a little excited here. :laughing:

I feel like it was something short, like John?

Bo? Mo? Joe?

At the end of the meal he even told us that he'd wanted to bring us champagne or a free dessert for our anniversary celebration, but he knew I couldn't have them with my dietary restrictions, so he worked with the concierge instead to gift us with 3 multiple experience FPs instead! :love: There's nothing quite like starting your trip off with a little CM pixie dust. pixiedust:

Nice! I'd take that over a dessert any day!

You'll note the paella x2. This stuff is so addictive! I love seafood, and I love carbs. Give me a gluten-free, low-ish-dairy seafood paella, and I'll love you forever.

:laughing: I'll have to remember that.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Wave! I think it's the 2nd best breakfast buffet we've done there (behind Boma), and the "fancy yogurts" were my favorite part.

But suffice it to say that I'm laughably bad at Dismeets. I like you guys! Really, I do!
Hey, you were absolutely fine when we met :thumbsup2 Seriously, you were so sweet and adorable and I don't remember you doing anything weird with your hands :laughing: I know my hair was out of control lol. But I know what you mean, I still always feel pressure to be cool and interesting even though I've had quite a few DISMeets at this point. They always end up going well though! Can't wait to see you and N again!

I think he was from Long Island? I feel like it was something short, like John? Not sure. But he said that he used to work at Be Our Guest, and was being transferred back there soon along with the implementation of the new prix fixe menu.
Ooh, I think we had "John" on our last CMC visit! He was great! And that's awesome you got FP's, I'm a huge fan of pixie dust now myself lol

I got a few updates behind.......

Travel days are always everyone's favourites to read about (and write about,) amirite??

If only we were all wizards or witches and could just write "I apparated" and then move on to the good stuff.

He typically does most of the driving on our trips anyway.

Same with my DH, he always drives. Mainly because he says I drive like a little old grandma and it drives him nuts. :rotfl:

You can imagine my surprise and relief when we got there, and I was able to pick myself up this beauty:

Nice! Glad it was still available. I have four or five Dooneys myself.

Ali would be our photographer for the morning from Disney's Fine Art Photography (DFAP),

Beautiful pictures! I couldn't even pick a favorite, they were all stunning.

.we noticed something waddling along the path beside us...and it was an armadillo!

Very cool! I've only seen them dead on the side of the road here in GA. :sad2:

Oh, and because I still can't decide whether I like it better in B&W or colour, here's the other version of the new and exciting photo Ali took:

I was going to ask to see the color version. Both are beautiful, I understand why you can't pick a favorite.

For the first time ever, we were having breakfast at The Wave!

We had this booked for next week but then ended up getting five free tickets to MNSSHP the night before (long story). We cancelled the breakfast the next day so we can sleep in after the party.

I told you that all I took was food pictures!

Absolutely nothing wrong with that!!

a hobby which has now quickly taken on a life of its own!

Totally understand that! I have a bag of about 100 traders to take next week and I was worrying a few days ago that it might not be enough. :rotfl2:

Lime Garage, you are the root of my trust issues!"

:lmao:

Did I have anything for her? No. Of course not. What can I say? I told you I was terrible at Dismeets!!)

This is totally me! I am an extreme introvert and DIS meets stress me to no end. I'm coming in May and it took me weeks to make that decision because I am just so awkward at the meets. But I think you are coming in May also so we can be awkward together!

They didn't disappoint.

OK, now that was quite the tease! I want to know which pins you got. ::yes::

I would be getting a pedicure at the Senses Spa at the GF to properly prepare my feet for Disney life.

It's what's done.

Anyway, she had pins to trade. I had been planning on beginning my pin trading journey on this trip—a hobby which has now quickly taken on a life of its own! Oof!

A big reason why I haven't started. This.

She looked at me with a twinkle in her eye and, comparing herself and Stitch, said, "...because Ohana is the most important thing to us...and also our badness levels are extremely high!" :goodvibes

That is fantastic!! Love this!

Our first order of business was actually a Dismeet I'd been looking forward to. I was going to get the chance to meet Melinda, or @pepperandchips here on the DIS. She was at Disney on a short trip, and was willing to take time out of her day to pop over to Disney Springs to meet little old me!

Yay for DISMeets!!! I"m super excited to meet you too, BTW!

She had made me a gorgeous set of floral ears, specifically choosing flowers in our wedding colours, blue and white. This lady is something else!! She downplayed the gesture, of course, but these ears are a thing of beauty, and I wore them often for the rest of the trip. :lovestruc We continued to chat, and perused Basin a bit, on a hunt for my hand scrub. Fortunately, we also enlisted N's help to get a photo, because...you know...trip reports.

OIh9hoI.jpg

Amazing!! Just perfect!

but he knew I couldn't have them with my dietary restrictions, so he worked with the concierge instead to gift us

WHA....?! How awesome is THAT?! Nice pixie dust right there.

How fun to do your first pin trade at GF!

The spa treatment sounds lovely, our feet do take a beating at the World

We really like the Wave breakfast buffet, we have been twice. I wish you could try the regular sweet potato pancakes, so delicious! Sorry yours were gummy.

Ahh your Dis meet with Melinda looks wonderful. You are so sweet, I was probably the awkward one when we met!

So fun to shop around DS

We are going to try Cape May on our next trip, I am excited for it, we did it a couple times about 4 years ago, when Andi loved to eat everything now she is super picky! My sister and I voted on this one!

Wow, you all had quite the day!!! Glad to hear you enjoyed the Wave. We got back in August too and it did not disappoint. I agree there is better breakfasts elsewhere, but I like the small and calmness of The Wave.

So happy you and Melinda got to meet. I sadly missed you both. But hopefully in May all of the disney stars can align for us again.

Glad to hear Cape May was a great experience too. I love seafood, but after staying at Beach Club and getting the "privilege" to smell Cape May from our room every night I think we are good for a while :P

We've never been to the Wave. Maybe I can convince my family to try it next January! Looks pretty good and my mom loves anything with sweet potatoes.

As far as the DIS meet anxiety - at least you have done them! I have to admit that I have seen people I recognize from the DIS while on trips and then I chicken out and don't say anything! So, you're a step ahead of me! I think it's an introvert thing... we're much better at communicating in writing! :laughing:

She had made me a gorgeous set of floral ears, specifically choosing flowers in our wedding colours, blue and white. This lady is something else!! She downplayed the gesture, of course, but these ears are a thing of beauty, and I wore them often for the rest of the trip.

I had the absolute pleasure of meeting @pepperandchips last week. She is a very kind and thoughtful person!!!! I couldn't agree with you more.

Joining in. Your food at Artist Point looks good. I have that booked for our next trip but it's the character meal. Dopey is Momma's favourite but not sure we'll end up going because it's super expensive and we've no dining plan :sad2:

Your AK are all fabulous!

The spa and cupcakes!! Sounds like a great first day. I had to laugh about the badness level comment, I just told my daughter the other day that my badness level was quite high.

I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date. No time to say: "Hello, Goodbye". I'm late, I'm late, I'm late! Better late than never they say!

If you haven't already noticed—you totally have!—I also have a tendency to ramble-write in a near-Gilmore-Girls fashion,

Love Gilmore Girls so that's OK or okay!

We both got showered and dressed in our best "dressy casual" attire.

Smart casual is always a good choice!

and it was an armadillo! I was so surprised and excited! I know there are certainly more exotic animals to see in Animal Kingdom, but I'd never seen a free-roaming armadillo before! We don't have them up north!

I agree armadillos are very cute. We don't have armadillos over here but we do have an Auditorium in my home town affectionately known as the ‘Armadillo’ due to its overlapping, shell-like structure.

Doing a pre-park opening photo session was a huge expense, even compared to some of the other big splurges we made for our anniversary trip. I wasn't sure whether I could justify the cost, or whether I'd regret it.

Justify it on the grounds that it was early morning and you wouldn't be a hot, sweaty mess like the rest of the day. Speaking from personal experience here of only having visited Disney during the hot summer months.

When I returned to find N, he had nodded off in the GF lobby. I interrupted his nap, and we hit the road again...

Nathan's just like Alan then. He uses every opportunity to have a nap. He calls them power naps!

But suffice it to say that I'm laughably bad at Dismeets. I like you guys! Really, I do! But when confronted with you in the actual real world, it becomes a WHAT-DO-I-DO-WITH-MY-HANDS? kind of situation. And this isn't even the only time you'll get to hear about this happening on this very trip!

You made me chortle and think of the song. "The problem I face every day is what do I do with my arms?" Now you've thought about it you've no chance! Maybe a hand held fan to fan yourself nonchalantly!

Love Love Love Love LOVE your anniversary photos! Oh my gosh -- those are amazing! :love:
And your new Mickey ears from pepperandchips are SO cute! What a thoughtful gift!

How have I managed to miss this!? :sad2: Anywho, here now and looking forward to following along on another adventure :thumbsup2

Hi, friends! I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I haven't abandoned my TRs! I've been joyfully reading your comments, and anxiously awaiting the day when I have time to return with more updates.

The good news is that exams are almost upon me, and so soon enough I'll have a beautifully long December break and will be back here to share more stories with you.

The even better news is that....N and I decided last week to book a spur-of-the-moment trip to WDW for New Year's!

BrXDwu7.gif

I have been working hard in school, and N has been quite literally working around the clock at two jobs to keep everything running smoothly while I do so. We've been budgeting well, and N had a few more large sales at his last few holiday events than we were anticipating, so we decided that we can manage a modest WDW trip to reward ourselves...in less than a month! :hyper: We will be flying out on New Year's Eve, battling the holiday crowds for 4.5 glorious days, trying some new things, and revisiting some old favourites.

My grandmother has gifted us a few nights at her timeshare, and our APs don't expire until mid-January, so all we have to worry about will be our flights, car, and food...lots and lots of food.

Fkdqe2l.gif

I have admitted defeat and decided that I don't have time to write a PTR or a TR for this short trip, but I might share a few photos and highlights on one of these threads when we get back. (I know, you're all shocked by this, with how well I've been managing my current TRs! :laughing:)

And now, if all goes well on the studying front, I'll be back soon with a return to your regularly-scheduled programming!

lnMe2dI.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter