"When I went it was all lights, and music, and Mickey doin' his magic." — Aug. '18 Disneyversary TR — Completed (Finally!!) August 20, 2021

You got some beautiful pictures at AK. What an awesome way to start your trip. The Orange Bird Dooney was a great find. It's hard to beat 50% off.:yay:

Following along! Those are some awesome pictures. Nothing beats Disney stuff on sale. That is usually one of our first stops when we get there.

Welcome, friends! We're going to have so much fun!!

LobBdHA.gif
Oh, all the feels for Christopher Robin!

This would be exciting enough on its own...but what made it a million times better was that the pictures would be taken in my favourite park, Animal Kingdom!
Woohoo! It’s my dream that if I were to ever have a wedding, it would be at AK!

I was desperate for a shot like this, and Ali truly delivered! (He even made sure to time our session properly so that the sun would be hitting just the right spot.)

tVGMlgi.jpg
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!

WOW those pics are STUNNING!
Normally a lurker but really enjoy your TRs, you write in such an engaging way. So, hello from Perth Australia and looking forward to following along!

But if you remember why we were up so early for our wedding, then you're already on the right track as to guessing why we were getting up so early now...
:banana: Squeeeeeeeeee

So excited about this post and that you shared all these gorgeous photos!
While we were in the car, I got a call on my cell phone from Ali, confirming that he would be meeting us. Ali would be our photographer for the morning from Disney's Fine Art Photography (DFAP
Even more squeeeeee-ing! That's who I'd want too. I'm so glad you got him, these came out amazing!

I'd mentioned when I filled out my forms for DFAP—that one of my priorities for backdrops was the prayer flags in Asia. We went there first.
My jealousy meter is currently registering "infinite". The prayer flags/maharajah jungle trek/belvedere palace ruins is my absolute favorite. All of the photos came out gorgeous but these are just sublime!

I'd never seen a free-roaming armadillo before!
:rotfl2:

He continued on his way—I think he was late for his shift because he didn't stop to chat

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

He didn't want it notated in his permanent record, he's dangerously close to getting kicked out of the college program.

As has been mentioned, aside from seeing a number of sadly flattened armadillos, the only armadilli (shouldn't it be armadilli? I mean that just sounds more fun that armadillos) I've seen have been making their way along a roadside, all businesslike scuttling. Maybe they're just officious little dudes and dudettes?

After a while he started being a little more direct and recognizing that we needed some help posing properly.
I could have used some of this in my own wedding and engagement photos. Our resort session photographer was much more direct, like Ali. It definitely helped!

This was it: (I struggled with whether to include it in B&W or colour, because both were stunning...)
Oh jackpot! Gorgeous. Glad you ultimately posted both as you know I was going to ask... :D:D

5LqQOCT.jpg

suFq5EQ.jpg

We saw one of the open-air gift shop things, and Ali was like, "Oh, take some hats!" I was like ummm, can we even do that!? But he was the Disney-employed photographer, so I took his word for it.
I can't get the photos to quote separate from the text but I wanted to say:
1.) you guys got a photo shoot in the CM backstage insta-worthy most beautiful wall on an official DFAP camera! I can't believe they wouldn't let photopass take it on her camera, haha. They came out adorable.
2.) THE HAT PHOTOS! Swoon!!! From here on (maybe due to the gorgeous sunrise?) your photos look like Disney promotional materials. Like I expect these to feature on the next disney planning DVD (please bring them back, Disney!!!) I am so glad Ali told you guys to throw caution to the wind and "borrow" the hats as those shots are just too cute!

As it turns out, I'm terrible at simultaneously jumping, being caught, fanning my bent legs, and kissing
Turns out you mastered it! Update your CV post-haste!

(In soothing voiceover): "At the Walt Disney World Resort, there are so many places to celebrate romance!"

...and here are a few more because I'm vain! (And because Ali did such a beautiful job that I think he deserves for more of his work to be seen!)
Thank you so much for sharing. These brightened up my morning Dis and coffee catch up :coffee: Of course now they make me want to schedule a park shoot... Truly lovely. Money well spent (especially since it wasn't mine, :laughing:)

Fantastic pictures! It must have been an incredible experience. I really like Animal Kingdom too, and I think if I ever did something like this, it would be the best park to chose for it.

I made it!
Still good. Yeah. Still good.
tenor.gif

So...anyone else here never seen an armadillo in the wild? Because I never had! I mean...I guess I still haven't, if you don't count a Disney park as being "the wild." Anyway! Moving on!
When I was 10, we went down to New Orleans to see my mom's cousin and his family. And my mom's cousin was like, oh we've got armadillos all over here. So when we were driving down the highway one day, he made my parents pull over, jumped out of the car, and ran in and out of the brush until he caught the armadillo he had seen, and brought it back to the car for us to see.

:rotfl: Not sure if that's the kind of story you're looking for :rotfl:

Side note: just after I booked this, they hiked the prices way up AGAIN for pre-park photo sessions. I'm so glad I booked it when I did. I could get into a huge rant about Disney weddings, and how the costs keep skyrocketing because they know people will continue to pay...but I'll save that for another time. :headache:
:headache::headache::headache::headache::headache:
(Probably because every time he asked us to do those things above, we didn't look carefree and cool...we just looked stupid. :laughing:)
Yup, this is us :)
Oh, and because I still can't decide whether I like it better in B&W or colour, here's the other version of the new and exciting photo Ali took:
I'm so glad because I want to see them ALL!

Your photos came out gorgeous as usual! I love it.

Omg these photos are so beautiful and stunning! It sounds like Ali was wonderful to work with!

I am sure it was expensive but these photos are priceless!!

So...anyone else here never seen an armadillo in the wild? Because I never had! I mean...I guess I still haven't, if you don't count a Disney park as being "the wild." Anyway! Moving on!
Ha! In the wild Disney!And to answer your question. No, I have never seen one.

He continued on his way—I think he was late for his shift because he didn't stop to chat—and we went back to posing.
Ha!

This is def my favorite one!!! Love it.

And for the record...this, below, is the kinda dumb stuff N and I do when somebody asks us to just "do whatever we do together." No wonder Ali started giving us more direction in our posing!

XXzOHU9.jpg
Ha! I do love it, goofy-ness and all.

Oh, and because I still can't decide whether I like it better in B&W or colour, here's the other version of the new and exciting photo Ali took:

dRoqGJr.jpg
I vote for color. They are both fantastic, but I love the green wall.

And the blue doors are fantastic. Especially with the pink hair!

I'm just going to repeat what everyone else has already said...every one of those photos is gorgeous! So many amazing shots, and I love that they were taken in Animal Kingdom. You guys got to take photos in so many beautiful spots.

(Probably because every time he asked us to do those things above, we didn't look carefree and cool...we just looked stupid. :laughing:)
We had THE SAME experience doing our vow renewal pictures!!!! The outtakes are incredible...we look like two awkward strangers in several of them LOL

Thanks for sharing these again here--they are all amazing, and I feel like I know you better just from looking at them. Totally adorable!

Oh, I really love the color version of that "new and exciting" one!

Thanks! The more I look at it, the more I do, too. I think I might prefer the colour one slightly.

Beautiful pictures!

Thank you!!

OH my goodness!! The pictures are beautiful! There's way too many to choose from as far as a favorite goes.

BTW - we see armadillos here all the time - Sadly more often as roadkill than not.

Thanks so much!! I'm so pleased with what Ali managed to get.

My dream is to live somewhere where I'll see armadillos because it means I'll be living somewhere without Canadian winters! :) There are definitely cons to that, though. Like...you know...snakes. And giant bugs. Etc.

You got some beautiful pictures at AK. What an awesome way to start your trip. The Orange Bird Dooney was a great find. It's hard to beat 50% off.:yay:

Thanks so much!! And yes, it really was a great steal!

Following along! Those are some awesome pictures. Nothing beats Disney stuff on sale. That is usually one of our first stops when we get there.

Thank you!! And I couldn't agree more! I love a good Disney deal.

Oh, all the feels for Christopher Robin!

:goodvibes:lovestruc:lovestruc Much love.

Eeyore is my homeboy, and this movie was really a shining moment for him. The whole film was just so precious...

Woohoo! It’s my dream that if I were to ever have a wedding, it would be at AK!

That would be incredible!!

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!

Thank you so much!!

WOW those pics are STUNNING!
Normally a lurker but really enjoy your TRs, you write in such an engaging way. So, hello from Perth Australia and looking forward to following along!

Thanks so much!! I'm so pleased with Ali's work! And wow, thanks so much for your kind comment! :wave:Hello from Nova Scotia, Canada!

Meghan, the pictures are so amazing, this is a wonderful keepsake and treasure for you both!

I love the candid ones, you both look quite natural.

AK is such a beautiful park for pictures!

Wow, what a fun photoshoot! And Ali really did wonders with you guys. DAK is so beautiful empty and at that time of day, but he really knew how to get the best shots of you. I think my favorite is the two of you walking by the Tree of Life and smiling at each other. So cute. I'd say you definitely had money well spent on that.

:banana: Squeeeeeeeeee

So excited about this post and that you shared all these gorgeous photos!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

Even more squeeeeee-ing! That's who I'd want too. I'm so glad you got him, these came out amazing!

He was so excellent!! I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. I really liked Amanda's ability to build rapport and put us at ease, but I loved Ali's style.

My jealousy meter is currently registering "infinite". The prayer flags/maharajah jungle trek/belvedere palace ruins is my absolute favorite. All of the photos came out gorgeous but these are just sublime!

:lovestruc I LOVE this area! I'm so glad we got some nice shots there. The theming at AK is just so remarkable, so it's perfect for photos. The only area that's off-limits for pictures right now is Pandora, and apparently some people are disappointed by that, but I don't think it would even make my list if it had been an option because I love so many other parts of AK.

He didn't want it notated in his permanent record, he's dangerously close to getting kicked out of the college program.

:rotfl:

As has been mentioned, aside from seeing a number of sadly flattened armadillos, the only armadilli (shouldn't it be armadilli? I mean that just sounds more fun that armadillos) I've seen have been making their way along a roadside, all businesslike scuttling. Maybe they're just officious little dudes and dudettes?

Aww!

Oh jackpot! Gorgeous. Glad you ultimately posted both as you know I was going to ask... :D:D

Of course I posted it! Because who wouldn't want to see multiple versions of the same photo of us!? Who wouldn't want to see a billion other photos from that same session, for that matter!? :laughing:

1.) you guys got a photo shoot in the CM backstage insta-worthy most beautiful wall on an official DFAP camera! I can't believe they wouldn't let photopass take it on her camera, haha. They came out adorable.

I totally thought of you when I was posting this!!

2.) THE HAT PHOTOS! Swoon!!! From here on (maybe due to the gorgeous sunrise?) your photos look like Disney promotional materials. Like I expect these to feature on the next disney planning DVD (please bring them back, Disney!!!) I am so glad Ali told you guys to throw caution to the wind and "borrow" the hats as those shots are just too cute!

They came out so fun and cute!! Sadly, we didn't get to keep the hats.

I'm such a fan of the planning DVDs!! Almost as much as Must Do Disney. :lovestruc

Thank you so much for sharing. These brightened up my morning Dis and coffee catch up :coffee: Of course now they make me want to schedule a park shoot... Truly lovely. Money well spent (especially since it wasn't mine, :laughing:

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

Fantastic pictures! It must have been an incredible experience. I really like Animal Kingdom too, and I think if I ever did something like this, it would be the best park to chose for it.

Thanks so much! I agree that AK really makes a pretty great backdrop for photos.

When I was 10, we went down to New Orleans to see my mom's cousin and his family. And my mom's cousin was like, oh we've got armadillos all over here. So when we were driving down the highway one day, he made my parents pull over, jumped out of the car, and ran in and out of the brush until he caught the armadillo he had seen, and brought it back to the car for us to see.

:rotfl: Not sure if that's the kind of story you're looking for :rotfl:

Oh my goodness!! I love this story! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Yup, this is us :)

I'm so glad we're not the only ones like this!

I'm so glad because I want to see them ALL!

Your photos came out gorgeous as usual! I love it.

:hug: Thank you, friend!

Omg these photos are so beautiful and stunning! It sounds like Ali was wonderful to work with!

I am sure it was expensive but these photos are priceless!!

Thank you!! It was such a great experience, totally worth it.

You photos are beautiful and I am sure you will cherish them for years to come.

Thank you so much!

Those photos are absolutely stunning! What an amazing way to commemorate your anniversary!

Thank you!! It was a pretty special morning.

Ha! In the wild Disney!And to answer your question. No, I have never seen one.

:goodvibes

This is def my favorite one!!! Love it.

Thank you!!

I vote for color. They are both fantastic, but I love the green wall.

I think I agree with you. It really pops. :goodvibes

And the blue doors are fantastic. Especially with the pink hair!

Ali had such a great eye! I love the colours in those ones.

I'm just going to repeat what everyone else has already said...every one of those photos is gorgeous! So many amazing shots, and I love that they were taken in Animal Kingdom. You guys got to take photos in so many beautiful spots.

Thank you so much! :goodvibes It was a really special morning.

These are absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you!!

Amazing pictures

Thank you!!

Great pictures and trip report so far!

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

We had THE SAME experience doing our vow renewal pictures!!!! The outtakes are incredible...we look like two awkward strangers in several of them LOL

:laughing: I'm so glad to know we're not the only ones who do this!

Thanks for sharing these again here--they are all amazing, and I feel like I know you better just from looking at them. Totally adorable!

Thank you so much! I love how they came out. And it's interesting you say that, because I feel like they really look like "us." Well..."us" if our personalities were displaced into slightly-better-looking models who know how to look decent in a picture (thanks for making that happen, Ali! It was all him, for sure!)

Meghan, the pictures are so amazing, this is a wonderful keepsake and treasure for you both!

I love the candid ones, you both look quite natural.

AK is such a beautiful park for pictures!

Thank you so much!!

Once we settled in with Ali and got into the session, he kept us feeling really comfortable and just wanted us to have fun, which made the photos come out really nicely, I thought! AK is the perfect backdrop. :lovestruc

Wow, what a fun photoshoot! And Ali really did wonders with you guys. DAK is so beautiful empty and at that time of day, but he really knew how to get the best shots of you. I think my favorite is the two of you walking by the Tree of Life and smiling at each other. So cute. I'd say you definitely had money well spent on that.

Ali was fabulous! And you couldn't be more correct about AK - it's such a beautiful place to be, especially early in the morning when it's so serene. It was a great morning!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!