When do you call for on-line check in???

kasey1985

Earning My Ears
My on-line check in date is approaching and I was wondering when do you call? My family is silver level and I live on the east coast. We just like everyone else wants to board as early as can be:) Do you wait up till mid-night of the day you can do on-line to get the early boarding?? Thanks

My on-line check in date is approaching and I was wondering when do you call? My family is silver level and I live on the east coast. We just like everyone else wants to board as early as can be:) Do you wait up till mid-night of the day you can do on-line to get the early boarding?? Thanks

Well, you don't call, it's online. The window opens at midnight Eastern time.

For silver, your window opens 90 days out.

We're west coast, so that's 9:00 pm for us, and, yes, I try to be there when it opens.

But, your chances are good that, even if you wait until morning, you'll get an early PAT.

I'll also add, that you must log in after midnight to do your checkin. If you're already logged on and just hit "refresh" it doesn't work. And you must complete all information on the prior pages in order for the PAT page to unlock.

Do you have to complete the online registration 1st before you can reserve excursions and other onboard activities? Any suggestions on what to do 1st? Trying to strategize my game plan for when I can start registration in a few weeks. TIA!

Do you have to complete the online registration 1st before you can reserve excursions and other onboard activities? Any suggestions on what to do 1st? Trying to strategize my game plan for when I can start registration in a few weeks. TIA!

You can do either excursions or online checkin first. It depends on what is more important - making sure you get a specific excursion or getting as early as possible PAT.

You don't have to have completed the checkin process to book excursions.

I was excited, so I set my alarm for a few minutes before midnight and checked in then. Problem was, I set it an hour later than I thought, but all worked out, and I got everything I wanted.

Well for me at least, online check in began at 3AM eastern for my last four cruises. My booking booking window was midnight eastern. So I got to book before I checked in. This held true for my upcoming cruise in 4 1/2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Well for me at least, online check in began at 3AM eastern for my last four cruises. My booking booking window was midnight eastern. So I got to book before I checked in. This held true for my upcoming cruise in 4 1/2 weeks.

The excursion window used to open first, at midnight, with the checkin window opening at 3:00 am that same morning. That changed about 3 months ago. They both open at midnight now.

The excursion window used to open first, at midnight, with the checkin window opening at 3:00 am that same morning. That changed about 3 months ago. They both open at midnight now.

This was three months ago. Must have been less than. I could not do online check in till 3 eastern as in the past.

If you are taking Disney transportation from WDW, do you still pick a time? Or is it passed over if they see you have transfers?

If you DO have to choose a time, what is the ideal time to choose?

If you are taking Disney transportation from WDW, do you still pick a time? Or is it passed over if they see you have transfers?

Honestly, If you are coming from WDW most likely by the time you arrive open boarding will have begun which means, check in to get your KTTW and then just board. You do have to pick a PAT but I always picked the last one when I had to when using DCL transport from WDW. Now that I am platinum I don't have to choose.

Honestly, If you are coming from WDW most likely by the time you arrive open boarding will have begun which means, check in to get your KTTW and then just board. You do have to pick a PAT but I always picked the last one when I had to when using DCL transport from WDW. Now that I am platinum I don't have to choose.

AFAIK, you still select a PAT. Yes, when you arrive at the terminal on DCL transfers, you will be allowed to enter the terminal (and line up for checkin). However, your PAT is tied to the actual boarding number you receive at checkin. Earlier PAT = lower boarding number. And, arriving from WDW, you will most likely be arriving after the Open Boarding has been announced, so no need for boarding number.

Is your check in date tied to your Castaway Club level? My past few cruises, PAT wasn't a big deal because we used to check in at the airport, and we got boarding numbers there.

Now since that's not occurring anymore, I need to get my PAT time early, as we are staying at the Haytt MCO and want as much time on the ship as possible. We want to leave on the first bus out, so I want an early PAT.

We are gold, so I know we can book excursions early, but does that also tie into PAT?

Is your check in date tied to your Castaway Club level? My past few cruises, PAT wasn't a big deal because we used to check in at the airport, and we got boarding numbers there.

Now since that's not occurring anymore, I need to get my PAT time early, as we are staying at the Haytt MCO and want as much time on the ship as possible. We want to leave on the first bus out, so I want an early PAT.

We are gold, so I know we can book excursions early, but does that also tie into PAT?

Check-in date is tied to your Castaway status. Gold people can check in at 105 days before their cruise, which puts them 15 days behind platinum, 15 days ahead of silver, and 30 days ahead of mere mortals.

PAT doesn't have any effect on booking excursions, or vice versa.

Check-in date is tied to your Castaway status. Gold people can check in at 105 days before their cruise, which puts them 15 days behind platinum, 15 days ahead of silver, and 30 days ahead of mere mortals.

Thanks! I guess that means I need get things paid off, and fiancé needs to get his passport!

Gold is really not behind Platinum because it say to just show up and board at your leisure. So in reality Gold gets first shot at the PAT.

Thanks! I guess that means I need get things paid off, and fiancé needs to get his passport!

You don't need his passport number to complete his information. Just act as if is is cursing with a birth certificate and change it later. You can make changes pretty late. Not sure how late.

You don't need his passport number to complete his information. Just act as if is is cursing with a birth certificate and change it later. You can make changes pretty late. Not sure how late.

You can make changes to your online check-in up until 3 days prior to departure. That includes adding passport info or anything else.

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes - this is what we did for our whole family because we hadn't received our passports yet. The night we got to book excursions/check-in online happened to be New Year's, so I was already up at 12:00 Easter (11:00 my time). I probably would have stayed up regardless because I was really excited about everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter