When do we think the paid EMM will come back?

sking5844

Mouseketeer
With crowd sizes increasing and perks being reduced for onsite guests, how long before the paid early morning magic add-one return? It seems like a no brained to me for an easy boost to revenue. Especially if they did one in the studio and included GE.

We don't go a lot and have done this both times and gotten a ton of benefit from it.

It's gone... replaced with a 30 minute early admittance for all resort guests. I don't think it's returning, atleast not this year.

With crowd sizes increasing and perks being reduced for onsite guests, how long before the paid early morning magic add-one return? It seems like a no brained to me for an easy boost to revenue. Especially if they did one in the studio and included GE.

We don't go a lot and have done this both times and gotten a ton of benefit from it.

I think (ticketed) evening ones will come back.

And I'm ready. 😬

I think we need to see the details of this new Early Entry program they are going to have which they said will provide 30 min early access to every park, every day for on site guests

What they haven't said is if this will be access to the entire park or only some of the lands. If it is the whole park then I think the EMM paid events are done for

BUT I could see a situations where some areas are not included in Early Entry (say Fantasyland or Galaxy's Edge) and then a paid EMM is started for those lands

Either way, I do expect the paid after hours events to come back, and come back hard!

Of course paid events are coming back. When? Probably when the operational costs of staying open later are cost effective again. You're basically managing an extra shift for those events.

You may see these come back in a different form as Disney struggles to get people back in the parks once vaccines start cranking up. You may see different ticket packages.

Either way. Now that the kids are getting older the evening after hours are attractive as well.

I think it's possible for Disney to hold EMM and the new Early Entry program at the same time without restricting the rides available at Early Entry. If a park opens at 9:00, you could have a paid EMM event from, say, 7:15 to 8:30, and then Early Entry for onsite resort guests from 8:30 to 9:00.

But I doubt they would do it anytime soon. Perhaps when things get closer to normal much later this year.

As soon as FP comes back with some type of paid options (as part of Genie), expect to see some of the hard ticket events come back too.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some After Hours stuff as early as Spring Break. Gotta capitalize on the crowds and get every last dollar.

A HS After Hours that included ROTR would sell out in minutes.

I would be one of the people will to pay to add on these things for our next trip.

After all the cutting, we won't be back for a long time, so I'm OK with spending to make this one as enjoyable as possible. Crazy how that least sentence only makes sense in a DW capacity!

Also, early entry just isn't for me. Later hours are always more appealing IMO. The parks are set up to be enjoyed at night, not first thing in the morning. It's still a vacation.

I hope it comes back before our trip in June. We did an early morning at Hollywood Studios to take advantage of Toy Story land back in 2018. They kids got to ride slinky dog 4 or 5 times in a row in addition to the other rides and got to meet the characters, all before other guests arrived. It was worth every penny.

I'm not expecting anything to come back in the format it was before. I think we will see a lot of reimagining ( I do think there will be paid add-on events - just not sure what they will look like). I don't expect to see these though until the parks can open at full capacity. It doesn't make sense to do when they are still at 35%. It will probably be 2022 before we see these types of things returning.

EMM is one of my very favorite things, I hope they bring it back. Even if it has to be at the crack of dawn, people would still pay to get the walk-on rides.

I have no doubt EMM will come back. Probably not until attendance is much higher. Maybe this fall when the 50th celebration starts if they can pack the parks as much as they want. If not, I would guess Spring Break 2022.

EMM is one of my very favorite things, I hope they bring it back. Even if it has to be at the crack of dawn, people would still pay to get the walk-on rides.

I'm 100% with you. We are early risers, so getting there on time was nothing (but we also are dead snoring at 10:30pm.)
I found EMM at Hollyweird to be a bargain when it was offered, all things considered. We did it twice and both times, the food was better than I thought it would be. I justified it as a whole experience: Empty park for pics, walk on rides, two walk ons for other rides at rope drop, and then a decent ayce breakfast spread. The rides at MK's didn't interest us, but if offered again, and the rides interest us, imo it's a no-brainer for our group.

I think we need to see the details of this new Early Entry program they are going to have which they said will provide 30 min early access to every park, every day for on site guests

What they haven't said is if this will be access to the entire park or only some of the lands. If it is the whole park then I think the EMM paid events are done for

BUT I could see a situations where some areas are not included in Early Entry (say Fantasyland or Galaxy's Edge) and then a paid EMM is started for those lands

Either way, I do expect the paid after hours events to come back, and come back hard!
Wow, if they didn't open the entire park for early entry, punishing resort guests once again, normally mild mannered me would email/contact them relentlessly! Not that they would care, but it would help my feelings! I sure hope this doesn't happen! Maybe evening EMM, but not this! Unless they went back to an hour early entry at every park for resort guests but the ONE they had paid EMM for-

Wow, if they didn't open the entire park for early entry, punishing resort guests once again, normally mild mannered me would email/contact them relentlessly!
There’s no reason to open up the entire park. Just a handful of the most popular attractions and the main store and the Starbucks. It’s not like anyone heads for the Tiki room or COP at rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter