• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do they change the Aladdin/Snow White Enchanting Musical shows and start new one

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
Does anyone know how often they change the shows? We saw Snow Whites Enchanting Musical (Fantasyland) and the Aladdin show (California Adventure) when we were there in May '04. We are wanting to plan our next trip, but were hoping for new shows. The Aladdin one was sooooo great, and would watch it again though! :flower:
thanx!

I'm not sure. The aladin show was new when I was there last in the spring of 03.

and Sarangel - this IS the Disneyland board. ;)

OK thanks.
I am new to this and was confused by the post that said to put it on the Disneyland site, because I thought that that was where I did put it! :)
I see that it is still those shows in September. I hope they change them soon, I would like to see a couple of new shows the next time we are there!

Truthfully, I don't think they'll change either show before the end of the 50th celebration, especially Aladdin, as it is very entertaining, and still very popular.

production cost for Aladdin was 9 million dollars. Based on that, I'd guess that Mary Jo is right...they've already done the publicity videos for the 50th, so I'd guess this show will be around for the next 18 months.

That said, I know lots of folks who shell out nearly $100 to see Beauty and the Beast every time it comes through town, so I'd guess there isn't a lot of demand for the shows to be changed. A good show will withstand repeated viewings!!!

If we'd have had time, we'd have done Aladdin again this visit!

Don't mean to be rude, but you folks on this board aren't too quick. :) Sarangel is a moderator who moved the original post from the "Rumors and News" board to this one. In the process, she left a message, as they often do, saying why.

I've probably seen the Aladdin show half a dozen times. (I keep bringing new people, and it's a great show for them to see!) That being said, they do update it in subtle ways. They have jokes about recent events, such as the 'runaway bride' and other things that I can't remember. Believe me the show has not ever seemed stale to me even though I've seen it multiple times.

Enjoy life and great vacations!
Chris

Ive heard rumors Aladdin is leaving in the next few years but I doubt itll be until 2007

Snow is still new so Id give it another 3-4 years

-em

The lastest major show at the Fantasyland Theatre lasted several years. SW is only a little more then a year old. So don't expect a new one any time soon.

As for Aladdin, DCA finally has a good "permentant" show. Took them several years to get it. It will be sticking around for a while longer too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter