when do i get my tax rebate?

minnieluvzmickey

<font color=blue>I click my hills together! ;)</fo
Does anyone know when a schedule will come out letting us know when we get the money?

I know there was something posted on the dis earlier that most people deemed as the last rebate's dates.

I'm going to disney in June and it sure would be nice to have that money in my hot little hand.

I haven't seen a schedule, but I did read that your rebate would not begin processing until your actual 2007 Fed. return has been sent in and processed. IF you wait to file your taxes until April, your rebate will wait to be processed, also.

I am not sure of actual dates as of yet either.

I agree it's based on when you filed 2007 returns.

There is also a calculator on the IRS website estimating your amount.

mine should be first then because I filed, got my refund and spent it in early Feb.....that money has BEEN gone....:rotfl:

There was a short story on one the local TV stations here last night. First off, it said that the schedule currently circulating all over the internet was wrong and secondly that the IRS said it would be a couple of weeks before the mailing schedule for the 2008 rebates would be released.

My guess is we will find out in May when they said the letters letting us know we would be getting a refund (and the amount). I also guess that it will be based up on SS# like the last one.

From www.irs.gov:

"Starting in May, the Treasury will begin sending economic stimulus payments to more than 130 million households."

They haven't yet posted how they will determine the mailing order of the checks - everything just states "will be announced shortly".

I got a mailer yesterday that said the payments will begin in May with some other details.

Our accountant said that the checks would be mailed starting in May, and the first people to receive them would be those who filed taxes electronically.

I saw a schedule somewhere that had a list of when checks would be mailed, according to the last 4 digits in the SSN of the taxpayer. I'll see if I can dig that up again.

I saw a schedule somewhere that had a list of when checks would be mailed, according to the last 4 digits in the SSN of the taxpayer. I'll see if I can dig that up again.

That list is from the PRIOR tax rebate a few years back. No official schedule has been released by the IRS (as of last night at least).

Our accountant said that the checks would be mailed starting in May, and the first people to receive them would be those who filed taxes electronically.

WooHoo!! Hope your accountant is right since we e-filed before the ink was dry on our W-2's.:banana: I have budgeted and figure that we can pay for a whole trip during free dining if we stay at a value.:cool1:

Did anyone hear that what the president actually signed in was half the payment they said? An accountant friend said that it will only be $300 per adult and $300 per child. I did get a letter from the IRS that stated $600 but she said it went out before it was finalized so I am not sure what is true. Anyone else what was actually signed as to the amount?

Thanks

I see some jersey posters here.. anyone have a problem getting their state refund this year?

I see some jersey posters here.. anyone have a problem getting their state refund this year?

Nope. I filed using the free webfile on the state tax website & had my refund within 10 days (I got a paper check or it probably would have been quicker). I filed the middle of February. I also filed that way for my DB, DS, and DBIL and their checks all came within 10 days too (all paper checks).

Nope. I filed using the free webfile on the state tax website & had my refund within 10 days (I got a paper check or it probably would have been quicker). I filed the middle of February. I also filed that way for my DB, DS, and DBIL and their checks all came within 10 days too (all paper checks).

I am on hold with them now.. I got my federal on 2/8 but no state.. My sister had the same problem and they want her to send in copies of social security cards and other information. I have no idea what the problem with mine. I am getting a whole $124 back.. my sister is getting back over $900.

ok.. after 30 minutes on hold... my student loan held my state refund because I had been behind a few months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter