When do Airline prices go down?

mom2jp

Earning My Ears
Yesterday, we booked DVC for January 20-27. I looked at flight prices, but didn't book yet because we were trying to decide when to arrive, when to leave, vacation schedules, etc. This morning, I try to book flights and all the prices have gone up! I assume this must be due to Christmas getting closer. There is one airline with a low price, but the flight times are not what we wanted. Should I book now or wait to see if the prices come back down in the next few weeks? Southwest really isn't an option for us as their flight duration is pretty long. Thanks!

It all depends on when you travel. I just booked a roundtrip to Orlando for 120.00 trhough south west. It pays to research, but when you see something good, snatch it fast.

:thumbsup2

Wow you got a great price! We're from Idaho, so the lowest I have ever seen is around $225 incl. taxes. Yesterday when I looked, there were many fares around $237, but we weren't sure of our dates yet. So this morning when I saw the 1 last low fare left, I booked it! The flights weren't at the best times, but they will do!

It's up to you on if you want to play airfare roulette or not. I'd highly recommend buying the ticket if you see a price you are comfortable with rather than hoping a cheaper fare comes along. That being said, I've noticed in the past that airfares tend to go down a little after the Christmas holiday as airlines try to entice people into spending money on airfare when they are still recovering from holiday spending.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter