when discounts come out, are they for room only or package?

Aljo

Mouseketeer
am hoping for a discount for early December......Typically are the discounts for room only or must you have a package in order to take advantage of the discount? do they typically sell out quickly? I currently have a package I booked through Disney but am paying rack rates for room and 5 day hoppers. Wondering if I should get my hoppers elsewhere?

am hoping for a discount for early December......Typically are the discounts for room only or must you have a package in order to take advantage of the discount?

Discounts are usually offered for both room only and packages.

do they typically sell out quickly?

Sometimes yes.

I currently have a package I booked through Disney but am paying rack rates for room and 5 day hoppers. Wondering if I should get my hoppers elsewhere?

I would wait and see if a discount comes out for your package.

With Disney discounts you have to be flexible. They do come out for both room only and packages usually as dansdad states.
But not all room categories in all resorts will be included in discount. Example: we were booked in a woods view once at WL, but only courtyard view was available with discount.

Sometimes POFQ is excluded and always AoA mermaid rooms are excluded. Some resorts may have higher discount than others. They release discounts where they need to fill rooms.

The most popular resorts/room categories fill up fast. They only release a certain number of rooms for discount. I suggest to watch freq for discount release and phone Disney that morning when phones open.
There are discount watch threads on Dis, monitor Disney web site, and look at the Historical Discount chart on mousesavers.com. They have the date past discounts were released for your time frame. It will give you a good idea of when to start watching.

am hoping for a discount for early December......Typically are the discounts for room only or must you have a package in order to take advantage of the discount? do they typically sell out quickly? I currently have a package I booked through Disney but am paying rack rates for room and 5 day hoppers. Wondering if I should get my hoppers elsewhere?
There are discounted packages available, and there are also discounted room-only rates (but you can easily add on tickets while making a room-only reservation). Do not pay rack rates for a Disney resort room. Almost every night of the year is discounted at some point. The discounts come out a few months before, and are available for booking for quite a while. The discounted rooms for room-only aren't all taken up within a few days, or even within the first few weeks. "Free dining" is a very popular package discount (though its value and availability have been decreasing lately) that occurs once a year, and rooms for that often do sell-out quickly. But regular room-only discounts are easy to get if you book a few months ahead. You can save a lot of money with them- we save several hundred every year.

Last edited:

I agree with everyone else - the discounts can be either room only or packages. We only get room only so I know they have room only deals. I will say that if you are on here daily or you subscribe to any sites - they will warn you a couple of days in advance or the day before when the discounts are coming out. You will get something.

The package discounts (free dining) are already out for December. WDW historically only offers package discounts for packages that include dining. If you aren't interested in the dining plan, what you should be looking for is a room-only discount which can be turned into a package by adding tickets. With a room-only discount, you are getting a discount on the room only. There is no discount on the tickets. So, to maximize a room-only discount, historically your best bet is to book room-only with the discount and purchase your tickets from a third-party discounter like Undercover Tourist. Personally, I would simply keep what you have now, wait for the discount to be released (if there is one) and then price out room-only with tickets added vs. room-only with tickets purchased separately elsewhere. Unless you want the package components (free mini-golf, some coupons), there is zero reason to book a room + tickets package through Disney when you can get cheaper tickets elsewhere (IMHO).

When room only discounts are offered:

Are they generally a high percentage? (Wishful thinking I fear!)
Which months do room only discounts usually apply?

I'm in the uk-
So, just for easy math....

Say a room is £200 per night with free dining
How much would/could the RO discount reduce the cost of the room?

When room only discounts are offered:

Are they generally a high percentage? (Wishful thinking I fear!)
Which months do room only discounts usually apply?

I'm in the uk-
So, just for easy math....

Say a room is £200 per night with free dining
How much would/could the RO discount reduce the cost of the room?

This isn't predictable - room only discounts aren't a standard amount.

We are going in September and were lucky enough to snag free dining at AKL. However we are now planning on MNSSHP and other late nights and I was hoping they would release more discounts for Sept so we could stay in a hotel closer to the parks. Is there any chance any further discounts would be released for September such as room only? I know it is getting close to our trip, so I am guessing they probably won't, but I was curious as to what others have seen in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter