When did you last pay rack rate for a WDW hotel?

Ned Land

Mouseketeer
For us, the last time we paid full price for a Disney room was Fall 1999. It was the Fall Fantasy package so it was discounted a little. We have taken 5 trips since and always had a code.

To put it another way, this is the first time I've had to pay rack rates because of the time of year we are going.

I'd say probably in 2002. That was before I learned about the wonderful world of codes... ;) It was over July 4th weekend.

I've never paid rack rate for a room.

My first trip in 2001 I was able to use a code for All Star Sports. Last year I used a code for Pop Century. Next month I'm using AAA for PC and in October I'm using AAA for POFQ.

Didn't have much of a choice given that we found out about our trip after the last codes expired and we don't have APs or AAA.

But due to a snafu on our last trip Disney has given us a special number to call 10 days before we go so that they "can make our trip memorable". We have no clue what they will do given the crowded resorts and parks but we're hoping!!!!!!

Oh no, I think we're going to get in trouble for adding to the cluster of code/discount threads on the resort board. :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

We havnt payed rack in over ten years. We go at least twice a year and always have either an AP code or FL resident.

Last May I paid rackrate for a GV room at the Poly for 12 nights. I had always paid rack rate for years anyway til I saw a code in the newspaper 6 years ago. I never knew Disney had codes so we always paid whatever it took.

Never. First trip had a general public code, next 2 trips AP. Our next trip is discounted with a postcard.

last Spring. Would've paid it in June last year too but they released GA residents codes. I found this board in August and it's been "discount Disney" ever since! Of course with discount comes more frequent trips ;)

I haven't ever paid rack either. I did some research before my first trip in 1999 and paid a AAA rate at ASMu for that first trip. Same for our next trip to CBR/WL. After that, I've used some type of code or discount other than AAA for our other six trips.
-HM

In 1994 I booked All Star Sports at rack rate, first time at a Disney resort, never heard of discounts or codes.

The confirmation came for Port Orleans Riverside for the same $59. summer rate. Apparently 'Sports was not finished on time and apparently the part that was open was overbooked. There being no other Value resorts, the only place to bump guests was up. They must have started upgrading guests starting with those who paid rack rate.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Thanks to the DIS, not since 1999 at CSR... :worship: I could kick myself for all the times we paid rack - I had no idea Disney offered discounts. :rolleyes2

Last time we paid rack rate was December 14, 2003, the grand opening of Pop and it was so worth it. Since only 25% of the hotel was running we got great service. Some of the time we were the only ones on the bus. Loved that. Now when we stay there we tend to take the car except to MK.

We have never paid rack before, but only have the AAA discount in April. Close to rack rate. We wanted the dining plan so, that was really our only option. Kept hoping for a postcard, or E-mail, but Oh Well-- WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!!

Last time I paid rack rate was last March. It was a last minute decision, we were going to Tampa to visit my aunt and decided to leave 2 days earlier. I made a reservation at a Country Inn for $60 a night. On the morning before heading to the airport, DH made a comment that I did not seem excited about going to Orlando. I told him I wasn't happy with staying at the Country Inn and he asked me what would make happy and I told him that I'd rather stay at Disney. He told me to just do what makes me happy, I thought about it on the way to Orlando and as soon as we landed I called CRO and made a reservation at Pop Century. We had a great time and It was the best $122 that I ever spent!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter