When Did I get Voted Off of Skinny Island #2: Castaway's Land Ho!!!!

Just a midweek update! Last night I was only hanging on to my raft by my fingertips but I didn't quite fall off! (SO glad next week is DH's last night class!!). I used up 31 flex points and 11 activity points PLUS my 27 regular points because I just couldn't stop eating!! :scared1: But I DID track everything (which I've never done before when falling off the raft) so I was proud of myself for that.

Also....I would like to celebrate the fact that I didn't order fast food and all the things I ate were healthy(ish) foods (I just had too much of them.) Things like rice, granola bars, popcorn and homemade pizza (which I overestimated the points on because I didn't actually measure the cheese before I put it on the pizza and forgot until this morning that it was light mozzarella and I calculated for regular) were the things I consumed.

And...even though I ate a TON of food and I have a birthday party on Saturday...I'm not out of the running for the week just yet!

My activity levels have been great so far this week!! :yay::woohoo::banana::cool1:I generally jog 25 to 30 mins three times a week but this week, I've stepped it up. I've jogged for 30 mins twice so far with an anticipated 30 more to be done tomorrow. Then I've also added in 15 mins on Tues/Thurs and hopefully also on Sat.

So, I still have (at present) 16 more activity points for Saturday's birthday party and I'm fixing to earn myself 10 more with the rest of my planned jogging!!

:cheer2:

Also, I'm doing well for points today. I have enough to cover dinner as well as a respectable amount that will be left over for evening snacking. With DH here to keep me in check tonight, I shouldn't dip into those precious 16 activity points.

And since I shopped today for the party, I made sure to get the reduced fat pringles so I have chips just like everyone else (and I got all flavours I hate so that I won't be tempted by the regular chips). I also bought the mac salad and the potato salad instead of making them because I :love: my own recipes but hate the store bought ones so there's no danger of me taking any! I also got the low point buns for myself (it's make your own subs) and have lighter meat and cheese options so my sandwich won't be point heavy at all. I also got TONS of fresh produce so I can make up a veggie tray and a tossed salad.

So, my only indulgence at the party will be a small piece of the Dairy Queen ice cream cake...and I'm sure the 24 to 28 activity points I'll have earned myself by that time will more than cover the treat!!

I'm just so happy to have good news to report (overall) for once that I had to come on here and brag a little bit!

Hi Megan!

I'm back after a long "vacation" from the boards. Since I'm getting close to my actual vacation I'm back on the boards more frequently (but not every day).

I with you on wanting to get back on the raft if you want we can start chatting and hopefully some of our friends will come back to join us.

I haven't started any official program but I'm trying to reduce the amount of starches I'm eating. More protein and fresh veggies and fruits. Of course I've been good for the last two days so my boss brings in bagels for breakfast this morning. I ate one, but normally would have chomped down on two of them without any problem.

DH and I joined a Boot Camp at the Y a couple of months ago. Of course he's dropped 4" off his waist, me NOTHING! A friend and I walked a 5k a couple of weeks ago. I'm just hoping that with all the little changes that something starts to happen with the weight soon.

Have you selected a program to follow?

Hi! I was doing weight watchers for a while and lost 7 pounds but then I went to Disney World and got off track and gained back and I havent been back since. We are going to Alaska on a disney cruise next week. I am trying to get back with the program now!

Hi Megan,

Sorry for the delay in the response, I've been studying for a certification test and I haven't been on the boards. I guess you're on your Alaska cruise this week (or just about to leave for it). I'd really love to hear all about it. I had a hard time deciding if I wanted to go to Alaska or do the Fantasy next year for my birthday. We finally decided to go for broke and do WDW and the Fantasy. Alaska is closer to us so hopefully we'll still get up there too.

The diet for me is not doing very well at all. I stopped tracking (AGAIN). The only thing that I'm doing consistantly is Boot Camp twice a week. I've got a tight achilles muscle and I'm still pushing through and doing as much of the workout as possible.

I haven't gotten on the scale in quite a while (after a disasterous look a couple weeks back).

Now that I've typed this I'm going to get my act together NOW! I'm going to log back into SparkPeople and log my food today. I'm not going to wait till tomorrow! I hope you have a fantastic vacation!!!

Hi! We got back home on the 28th and alaska was AMAZING! Best trip by far! The only thing i regret besides not getting my tablemates' phone numbers is not bringing uggs, not going to the vibe and eating WAY too much! I have not been doing good with this diet thing at all and being home all day is not helping. Hopefully we can do this together! :thumbsup2

:hug::hug::hug:

to everyone!

What a wild time of year this can be.:scared1: I have been doing a 10 week program at work called Naturally Slim. We watch videos once/ week and last week's was about getting your "Vital Needs" met. If you're not meeting them, you will have stress, overeat, etc...

Everyone has 7 they are born with, and there's a list of 25. Pick the top 7 for you and make sure you're always finding a way to meet those needs. The number of your top 7 found in your job can also lead to job satisfaction (or not) as well:
1. Personal Time - do your own thig, hobbies, watch TV, read
2. Need to give and do for others - family, community, church - volunteer, room mom
3. Recognition for Achievement - from work, family community. CHoose a job that allows you to get recognition
4. Movement - walking, sports, shopping
5. Sleep - 'nuff said
6. Approval and Acceptance - from co-workers, family, friends, realize you like to pass ideas by others and know with whom you can best talk
7. Order and closure - dislike of open-ended situation, tasks, affairs, projects or goals. A cluttered house or office makes you "crazy", clean your counters before you start you work
8. Time alone - daily time for reflection and thought while alone
9. Territory - area of physical space that is your very own
10. Financial Security - income and outgo are always in balance
11. Being with People - high need for relationships, join a group, club
12. Anticipation - looking forward to something such as taking a trip or seeing friends. The anticipation gives more enjoyment than the doing (helloooo WDW trip planners!)
13. Competition - with self, others, or in sports
14. Learning Something New
15. Listening to Music
16. Having a project - sewing, gardening, painting,
17. Touching - hugs, massage, get a pet
18. Variety of Experiences - need for something new and different
19. Structured time - schedule and routine are important. Often marries #20
20. Unstructured time - do not like the pressure of meeting schedules
21. One on one attention. May feel stress when in groups.
22. Group relationships - join organziations, lunch with a group
23. Empathy - high need for people important to/around you to know you are feeling and the depth of your feelings. Realize you will be irritated when others don't pick up on your feelings and let you talk about them. Learn who will listen to you and understand.
24. Humor - laugh!
25. Spirituality - church, synagogue, etc.

If you want more details, I can scan in the pages and email to you! Just wanted to give a quick overview. It's helped me already. I used to think it was bad that I felt stressed if the kitchen counter wasn't cleaned off before i sat down, now i realize it's one of my vital needs. It makes me feel good. :)

Feeling good = less overeating:thumbsup2

Are you still hanging around the DIS? I would love more info on this program. PM me if you read this.

Thanks,

Dawn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter