When did 8:45 am become lunch?

Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
I have been trying to get Oga cantina all that's ever open is 8-9 am ... who wants to go to a bar at 8am?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220606-232721_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220606-232721_Samsung Internet.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

I think the OP isn't necessarily asking about morning drinking - we all do that. It's that Disney considers 8:45 lunch. I've been getting the same search results when trying to book Oga reservations. I enter "lunch" as the time and get a 8:45 am suggestion. It's absurd.

I think the OP isn't necessarily asking about morning drinking - we all do that. It's that Disney considers 8:45 lunch. I've been getting the same search results when trying to book Oga reservations. I enter "lunch" as the time and get a 8:45 am suggestion. It's absurd.
It's absurd to call it lunch for sure. Would be just as absurd to not open till 11 though.

Oga's isn't a restaurant and it serves the same stuff all day. There's no difference between lunch and dinner. They just use those terms to have it fit into the booking software. They used to have a breakfast category for Oga's, but now it is much easier to search just two, so it's actually better.

I always try to get an early Oga's. It's a vacation

Well, I'd say lunch or dinner at 3pm sounds equally stupid but hey, who am i to judge ;)

We went early morning once as it was the only ADR time we could get. We don't drink alcohol, so we didn't mind having some fancy mocktails at 8 am. They also used to serve a pretty good latte. I don't know - don't people drink cocktails at brunch times?

When they opened they served a couple breakfast items. They no longer do. So maybe to avoid any confusion they still have the breakfast items, they aren't going to use that term.

I always just pick times as I find the breakfast, lunch, dinner choices don’t always return good results. For example, I put in noon on June 21st for 2 and Olga’s came up for 1235 but not on a lunch search.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter