When Are You Going To MNSSHP? What Will You Be? NEW SCAVENGER HUNT DETAILS FIRST POST

Whats your favorite MNSSHP party must do?

• Trick or Treating

• Parade

• Fireworks

• Meet and Greet

• Shopping

• Food Sampling

• People Watching

• Dressing up

• Rides

• Dance Party

Results are only viewable after voting.
We're attending our first MNSSHP on Tuesday, September 20.
tiedye.jpg

We'll be dressed as a hippie family with matching Halloween colored Mickey tie-dyes.

Martin

This is why I have never had store bought costumes...they think all girls over 10 should look like street walkers. :scared1:

LOL, I know!!! A few years back and before our first MNSSHP I went to a costume store in Orlando and asked the lady where the non slutty Disney costumes were, she's like here let me show you, and walks me right over to the hoochie ones. I looked at her and go honey, ain't no one wanting to see me in one of those. And I'm not 15... I wanted NON slutty. She looked at me like I was crazy!!! LOL!!!

Have you seen the Alice in Wonderland costumes, our original plan was me and dd would go as Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum, mom would have been Alice. The costumes we saw were not suitable for a 73 year old nor anyone with a sense of dignity or pride.

010-1.jpg

Here is DS(5) dressed up in his jake costumepirate:
014.jpg

Here is DS(9) Captn James Hookpirate:

My DW has been working hard on both these costumes trying to keep them simple and light weight so the boys dont get overheated at the party
:banana::banana::banana:

Have you seen the Alice in Wonderland costumes, our original plan was me and dd would go as Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum, mom would have been Alice. The costumes we saw were not suitable for a 73 year old nor anyone with a sense of dignity or pride.

My mom and I did homemade Tweedle costumes on my only previous trip for MNSSHP. It was very easy....bought everything at wal-mart!

After much flip-flopping on costumes, I'm looking into the feasibility of cobbling together a Gaston costume. Hopefully I can make it work.

We'll (all adults) be there Sept 16th! I'm going as Tinkerbell, we've got 1 "dark fairy" and 1 pirate thus far, don't know what our 4th person is being :cool1:

We're going to the September 20th party and dressing up in a Pinocchio theme! DS4 is Pinocchio, DS1 is Jiminy cricket, DH is Gepetto, and I am the (not true to movie, too hot and hard to come up with) blue fairy :)

I really need to get on Jiminy's costume! Its been interesting trying to get everything made to keep from over heating

We're going Sept 30. DS will be Dash from the Incredibles, DD will be Belle or Aurora, and I'll be peasant Belle :rolleyes:

We'll be going on Oct. 25. Right now, the boys will be going as Peter Pan and a cat. DH and I are undecided although I'm thinking Captain Hook and Tinkerbell. Of course, we can change it all up and do Star Wars: a Jedi, R2D2, Luke and Princess Lia

October 7th! I'll be the Cheshire Cat...in a tutu with purple and pink furry leg warmers...lol

A bit of a modernized Cheshire Cat...lol

We are going Oct. 2 (weather permitting). The costumes are little up in the air. In reality I probably will just wear a Halloween t-shirt as it will be too warm for what I want to be, Mother Gothel, and I can't wear rollerskates in the park to be a roller derby chick. My DD11 was supposed to be Rapunzel to my Mother Gothel, but has bailed on me. The costume is just too girly for her. :rotfl: I think we've settled on Quorra from Tron for her.

DW and I are going september 13th, our first mnsshp :goodvibes still looking for ideas for the costumes :confused3

October 7th! I'll be the Cheshire Cat...in a tutu with purple and pink furry leg warmers...lol

A bit of a modernized Cheshire Cat...lol

That sounds similar to my costume, although I'm not wearing a tutu, and have got a pink dress that I'm going to customise with purple strips. Have also made some ears, and I've got some pink and purple striped socks too!

Updating now..

I have had the same issue as everyone else in the costume department for women. I have been gifted one of those swanky pirate costumes and I will either find some material to sew on to the bottom, just wear leggings or breakdown and buy a new costume from Amazon. My DH of course loves it the way it is...:lmao:

FYI Amazon has a 20% clothing department code when you sign up for the fashion update emails. The catch is it has to be on item sold by Amazon not just shipped by them. I have found a few costumes this would work with.
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_lin...f_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1313756382&pf_rd_i=1036592

I love the homemade Jake the pirate costume! That is who my youngest wants to be but I just don't see myself making it. You did an awesome job. :goodvibes

We decided to change our costumes due to the hot weather so my husband and I will be wearing- Mickey Scary Glow in the Dark Tee Shirts. They are black with neon green. Hope to see many of you on Sept. 20th

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter