When A Tourist Becomes A Local! A Full Year (2019) TR! *CANCELED!*

What a fun day at EPCOT and after such exciting news! So glad it all worked out. Now it's Disney any time you want haha

Ugh I'm so jealous you got to see Gavin and Heidi perform. Gavin is such an incredible tap dancer and I'm just obsessed. Then, recently, I was in a show that Heidi helped create called Now. Here. This. so I automatically adore her. She also does have quite the voice. I saw clips of this from my CM friends in FL and it made me so jealous. I'm gonna have to save yours in my Watch Later because UGH LEGENDS.

Congratulations! Glad you could celebrate with friends

Thank you! I'm really excited for this change, and it was also nice to spend some time with a good friend. :)

What a fun day at EPCOT and after such exciting news! So glad it all worked out. Now it's Disney any time you want haha

Ugh I'm so jealous you got to see Gavin and Heidi perform. Gavin is such an incredible tap dancer and I'm just obsessed. Then, recently, I was in a show that Heidi helped create called Now. Here. This. so I automatically adore her. She also does have quite the voice. I saw clips of this from my CM friends in FL and it made me so jealous. I'm gonna have to save yours in my Watch Later because UGH LEGENDS.
EPCOT has really grown on me to be one of my favorite Theme Parks. So, I knew that would be a nice place to celebrate. I used to live close to Disneyland in California. So, I already know what it feels like to go to Disney "whenever I want." :D

That's really cool that you got to perform in a show that she helped create. I hadn't really heard of her before this concert. I was mostly going to see Gavin Lee.

Congrats on your new home!!! And soon to be proud owner of a Florida AP!!! party:
Thank you! Well, I am a proud owner of a DVC AP right now. I might need to do some research into the Florida AP's.

Congrats on the apartment!
Thank you!!!

You should have an apartment warming party during the August event.
Now, I might be willing to do that for you since I know you. However, opening my apartment up to people I don't know...That can be scary. :D

WOO HOO!!!!! :dancer:

No better way to celebrate anything in life than with a glow cube :) I LOVE those!
I'm really excited!!!

I do like those as well. It was nice to feel like a young kid again. :D

Hi everyone!!!

I am coming to you live from Anaheim, California and a block away from the Disneyland Resort! I am going to be spending some time at the Disneyland Resort this week, and I was wondering if there was anything that any of you wanted me to cover? I won't be doing a Trip Report from this trip, but I will be including some updates from Disneyland after I am done with my current Walt Disney World updates and before my "Florida Local" updates begin.

Let me know!!! :)

Food and Wine items. Oh and Fantasmic! (ooohhh, wait, that doesn't come back until I am there next week and you have sadly left) :rotfl2:
You are mean Willis! :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl2:
You are evil Willis...EVIL!!!!! :D

However, 2 weeks ago, I was only expecting to get the show that I am scared to see (Mickey's Mix Magic.). At least I get to see World of Color now. :D

Oh...And the Food & Wine updates won't be up until after your trip. So, sorry that you won't get my opinion (at least on here.) :D

You are evil Willis...EVIL!!!!! :D

However, 2 weeks ago, I was only expecting to get the show that I am scared to see (Mickey's Mix Magic.). At least I get to see World of Color now. :D

Oh...And the Food & Wine updates won't be up until after your trip. So, sorry that you won't get my opinion (at least on here.) :D

Yes, I can be evil! You should know that by now. lol. True, you get to see World of Color before me. But I will still get to see Fantasmic! before your next trip. Fantasmic! > World of Color. :cool1::tinker:

Yes, I can be evil! You should know that by now. lol. True, you get to see World of Color before me. But I will still get to see Fantasmic! before your next trip. Fantasmic! > World of Color. :cool1::tinker:
World of Color > DHS Fantasmic! (I will take almost any show over the DHS Fantasmic)...I have seen the new version and the original Disneyland Fantasmic as well. :D I have seen the "better" forms of Fantasmic many times so it really isn't going to kill my trip. Same thing with the Castle...It's Disneyland. The better of the domestic parks (my opinion everyone...little biased...I grew up in Southern California ok :D ). There isn't much that is going to not let me have a great time since I love this place a little too much. :D

Now I find us arguing in the middle of my Trip Report lol. :D

World of Color > DHS Fantasmic!

1000% agree! I should have said "Disneyland Fantasmic! (even with Pirates scene) > World of Color". Granted I never saw the original Fantasmic!. The first Disneyland version I saw was with you back in 2017 when it returned during D23 Expo.

1000% agree! I should have said "Disneyland Fantasmic! (even with Pirates scene) > World of Color". Granted I never saw the original Fantasmic!. The first Disneyland version I saw was with you back in 2017 when it returned during D23 Expo.
Yep. I won't forget waiting in those lines and missing the Richard Sherman Concert/Presentation just to see the first public appearance of the new Fantasmic with you. :D

You never saw the original Fantasmic? That makes me feel sooooo sad!!!!! :worried::worried::sad1::sad1::sad::sad::sad2::sad2::sad2:

I always get the Barbecue Burger which is delicious and a regular fries.
Once again, I MUST eat here eventually!

We would get a nice table outside. It really did start to feel good going from freezing temperatures this morning to 80 degrees. I can’t wait to get out of the cold weather!
cogsworth snow.gif

So, I would walk over to the other side of Town Square and get in line for them.
I love that they meet with the penguins!

I actually like this walkway a lot. I thought Disney did a nice job with the design of it.
I saw this like a month after it opened and I thought it was amazing how month-old carpet already looked like it had been there for 30 years

This is really cool to ride at night with the lights on.
I've only ever ridden it that way and it's so fun!

These were the choices of places that you could choose from to eat at this evening:
Alright that's awesome. I didn't realize it came with a meal included.

The DVC Moonlight Magic Event is absolutely awesome! Definitely worth it to check one of these events out if you are a Disney Vacation Club Member and if your dates fall on one of the evenings DVC is having these at one of the parks. Check the Members Benefits Page on the DVC website for event dates for the other parks.
Hopefully we get to experience one!!

“Oh what a beautiful mornin’, oh what a beautiful day!”
Cool shot!

As my Dad and I were in Florida, our hometown area would be dealing with a snowstorm and an ice storm. So, I was happy to be in paradise and in 80 degrees!
Once again
cogsworth snow.gif

After listening to a few performances, my Dad wanted to leave EPCOT and head to Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Wait so you went to Epcot for the first time during iFart and all you did was get a magnet and watch VOL???

As big of a Lion King fan that I am, I would have to get my picture taken with it.
I saw that when we were there and I was like "Oh man he is going to love this!!"

Lesley was willing to ask the Cast Member at the fastpass touch point if my Dad and I could go in with her, and the Cast Member was willing to let us go through the fastpass line with her.
Gutsy. I like it.

This was going to be a very quick trip to Disney Springs. That is because I really wanted to do one thing. That is go to Ghirardelli and get a chocolate shake!
Okay you have now convinced me that a stay at Saratoga is worth it if only for the opportunity to be a mere walk away from Ghirardelli.

My Dad and I would then drive thru Chick-Fil-A since it was lunch time. We would take it back to Saratoga Springs where I would enjoy my lunch on our balcony.
Whoa so weird to see non-Disney food right next to Mickey haha

I am officially moving to Orlando, Florida!!!
happy snow white.gif

They put on an absolutely incredible show! I was very impressed, and I would see if I could possibly see them again later in the trip.
I love Heidi! I saw her on Broadway in Something Rotten and I was sad she wasn't there during our trip.

It was definitely a unique view of Illuminations, but it was also nice to sit down during the show
That's exactly what I was thinking!

Before I knew it, we would be landing in Orlando!!!

Best feeling ever!! Love MCO!

The next stop would be Saratoga Springs which is where my Dad and I would be staying on this trip!

This looks like a lovely and relaxing hotel.

Our lunch choice today was D-Luxe Burger! This is probably my favorite place to eat at Disney Springs (that I have tried since I haven’t been to every food location). This place is definitely expensive for a quick service location, but I think it is worth it.

Yummm! I loved that burger!

I was excited for some of these character meet & greets!!!

This is super cool..some of those are very rare!

I would then ride the Astro Orbiter! This is really cool to ride at night with the lights on.

This ride is fun but always has super long slow moving lines. Must have been nice to walk on.

My Dad and I would make our way to Columbia Harbour House for our free meal of the party!

Love that place!!

Looking forward to hearing anything you want to share about DLR as I'm going for the first time in 20 years in July!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter