Wheelchair/Illuminations viewing

kdibattista

<font color=darkorchid>It left an indent the size
Is there any special viewing area for guests in wheelchairs? As I stated in an earlier thread, my sister will be using a wheelchair to get around as she cannot stand for a long period of time. If it's a "good day" she won't need the chair for viewing, however, if it's a "bad day" she will need the chair. I am worried that she won't be able to get a good view. Thanks in advance for the advice!!!

There are w/c viewing areas, but I can't remember if it was near Mexico or not. They allowed myself and two others of our rather large group into the area. All people not in chairs/ECVs had to sit or kneel so as to not block the view. It did seem to me the CMs let "friends" of theirs in the area who were not h/p. The areas are labelled with the standard H/P logo. You can ask where they are at Guest services when you get to Epcot.

I have viewed Illuminations for the handicapped sections many times. There is a section near the UK & another one near the entrance to the World showcase. Try to pay attention to which direction the wind is blowing as you do not want to be down wind of Illuminations.

Good day or bad day, I would recommend the wheelchair, EVC, etc. since there is a lot more walking & standing at WDW than the average guest realizes. ENJOY!

We have viewed Illuminations from a couple of the wheelchair sections. The one at the entrance to World Showcase that JudithM mentioned was hands down the best, in our experience.

Enjoy!

Wow... thanks everyone for the responses!!! I really appreciate it!!!

The wheelchair viewing areas are marked on the park maps, so you can get a general idea of where they are and then look for the signs.
There may be people without wheelchairs who have invisible disabilities who are using the area too, so not everyone will have a wheelchair or ecv.

If the wheelchair viewing area is full (or in the area where the fireworks smoke will blow), you can get a good viewing spot anywhere along WS lagoon. Since there is a fence all along the water, if you are standing/sitting right along the fence, no one can get ahead of you and block the view. The is an area sort of in the middle of the lagoon where the ground based part of the show takes place. As long as you have a good view of that, you will have a good view of Illuminations. Ask the CMs in the country you plan to watch from for their recommendations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter