What's your favourite M. Night Shyamalan film?

He didn't direct it but it's supposed to be one of his stories I believe. It's called Devil.

Yes, he wrote that but did not direct. He also wrote and directed a couple of movies before The Sixth Sense that are often not included in is Oeuvre, Praying with Anger, and Wide Awake.

What I've seen - I've liked them all. Sixth Sense will always be a fave as it was the first that I saw, and just fabulous. I saw it knowing nothing going in - absolutely nothing - and so it just floored me :)

I need to see Glass and complete that "trilogy".

Unbreakable's my favorite, Sixth Sense a close second. I haven't seen Split and Glass yet.
Despite the shortcomings, I liked Signs and The Village overall. Signs did a great job of building tension, and all was going well if not for the schtick they pulled with the aliens. Come on, Shamalamadingdong!

The Sixth Sense is a great movie.
I really loved Split also.
I also really love The Visit, even my non M Night fan dd loved that one, once I talked to her into watching it (she then decided he wasn't do bad).
Never saw The Last Airbender, not my style, but the only one I really disliked was The Happening, that was just beyond stupid!

Sixth Sense.

His new one is just bad. Totally messed with what worked in the Graphic Novel.

I did like The Happening, but I think going to that hard R level of violence was a mistake. M. Night does the psychological horror very well - there was no need for the gore.

Are you saying you didn't like the scene where the guy gets run over by the industrial lawnmower?

Are you saying you didn't like the scene where the guy gets run over by the industrial lawnmower?

That is exactly what I am saying. The movie would have worked without it, or just alluding to it. I still enjoyed the movie, but it's a bit jarring compared to his other work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter