What's Your Best Summer Packing Tip????

missdramaqueen

Mouseketeer
It's my family's first time traveling to Disney in the summer..
what is everyone's best packing tip, what should we pack, and what is the best way to keep cool???
thanks in advance
MissDramaQueen

To answer your "how to keep cool" question: bring a fan with a spritzer, use either a wash cloth that has been put into a ziplock bag wet or one of those neck cloths that get cold when put into water, drink lots of water, go to the pool or the water parks, and take a break mid-day to get away from the heat.

For your packing question: For clothes I take shorts, tees, swimsuits, beach towels, swim shoes and at least two other pairs of shoes for each person (in case one gets wet, we still have a dry pair) and a sweater :eek: (I get cold in the restaurants and like to have my sweater so I don't freeze). There are lots of other things I bring, like Ibuprofen, bandaids, sunscreen, etc. that I don't want to pay premium prices for in WDW. HTH :)
Sherry

Make sure you pack extra clothes. In the summertime, you sweat so much that you'll want to change your clothes frequently. There are laundry facilities at each WDW resort so that you can do laundry if you wish, but if you don't want to, make sure to bring enough clothes to accomodate the sweat factor.

Also, be sure to pack sweatproof sunblock/sun tan lotion. After I've had sunblock drip in to my eyes a few times from the sweat, I've always packed the sweatproof stuff. Works like a charm.

my best packing tip is minimize and don't bring too much. Do laundry half way through your stay. I made the mistake our first trip of reading the boards and feeling I needed all kinds of things I never used so now I only bring what we need and use as a family which is so much easier for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter