What's your best guess?

Jenny412

Mouseketeer
We have reservations coming in June 6th. Debating on whether I should cancel and move our dates to maybe July or beginning of August. We need to plan our trip before school starts back in the middle of August. What is everyone else doing that has June reservations? Is their still hope? Lol

I'm in the same boat, but personally I think early June will be tight. Assuming they get the OK to open in say Mid May (many states have already shut down till early May)
I've already canceled and rescheduled to March to May and then June - now I have totally cancelled for the time being.
I was meant to bring my kid this year for spring break, and I told if if we are lucky we will go next year.

How long do they need to get back up - 2 weeks?
Clean up, test rides, get food in, retrain employees.
There is a lot of work to reopen.
So if they get they get go ahead Mid May it would be maybe a June 1st opening

What capacity will they open in?
There are rumors from sources that have previously had good info that Disney parks may open at 50% capacity and that Epcot may not open for quite a while.
Universal may not have as tough a time as Disney - but it still wont be easy.

I still have my ressie at RPR arriving May 4th, and will hold out hope for a bit yet.

Granted, it looks less likely as each day passes...
If the parks/hotels re-open by then, I'll be there!

I pushed my May trip to late July. DS has a birthday on July 23rd so hopefully we can make it for his birthday.

We're in a holding pattern here too. Supposed to fly out May 31st- June 5th but between Florida's slow reaction to this thing and now we're being asked to socially isolate until the end of April… while I think they'll be ready for an opening in early May, I'm not sure I want to be there for it, even as late in the month as we're going.

We'd push to late August however, so as I keep telling myself it's not like we won't go, we just won't go as originally planned.

We cancelled our mid-May plans 😭 and will try for the fall when, hopefully, the world has been righted.

Just canceled my late April trip. Knew I was going to cancel but just really hard to actually pull the trigger.

But mid-May, you're in the same boat. A vacation scheduled when most kids are still in school is going to be far different this year. In the off-chance the parks get opened up by then, they aren't only going to be absolutely jam packed with out of school kids, they are going to be crammed full of people with no regard for social distancing.....which also means they are likely packed with people who have had little regard for social distancing this whole time.

Just canceled my late April trip. Knew I was going to cancel but just really hard to actually pull the trigger.

But mid-May, you're in the same boat. A vacation scheduled when most kids are still in school is going to be far different this year. In the off-chance the parks get opened up by then, they aren't only going to be absolutely jam packed with out of school kids, they are going to be crammed full of people with no regard for social distancing.....which also means they are likely packed with people who have had little regard for social distancing this whole time.
This is exactly why we are leaning towards postponing our mid-May trip even if they open up before then. We are worried about the "we spent thousands of dollars so we are going whether we are sick or not" mentality.

Seeing as this is still on the up swing, think going to be quite a while until things begin to settle down, and when they do it will be in stages. Theme Parks will be one of the last things to reopen. Unless there is a medication that get proven to fight the virus not much is gong to change anytime soon, since a vaccine isn't expected for a long time.

Was starting to plan an August trip before it all started... now not planning anything until the situation is well under control...especially any crowded place with people traveling from all over.

Contacted the DVC owner I rented points from for the Disney portion of my May trip about pushing it back to August. I already have plans for October there, I am thinking August will be good but then the virus may start to make a resurgence later fall...making it so hard to plan!

Hi after listening to the briefing last night and looking at listening about the models of projection I think it will be more like the beginning of July. I know there is a stay at home recommnedation till April 30th but the models show the best scenerio for doing it till May 30th. If you add to the fact that all states need to do this and not all are we are going to be slowed down. My opinion that extending it till May is really on the table.

We usually go in the summer but I have pushed it to the middle of September to be on the safe side and try out HHN.

I hope so much it goes quicker but am trying to be realistic.

I went ahead and pushed my reservation to the end of July. Hopefully they will lift the block out dates for Volcano Bay so we won't have to upgrade our power annual passes.

I haven’t cancelled our Memorial Weekend trip yet. I’ll probably wait to see how May is looking before canceling.

I've already had UO cancel one of my trips, March 29-April 1st. Yes, that's right I would have been having drinks at Finnegan's this past weekend... sigh. Anyway, I have a trip scheduled for July (8-11) that I used a Concert as the excuse for a Universal trip. I reckon the concert will be canceled, simply because of the risk they will take traveling from city to city, in various parts of the country. Will Universal be fully operational by early July? Will I want to be there in the mass of people rushing out to the Theme Parks? eh.. maybe. So this only leaves me with my October HHN trip. Now I'm thinking of booking a room in September over Labor Day..... I mean I feel I SHOULD since I had one and maybe two trips cancelled....right?

We were going to move our early May trip to early June but have since decided to move it to late July for DS's birthday. I just don't think everything will be back to normal by June. I need to actually cancel the reservation- we're going to stay at PBH instead of CB - but just haven't done it yet.

Are you guys able to cancel without a fee? I’m worried it won’t be the same in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter