What's your BEST drive time from Philly/NJ area?

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
Some people have told me we can make it straight thru in 13 hours, but that seems a little scary to me. That person must have been going around 100 mph.

I've also been told we can make it to Savannah in around 12 hours. That sounds reasonable.

So many people are telling me different things, that I'm starting to get confused. Just printed a "triptik" off AAA that says it's a 16 hour drive straight thru.

Just wondering if you can post your best/worst times so I can sorta get a handle on what lies ahead. Did you stop, or drive straight thru?

Hi, we live in Marlton NJ and drive twice a year, being retired we spend a lot of time in FL. We have driven straight to Tampa in 171/2 hours, 2 drivers. I would figure approx 16 to 17 hours to WDW. I don't think driving straight thru is the best thing to do, we now do it in 2 days. We leave at 5 AM and drive to St Marys GA which is 3 miles from the Fl state line, this is about 13 hours driving, the next day it takes about 4 hours to WDW.

We made it FROM WDW to Newark Delaware in 16 hours... They way there we got stuck at the GA border for a really bad accident, they closed down I95 & we had to detour through Savannah...

On a trip to Miami in june several years ago, we made it from Philly to St Augustine in 14 hours, never went faster than 75. We had three drivers, switched every two hours, and we were all SHOT. I was so cranky I was practically in tears. We had to stop and sleep. If we had another driver we may have been able to make it in one shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter