Whats up with MS and tickets?

mom3sonstt

DIS Veteran
I called last week to get a price for the tickets we will be needing this trip and the gal I talked to sounded new and seemed surprised that I woud want to order my tickets ahead of time when I can just get them down there. i am getting 2 Premium Annual passes with the DVC discount and 3 10-day MYW with hopping & water. For the Annuals she said that I'm just going to have to go turn in the voucher anyway so I could just wait. I told her I knew that but was still planning on getting them ahead of time I just needed an amount so I could get the daily limit on my card raised.

Today I called back to actually order them and I have another gal trying to talk me out of all of it. She said if I wait 'til we get there we can have the MYW tickets encoded to the room keys and again, that we will have to go turn the vouchers in anyway.

Last year we were on the 2nd use of our annual passes for 4 of us, but I ordered a pass for our oldest son and a MYW ticket for a friend that was going and I didn't have to beg like this to get 'em. Are they trying to discourage us from ordering tix thru DVC Member Svcs?

Yikes - I was on hold with them while I typed the above message. Now after a 45 minute phone call I still don't have my tickets ordered :headache: After convincing her that I really do want to order them now (which is why I picked up the phone and called) she tried to do it only to discover that she can't put them in the same shopping cart. That's the problem I had doing it online, which is why I called her - guess I should have stuck with doing it online - I'd be done by now. So she put through the order for the 3 MYW tix, gave me a confirmation number, then put me on hold because she wasn't sure it went through even though she had a confirmation. Then she came back to do the PAP order, took my card number again, then had some pop-up on her screen that she didn't understand and put me on hold for several minutes again. When she came back, sounding very defeated, she asked if she could call me back after she got it all sorted out - she said it was a long story. So 45 minutes later, and giving her my card number for the 3rd time, I still only have half of my order done.

Yikes - I was on hold with them while I typed the above message. Now after a 45 minute phone call I still don't have my tickets ordered :headache: After convincing her that I really do want to order them now (which is why I picked up the phone and called) she tried to do it only to discover that she can't put them in the same shopping cart. That's the problem I had doing it online, which is why I called her - guess I should have stuck with doing it online - I'd be done by now. So she put through the order for the 3 MYW tix, gave me a confirmation number, then put me on hold because she wasn't sure it went through even though she had a confirmation. Then she came back to do the PAP order, took my card number again, then had some pop-up on her screen that she didn't understand and put me on hold for several minutes again. When she came back, sounding very defeated, she asked if she could call me back after she got it all sorted out - she said it was a long story. So 45 minutes later, and giving her my card number for the 3rd time, I still only have half of my order done.

Check your PMs :)

Check your PMs :)

Offering a card for the 10% discount, I presume? :)

I was going to point the OP in the direction of the thread on the theme park board. I think she will just miss it though because I believe the AP's have to be purchased by July 31.

My oldest son still has an unexpired annual pass and received the discount cards. Unfortunately, we don't get there until Aug 2nd. We plan to leave on July 31st (after said oldest son finishes his final for his summer class) - we plan to get as far as Nashville - not quite close enough to run over and get our passes. I guess I forgot about those when I was making my calls because we determined they weren't going to work for us when he got his.

Thanks for trying to save me a little more money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter