what's the worst thing you've eaten at wdw?

#1 Pooh's. Breakfast. Lasagna. Crystal Palace. Ick, I don't even know what that was, but it was warm and soggy. The rest of the breakfast was fantastic.

#2 Grilled chicken sandwich at Cosmic Ray's. Horribly dry...to be fair, it was late in the evening, probably the end of the day for them.

We were really disappointed in the Tangierine Cafe. My husband ordered the meatball platter while I ordered the vegetable platter. Both of us agreed that it was very bland and flavorless. Never again!

Maybe you were supposed to put lots of hummous on your food ....

Last time we were at the Tangierine Cafe the hummus was way to salty to eat.

;)

We did NOT enjoy our food at Sci-Fi, environment was great--food was not!

The restaurant right inside the gate of magic kingdom. I think it's called tony's or something like that. Anyways, its Italian food and the pasta was disgusting. It was expensive too. Magic Kingdom needs some better quality restaurants like Epcot and Studios has.

Many of us remember the days when WDW had a bad reputation for food. For me, the absolute worst was a turkey burger that I bought at Pecos Bill's Cafe. For some reason, and to the best of my memory, the only burger option at the time was a turkey burger (either beef wasn't on the menu or they were sold out). Anyway, it was so bad I dumped it in the garbage half eaten.

gagh!

Fish and chips at the ABC Commissary. Nothing helps make a first trip to WDW memorable than a bout of food poisoning.

During our recent visit in January, 2010 my son was looking forward to trying wings at disney. We had the ones at Kona which were good but the ones at the ESPN Club were bad in my opinion. The little drumstick and wing were attached. I have never seen them like this before. I don't even recall the taste I think we were a little weirded out by this. :rotfl2: I'm sure this is normal for others but it was a strange sight to us.

Also, the sausage and potatoes at Cape May breakfast buffet were extremely bitter. I could not eat this.

Pizza at Pizza Planet. (That closed, right?) Pancakes and soggy eggs at the ABC Commissary. UGH. Disney needs to do a complete overhaul of their CS at DHS. The TS is not much better. We'll go to Sci-Fi and Prime Time, but really only for the atmosphere and the deserts.

I'd have to say the only really bad food experience I had to the point of no return was a CS meal at the American Pavillion in Epcot. The bun was stale, the burger cold with congeled fat. I threw it out! And the ambiance is horrid! All cold and sterile like...could they even TRY to make it charming? I sure wish that we could have something along the lines of the Liberty Tree Tavern to showcase American food instead of...that.

The two meals that I never want to repeat: Biergarten and Mama Melrose.

I know others love them, but I hated everything about them. I was sad about hating Germany; I was hoping to love it. :sad2:

I'm surprised at the amount of people who hate Dole Whips. We had them at the Dole plantation in Hawaii and loved them. I don't know if I've had one in Disney. I'll have to get one on our upcoming trip. :scratchin:

The awful meatball platter at Tangierine Cafe. My DH actually is the one who ordered it, but I tasted it, and it was sooooo disgusting. I told him he should not have ordered a meatball platter from there...lol

The awful meatball platter at Tangierine Cafe. My DH actually is the one who ordered it, but I tasted it, and it was sooooo disgusting. I told him he should not have ordered a meatball platter from there...lol

really DH loved this! Different strokes I guess. I wonder if we just lucked out, or you got a bad platter??

really DH loved this! Different strokes I guess. I wonder if we just lucked out, or you got a bad platter??

My husband also ordered the meatballs and did not want to finish it at all. That's not something I'm used to seeing. :lmao: He said there was absolutely zero flavor and they were completely dried out.

That could be possible, you never know, especially with the amount of food they make everyday. I know I enjoyed the Lamb Wrap that I ordered. But, my poor DH's platter was yuck. :sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter