wintermom

Mouseketeer
This is our thrid trip to DW and my family loves good food,
I thought about trying Marrakesh this time. I think I read
sometime back that there was entertainment here which DD
age 6 might like.
We are doing Le Cellier for lunch, we have already tried Chef's
of France (loved it) Roses and Crown (so so but great view),
Teppanyaki (good) and Coral Reef (ok). What are we missing?

Is Marrakesh a good choice or should we try something else
or maybe do Le Cellier for dinner and something else for lunch.
My family likes two sit down meals a day

Thanks for your help.
Wintermom

I ventured into this one on my last trip, and was almost reluctant upon entering. Actually, scratch that. I was definitely reluctant. I walked up, looked at the menu outside skeptically, considered several entres, then walked away, went to look at a few other places, came back, looked at this one again... I swear, I don't remember ever debating so much before a meal! In the end, I wound up going in... and loving it! Can't wait to go back this year!

The food was fantastic, and I loved the atmosphere. The restaurant is beautiful, the service friendly, and there was a band playing and later a belly dancer! It was really a great time. One note: I don't know if this is always the case or not, but I was kinda chilly (of course, I was wearing shorts and a short-sleeved shirt). It felt like the air-conditioning was on super-high.

But I say go for it, especially if it's this or someplace you've already tried!

Richard

... I can't remember what they're called, but there's an appetizer which is spicy beef in a pastry topped with cinnamon, I think it is. I was skeptical, but it turned out to be one of my favorite new taste sensations!

Richard

I like the chicken version of that appetizer- yummy!

Here's a little description of the two from the menu on WDWIG:
Beef Brewat Rolls - Layers of thin pastry stuffed with seasoned minced beef, fried and sprinkled with cinnamon and powdered sugar $5.95

Chicken Bastilla - Baked layers of thin pastry stuffed with minced chicken and almonds, sprinkled with cinnamon and powdered sugar $5.95

(You can check out the rest of that listing here.)

We enjoy Restaurant Marrakesh- the atmosphere is fun, the entertainment entertaining, and the food pretty unique!

We like it, but don't go on every trip or make a special effort to include it in our dining plans. The food is somewhat tasty and the quality is good, but Bistro de Paris, Les Chefs de France and Coral Reef are better in our opinions. Our service is usually excellent, though, and the show is fun to watch.

I can eat beef brewat rolls until I am stuffed!!! I really like eating here. I get the sampler platter with the chicken skewers, beef brewat rolls, bastilla, rice and cous cous. Beautiful place to eat. If you like the beef brewat rolls they have a similar though much larger version on the appetizer list at Jiko at the AKL.

Thanks everyone,

This sounds like we should give it a try!
Just reading about the food here is making me hungry.

Wintermom

Great food and great atmosphere! We tried them at lunch and LOVED it! We had a large group (10 adults and 4 kids) and no PS but they set up a huge table and made us feel totally welcome!

......and....the floor show........
Watching my younger brother dance with the
bellyemoticon.gif
belly dancers was priceless!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter