What's the sitch with moving walkways at WDW?

anagantios

Earning My Ears
I have some q's about the moving walkways at WDW. Where are they? How long/big are they? Do you have to use them to get on to most rides? Do they turn them off/slow them down if you have a service dog or make you take another route with the dog? Do you need a DAS to slow them down or will they just do it if you ask? Is there always another route to take or do you have to be able to get on them if you want to ride a ride?

I'm just wondering because my dog is very good on moving platforms like subways and boats and elevators, etc but I'm not sure how she will react to stepping on/off a constantly moving walkway, as we've never done it before. There's a good chance she won't care but I don't want to get up to a ride just to have her baulk at the last minute, so I thought having a bit more knowledge about them would help us plan and not worry! Thanks!

Post 28 in the disAbilities FAQ thread (here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=595713) is about moving walkways.

Generally speaking, the walkways can be slowed or stopped at most rides except Peter Pan and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover. Just request this of the first CM you meet at any ride; don't wait until you are at the boarding area as that CM may not have the controls.

Enjoy your vacation!

You don't need a DAS to slow the moving walkways; it is a situation where you ask at the attraction.

Oh, haha I probably should of checked the FAQ! Silly me, I used the search and wondered why I couldn't find anything on them. Thank you, that is very helpful.

IMHO dogs (and other animals walking) should not be on escalators or moving walkways. Too much of a chance of getting a foot caught.

Yes, I have seen a dog with his foot caught in an escalator (The escalator was stopped at the time I saw it).

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/disney.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter