What's the scariest movie you've seen?

Poltergeist

My DH always says that the Exorcist is the scariest movie he has ever seen.

Kimberle said:
Cheaper by the Dozen :scared1:

Funny!! :rotfl2:

I can't remember every detail in "The Exorcist", but the little bits and pieces I do remember have wounded me for life. :scared:

ahutton said:
For me Prince of Darkness is the all-time creepiest movie!
I thought I would be the only one who thought of this one! But in reality, it is a tie between Prince of Darkness and The Serpent and the Rainbow.

The Ring terrified me, and I watched it at home with my boyfriend in the middle of the day! Can't imagine having had to have seen it in the proper "horror movie" ambience.

Said boyfriend then, unbeknownst to me, installed the "official" Ring screensaver on my laptop; I about had a stroke when it went off the first time.
seek.gif

"The Shining" scared the daylights out of me when I was a teen. I really don't watch too many scary movies anymore - I've seen the "Sixth Sense" and "Signs" and don't really consider them scary. The last movie that I saw that really creeped me out was "Dead Ringers". The ending was just so disturbing. "The Hitcher", an 80's (I think) movie with C. Thomas Howell, also gave me nightmares for some time!

Disney1fan2002 said:
JAWS...I saw it when I was 9 years old in the drive in. I had my feet up on the seat the whole time, and if I was so caught up in the movie, and realized my feet slipped to the floor, I freaked out.

The funny thing was, whenever the music started, my 14 yr old brother left to g to the bathroom!

I saw Jaws for the first time when I was maybe 8-9 or so at a "swim-in" movie my swim team hosted for everybody. (They rented a big projection screen and had it out on the pool deck while we all watched from in the water.) I loved it. My brother, on the other hand, was terrified and, to this day, will not go out in the ocean in water that's more than 3 feet deep. Did I mention that he was also a competitive swimmer and played water polo all through college? :laughing: ;)

the grudge...i saw it the other day and it totally freaked me out...i've seen a lot of scary movies too...

Sorry, can't narrow it down to just one:

1. The Changeling (1980) - the thinking person's horror movie
2. The Legend of Hell House (1974)
3. Black Christmas aka Stranger in the House (1974)
4. The Innocents (1961)

None of these are bloody - just suspense and terror. Enjoy! :teeth:

I can't tolerate any scary movies at all. I had to watch The Ring because my best friend from high school had a part in it, but I had to wait for it to come to HBO, then mute and fast forward until her scenes came up, and even then I watched through my fingers - at 3 in the afternoon on a bright sunny day!

The Ring -my pre-teen kids think it's the worse because their Mom(me) had an evil streak hit her and dialed our number after the show-My daughter went running :earseek: and my son freaked :earseek: looked at the caller ID and it was blank-I'm sooo naughty-but I did get the best laugh ever :rotfl: :rotfl2:

As the mother of a 10 year old girl, I'd say the scariest thing I've seen lately is the movie "Thirteen".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter