What's the one thing I shouldn't miss...Disney Dream

SameNameAsYou

Earning My Ears
So I have a while, my cruise isn't until next year. What is the one thing I shouldn't miss or have to try? Also I've been to Nassau once and didn't do any excursions. I wasn't impressed, I was actually put off by all the pushy aggressive people around the port. We did a little shopping and got back on the ship. This cruise is on my birthday, so we might do an excursion. What do you suggest?

The spa. I highly recommend buying a Rainforest Pass and enjoy the time relaxing. We always love skipping the sail away party and going straight to the spa since we don't have kids and have seen it once before.

I haven't been there yet, but I can't wait to check out Pink, the champagne bar on the Dream!

And I was told to also check out Meridian bar at the back of the ship, deck 12, for the gorgeous views.

The spa. I highly recommend buying a Rainforest Pass and enjoy the time relaxing. We always love skipping the sail away party and going straight to the spa since we don't have kids and have seen it once before.

We have done 3 cruises onboard the Dream and are yet to explore the Spa and rainforest area, I can't wait to try them out next cruise which is going to be a back to back again!

I would also highly recommend the Aquaduck, my sister would also recommend seeing Believe, the show performed on the last night of the sailing, The pirate buffet after the Pirate Deck party in cabanas, and the Sailing Away Party show.

We have done 3 cruises onboard the Dream and are yet to explore the Spa and rainforest area, I can't wait to try them out next cruise which is going to be a back to back again!

I would also highly recommend the Aquaduck, my sister would also recommend seeing Believe, the show performed on the last night of the sailing, The pirate buffet after the Pirate Deck party in cabanas, and the Sailing Away Party show.
Agreed - the Aquaduck is awesome. Try to ride it at night!

We really enjoyed the Skyline bar as well and also enjoyed Pink... the only disappointment for us going from the Dream to the Wonder is the bar area, I think the bar area is far superior on the bigger ships... they didn't have satellite falls on the Dream the last time we went so I am eager to check it out this time around.

I love the Skyline lounge on the Dream/Fantasy.

This is also my favorite bar to hang out at!

My favorite spot on the ship is satellite falls. It's adults only and very serene.

I like spending the evening hours here, . When I am not in Skyline!

We checked out Meridian right before our Remy dinner, and it was incredibly calm with the most amazing 180° aft view.

Great spot to have a drink; with a view. My wife and I also stopped by Meridian early; before our Remy Brunch reservation. We each got a drink while we waited for our name to be called and decided to get the champagne pairing with our meal. Feeling very good when we were done with our meal.

It's great reading these suggestions! I'm researching this so much but it's still so far away!

We did the Dessert Experience in Remy and it was amazing!!! Since I'm not a fan of French food, it was a great opportunity to experience the restaurant.

We got back from the Dream this month (B2B) and the first time we went on was 2013. I didn't get to check out Satellite falls, was too busy with other things but DH did and he said it was cool. We were really glad we dedicated time to the aquadunk before the lines got bad, I would definitely recommend that. First time we checked out Meridian and the beautiful patio (it's smoking but beautiful). We loved Palo brunch and dinner. The pirate show is better on the Dream than the classic ships imo and so was glad to be able to see that again and am grateful everyone sits down so everyone can see (unlike the classic ships were everyone stands). I wish we could have spent more time in the adults only areas but we were just so busy, felt like we ran out of time. It was such a great trip, no matter what you do you'll have a great time! Enjoy!

Also I've been to Nassau once and didn't do any excursions. I wasn't impressed, I was actually put off by all the pushy aggressive people around the port

Welcome to the Caribbean. Er, Bahamas. :)

Just say "no". I've stopped saying "no thank you" because being extra polite just gives the businesspeople hope that you'll change your mind. Continue walking, engage with your group, say "no", and walk on. They are trying to make a living by selling you tours, braids, etc. some will buy. Don't waste their time (or yours) by listening to a sales pitch you know you'll say no to. Let them move on to the next person who might say yes. :)

Welcome to the Caribbean. Er, Bahamas. :)

Just say "no". I've stopped saying "no thank you" because being extra polite just gives the businesspeople hope that you'll change your mind. Continue walking, engage with your group, say "no", and walk on. They are trying to make a living by selling you tours, braids, etc. some will buy. Don't waste their time (or yours) by listening to a sales pitch you know you'll say no to. Let them move on to the next person who might say yes. :)

Yep. Just a firm "No" and keep walking. I've also been known to just walk by and not even say "No" just ignore completely. (I get a lot of practice at that in NYC between the beggars, the street vendors (pictures, etc. - not the food, though they will occasionally call out), and the people trying to sell "memberships" to organizations and such. I've also been known here to whip out the phone when I see those petition people ahead (pulling the phone out when it's well before they could hear it ring - and make sure it's on silent so it won't ring aloud as I pass) and have a conversation with myself - but I'm not sure I'd do that in Nassau.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter