What's the most awesome hotel window view you've ever had; anywhere?

Views similar to these. Hong Kong Island taken from Kowloon side of harbor.

kvecn0318s.jpg
hong-kong-view-from-victoria-harbour-picture-id624880252

Come to think of it, but it wasn't necessarily a hotel room. We stayed in a condo on the Big Island. Don't remember the name, but I booked it with credit card points. All condos there overlooked the shore, which was rocky with black lava rock.

I guess some places we stayed in Vegas had views. I thought maybe staying at the Grand Hyatt in Manhattan there might be views, but basically were on the 8th floor and couldn't see anything except the next building.

I don’t have a picture because it was back in the days before digital images but the best view for me was an ocean front hotel in Sydney. We literally crossed the street to swim in the Pacific.

In Florence, our apartment was across the street from the side of The Duomo. And the street wasn't that wide. We could see it from one end to the other and listening to the bells was beautiful The apartment was sooooo old and had frescoes throughout, as well as wooden ceilings. I loved it.

I think since I'm from Philly, our view from the Ritz Carlton was cool just because I could identify every street & landmark. It's in center city and I could see pretty far north & south from our room, I don't remember which floor but we were pretty high up.

It's the opposite of what you asked for, but I think castle view at the Contemporary was the most disappointing view. I thought my almost-4-year-old was going to be so excited but the castle looks so tiny that she was more impressed by Astro Orbiter.

Last year we had a really nice view of Pikes Peak (Colorado) outside our hotel room. I think I liked that so much because we don't usually do that type of vacation. Since we are usually beach people it was so nice to see something completely different. Looking forward to more vacations like that in the future.

Overlooking Central Park West from Mayflower on the Park hotel in NYC. I remember waking up to the sounds of the city and watching people beginning to scurry about in the park. Quite fun!

At Disney, from the back of the Hawaii building overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon. I remember laying in bed watching Cinderella’s Castle changing colors, yet it totally being peaceful and quiet - Magical! We were just watching video from that trip recently.

Although we've stayed a much nicer hotels (no way are WDW deluxe actual 4-stars), I have to grudgingly admit nothing has ever compared to opening the drapes at AKL and feeling like I was eye-to-eye with a couple of giraffes. :lovestruc
I think I'm with you on this. Last May we stayed at AKV in a 2 bedroom villa. We were in a sweet spot as there were animals all the time(previous stays had been less impressive.) The balcony ran the full length of the two rooms so it was roomy and comfortable.

I am thouroughly enjoying the posts and photos in this thread. Two of my own come to mind. Very different views!

In July, 2012, 23rd floor 1 bedroom suite in newly opened Setai hotel on 5th avenue in a 1 bedroom with kitchen and laundry suite. The unit had multiple ceiling to floor windows on the living room/ bedroom side with a view of the Empire State in the foreground and the rest of Manhattan in the background. I only sprang for 3 nights there but seeing the ESB all lit up at night and listening to jazz playing in the sound system in the dreamy bed was memorable. There also were ceiling to floor windows (with blinds lol) in the giant bathroom facing the Chrysler building. Quite a sight at sunset. We have back to NYC a number of times, since our daughter moved to NYC in 2012. Had other good views from the LES and Chelsea, but this one was the best.

My second was what I call a million dollar view from the unit I rented at the Panama City beach Carillion development in the Florida panhandle last August. We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary there. Another memorable view. We are going back as soon as we can swing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter