What's the latest you'd go in March?

Sheric68

Earning My Ears
DD and I would like to take my mom to Disney for 5 days. She hasn't been in 15 years and I know she would have a great time. We just decided to do this yesterday (DH's idea for my mom for her birthday). Anyhow, we want to go either early March or in May. I really want to avoid the Spring break crowds. I figure if we go in March we can take advantage of the 5 day pass for 3 day price and get the $150 gift card for staying at DLH. I think we'd also get a kids fly free ticket.

So I have a few questions. We'd like to go Wed-Sun. If we go March 12th-16th are we getting too close to spring break or should we hit it right before the breaks start? Or would you wait and go May 7-11 or May 14-18?

Thanks!

I'd wait for May, unless you can go a week earlier in March. Those dates you listed in March are Spring Break for many AZ schools.

I'd wait for May, unless you can go a week earlier in March. Those dates you listed in March are Spring Break for many AZ schools.

Not for down here in the southern half. Although, we're going that week anyway. =)

We did the second week of March last year...right after the park time change so it was the first week the park was open later hours. It wasn't bad at all. This year we're doing the first week of March and I'm guessing it will be close to the same. Anything after the second week I would think would be insane. That said....if you can't go within the first week and a half I say wait till May.

We're doing March 9th - 13th, I really hope the crowds aren't bad. Of course, we have no real choice, we're piggybacking onto a work conference my husband has to attend in San Diego the weekend before. I hope since the bulk of our time will be during the week, we'll be okay.

I wouldn't go at all in March because of spring break it varies and spans through March.

I think your looking better for May dates, really. Spring breaks will all be over and it should just be pretty normal attendance. Busier on the weekends, I think. But during the week should still be pretty nice.

Orange County schools typically make sure their Spring break coincides with Easter. At least Orange Unified and Anaheim Union do.

That's usually when our Spring break is (I'm in Mesa, AZ) but this year it is March 17-21 so you would be there right before. Can't speak for the rest of AZ though....:confused3

We are going during Spring Break here in WA.

Our Spring Break is the first week of April and we leave on the 29th and will be at Disney for 5 nights (Leave Saturday, return on Thursday).

My fingers are crossed that the crowds won't be too terribly awful, but I am sure we will enjoy everything nonetheless!
:)

we did it the week of st patricks day last year(not sure on the dates)

And it was pretty empty...

The last day there there was a lot of cheerleaders...

But That week is i'm pretty sure my spring break so i would advise going in may or at an earlyer time

I'm from the Phoenix area and when I was in school that was the usual time we had spring break. I went one year with my mom, we drove monday, went to the park tues-thurs, and came back friday and it wasn't too crowded for spring break. There were quite a few people there, but it wasn't anything compared to summer or christmas/new years time. We had to wait some, but if you're going for 5 days you will have plenty of time to get stuff done. We were there for 3 and were at a loss for the 3rd day and just went crazy going between parks and stuff. It was fun though :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter