What's the funniest thing a cast member has ever said to you?

First I have one from during the marathon. I like to do the character Meet and Greets along the race route. And in the midst of MK they had out Tiana, Naveen, and Louis. So I stop to get a picture. Now it should be noted I'm wearing Tinkerbell wings but not much else in way of costume other than normal running clothes. It should also be noted that the CMs doing these Meet and Greet don't really talk to the runners usually so the four or so times I've have character interactions during the races I remember them quiet well. In this case Naveen decided since I was wearing wings I must have some sort of magic resulting in the following comment. Basically I don't remember the exact words but he was asking for some magic pixie dust to help solve his problems. I didn't say anything (there's only one case where I have replied to a character interaction mid race and that was due to a direct question (yes more direct than Naveen asking for pixie dust, I had an Eric from the Feb trip recognize me during the Princess half from the previous day's M&G actually recognize me and ask how I was doing (best memory of Disney by far))) but I was cracking up inside the entire time I was stopped for the photo. I just found his obvious fascination with getting some magical help was great and funny in a strange way.

Second is from my February trip, not during the race. I was off meeting the Cinderella step-family. And we were talking about the next day's race and they were signing my autograph book. It should be noted the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party was going on at this time on the other side of the castle from where the M&G was occurring. It should be noted that I'm not a huge parade person and was having not the easiest time concentrating with it going on in the background. And I guess the step-sisters picked up on this. Because Anastasia shortly before the picture was taken turned in the direction of the wall around the moat where you could see the floats in the castle hub, and proceeded to start yelling at them to turn it down much to my amusement. Drisella joined in almost immediately and they went on for a good few minutes with them making comments about the noise and the parade (just as a side note Lady Tremaine did not join in). :rotfl: I started laughing so hard at the entire yelling match, because it was so them yet so funny.

DD and I were on the Jungle Cruise in '07, later at night, and we get to the part with the plane crash, and the Captain says "Oh look, a plane crash. That can only mean one thing...LOST, Thurs. nights at 9 pm on ABC."

My fiancé and I got engaged during our last trip in 2010. We were wearing our Just Engaged buttons and as we were getting off PotC the CM stopped my fiancé and said "Congratulations! How many dubloons did you pay for her?"

"Please remain seated until the ride comes to a complete stop."

Spoken by a cocktail waitress at the old Catwalk Bar, as she served my tequila sunrise...

We had a dessert party in Epcot for my wedding that included an open bar (it's relevant to note that this was a "premium" package that included the top-shelf stuff.)

My sister asked the bartender for a Pabst Blue Ribbon :-)sad2:) He told her, totally dead-pan, "We don't have that. But I could pour some beer through a sock for you." :lmao::lmao::lmao:

On the Carousel of Progress, the CM was giving the "welcome/safety" spiel and ended by saying "...for those of you who are seeing this for the first time, enjoy and for those who are returning guests, enjoy your 20 min nap"

For me I'd say it was the time DH and I are walking thru Frontierland and I slipped on the wooden boardwalk and was flat out on the ground screaming at my DH to help me up. AS I did my "performance" a group of manger Cm's was walking towards us, one of them had heart to say if I wanted to be in show there was better ways to get in.

We were riding the trolly back to the parking lot from MK and the driver was halarious. When we were going down the little hill he would say "everybody put your hands up and scream as we go down the steepest drop today" I can;t remeber everything he said but I remember laughing the entire way back to the car.

I was in Epcot meeting the characters with my family(fiance, son and my parents) When we got around to Goofy I was super excited because he's my favorite. He signed my sons book and got a picture with him then I had my fiance come and meet him with me. We took to regular group photo then Goofy posed all of us. My fiance had his arms crossed, my son was watching and Goofy had me kiss him. The first picture we looked all a little confused then the second all our emotions came out, fiance looks rather upset, my son looks really confused and in awe of whats going on and I'm kissing Goofy away. Then Goofy grabs me by the arm and starts walking with me out the door...then the handlers called him back :( One of the best memories and pictures of our trip :) Needless to say...Goofy has made his mark and has made sure he stays my favorite :D

*It should be noted that I am quite easily embarrassed. That said...*

On my very first trip to the world as an adult, I was riding Jungle Cruise for the first time, and our skipper was very... into his role. I was seated right beside him of course (at his left elbow), and just about every quip and comment was directed to moi. He nudged me a lot and was just very over the top. In retrospect I should have really enjoyed this lol. Nowadays I would! But then... no lol.

The best/worst part of all was when we were pulling back to the dock the CM turns to me and asks me if it's my first trip to WDW (I say yes) and then what my fav ride in the park has been so far. I honestly answered Splash (hadn't rode SM yet). He dead-stops the boat, gets up in my face, and very seriously asks me AGAIN what my fav ride is. Realizing my egregious error I quickly reply Jungle Cruise, to which he responds, "Good. Now I can let you off the boat."

Awesome story in retrospect lol, but it took me a long time to ride Jungle Cruise again! :rotfl:

I was at Hollywood inn vine one time with my parents ( I was about 11) and I asked our waiter where the bathroom was. He then told me go out the door take a right go out the park over to the boats get on the boat take it to Epcot and there is one right as you enter Epcot on the left with a straight face. Then I said the closest one? And he said oh right here and pointed to the hallway on our left

At HS at the beginning of May, as the promotion for "Brave" was starting to build - my boyfriend and I were waiting for the Animation Academy class, and CM Tom managing the door was explaining the correct way to pronounce Merida's name:

"Any time you can't remember how to pronounce the new princess's name, just think about what people from California say when you ask their relationship status - 'Married, duh!'"

I thought that this funny....

Back in June my DH and I took our niece and 2 nephews to the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney for dinner. My 8yo niece ordered a the steak off the adult menu and ate most of it plus the masked potatoes that came with it. The rest of us were all stuffed from dinner. The server came around and asked if anyone wanted dessert. My niece the proceeded to ask for the Volcano. She had seen it on the menu and had seen it in person several times at the tables around us. (For those that don't know the Volcano is a large dessert made of chocolate cake and icecream that is designed to feed multiple people). Well, our server looked at her and said "Sweety, that's a 3lb dessert and it is bathing suit season. I suggest you find something a little smaller".

My DH and I just about fell out of our chairs. For once, my niece was at a loss for words.

For what its worth, we went to Goofy's Candy Company and got rice krispy treats for dessert!

I thought that this funny....

Back in June my DH and I took our niece and 2 nephews to the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney for dinner. My 8yo niece ordered a the steak off the adult menu and ate most of it plus the masked potatoes that came with it. The rest of us were all stuffed from dinner. The server came around and asked if anyone wanted dessert. My niece the proceeded to ask for the Volcano. She had seen it on the menu and had seen it in person several times at the tables around us. (For those that don't know the Volcano is a large dessert made of chocolate cake and icecream that is designed to feed multiple people). Well, our server looked at her and said "Sweety, that's a 3lb dessert and it is bathing suit season. I suggest you find something a little smaller".

My DH and I just about fell out of our chairs. For once, my niece was at a loss for words.

For what its worth, we went to Goofy's Candy Company and got rice krispy treats for dessert!

:lmao: Awesome! I want that server when I'm next there :teeth:

DH, DS and I were dressed in matching tie dye t-shirts. We went to see the Muppets at DHS and we were the only one in the theater. When the CM was giving the usual "no eating, drinking, smoking or flash photography" speech, she changed it up slightly and said "To avoid annoying the tie dye person next to you, please refrain from eating. . ."

The funniest character interaction we had was at the Villians dinner at Grand Floridian. King John came over to us and saw DH's bald head. He then pretended to pull some of his fur off of his arm and rubbed it onto DH's head. He had to do it twice before I figured out what he was doing but then I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants!

The funniest from our last trip was at TOT. We were in the basement waiting to board the elevator when the CMs, in a very creepy voice started asking for a party of one. When no one volunteered they asked for "any family member you don't want", I quickly shoved my 17 yr old dd toward them. Then opened the gates and started beckoning her out saying all kinds of things to coax her into the waiting elevator. Of course they were really creepy and we were all cracking up. She of course hid behind me and wouldn't go. We still crack up at that, she didn't find it as funny as we did.

Last year at MNSSHP, we were at a M&G for Donald and Daisy. The kids got their autographs and Daisy waved me and DH over for a group shot. Well, she started flirting with DH - rubbing his arm, tilting her head at him, just really playing it up. Donald was not happy! He came over and got between DH and Daisy and started pointing his finger at DH. It was great and the whole sequence was caught by the PhotoPass photographer. :rotfl:

On Kilimanjaro Safari last year, the driver stopped the tram because there was an ostrich in the road, not moving, like a statue. All of a sudden, the ostrich steps to the side of the tram and, in full view of everyone, lifts his tailfeathers and drops a gigantic #2 right there, with sounds effects and everything.

Without missing a beat, the driver matter-of-factly says "For those of you wondering if our animals are real, there's your proof".

I was explaining to the kids about George on POTC and how the CMs have a superstition to say good morning to him to keep the ride running smoothly.

I asked one of the CMs if he had indeed said Good Morning to George and he responded "Yes, and as you can see the ride is moving so he hasn't said hello to us. Let's hope it stays that way."

And of course the Pooh on your shirt commment. Also enjoyed Donald having a fit when DS told him that he was quite easily his third favorite Cabellero

So many moments...
But I think one of the best that sticks is one late evening trip on the Jungle Cruise. Our boat only had about three groups on it when we set off. After getting attacked by the head hunters and going to the back side of water We found the next boat just sitting with nothing but two Cast members on it. One was standing there with the gun in his hand whle the other was drapped over the side of the boat "dead". Our skipper didn't miss a beat and screamed out "Stacy no!!! How could you?" The skipper then kept it together and went on until we were going through the temple where she almost died laughing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter