Whats the Difference between Cabanas and Topsiders?

We'll be sailing on the Magic soon and have heard their buffet, Topsiders, is different that that of Cabanas on the Fantasy/Dream. What I don't understand is the difference between the 2??? :confused3

Big difference in food choices. Some choices at Topsiders but not a big variety. Cabanas has a much wider variety of food choices.

Agreed with PP.

Much much more variety at Cabanas.

Topsiders and BBB remind me of a very limited K&W cafeteria.
Cabanas reminds me of a bountiful Vegas buffet with action stations.

Better seating options at Cabanas overall.
Smaller outdoor areas on Dream class ships - and it may just be my memory but Fantasy seemed even smaller than Dream.

UGH. :furious: I hate this. hate hate hate this.

And no, I do not want to hear how you *need* a place to sit and you are in pain and you can't chance not having a table.. blah blah. I have two children, I'm pregnant and have bad knees .. I can still wait in freaking line. The queues are set up so that the lines move and the tables turn. People that snag a table 20 minutes before their family even gets through the line screw up the entire system.
Sorry if you don't like that some snag tables. So you can stand through the line, others can't. I use a walker or wheelchair and frankly it gets in the way of others in line if I am trying to handle a tray, serve myself and steer my wheelchair. Leads to running over peoples feet which is not fun. You really want up to 500 ponds of weight clipping your ankles or rolling over your feet. I grab a table and my husband gets food for me unless the lines are really short. Then I will use the chair or walk short distances.

Sorry if you don't like that some snag tables. So you can stand through the line, others can't. I use a walker or wheelchair and frankly it gets in the way of others in line if I am trying to handle a tray, serve myself and steer my wheelchair. Leads to running over peoples feet which is not fun. You really want up to 500 ponds of weight clipping your ankles or rolling over your feet. I grab a table and my husband gets food for me unless the lines are really short. Then I will use the chair or walk short distances.

I get that it's easier for some folks. You'll see I clarified later that it's really the people who very obviously don't want to chance not having a table that cut the line to grab a seat that get me upset.

However I grew up with a parent that has cerebral palsy and could not carry a tray (or even walk without a walker or wheelchair). He never sat down and held a table .. he came through the line with all of us and a family member carried his plate/tray for him. So I know from personal experience that a disability, even a serious one, does not automatically mean you cannot use the line like everyone else. Frankly, as someone who has the privilege of being able to walk, keeping my ankles and feet out of the way of your wheels is my responsibility. Plus, you even said .. if the line is short you will use the chair or walk. So -- you choose not to use the chair or walk if the line is long. SO its a convenience issue for you as well.

Anyone recall seeing corned beef has in Topsiders on the Magic? It's my DH's favorite thing on the Dream and Fantasy. If it's not available every day, I'd better prepare him for the disappointment. Seriously, it's _that_ important to him. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter