What's the Big Deal With Staying On Property Anyway? *Goodbyes* 12/17 p.114

Can I join in? I'm a '72 baby but I am married to a Chuck also! Can that count?:lmao:

Will go back & check out the PTR in a few. Doesn't everyone take that many movies on a car trip?:)

Great trip so far! Haven't those hand dryers have been around for years? (well at least when I've traveled to Oregon & Florida and when I lived in WV 7 years ago and now in VA). Some restroom facilities have put back in the paper towels along with the hand dryers because some people complained about them. (My cousin owns a chain of restaurants and due to popular demand, he had to reinstall the paper towels along side the blow dryer one.)

I had to use one to dry my top in an airport back in 2003 when I spilled tea right before boarding a plane and I thought that thing was going to blow me across the room!! :lmao:

:rotfl: I love the guy in the video I linked to - he acts like his hands are going to be sucked into the dryer! :lmao:

After doing a little research, I guess these dryers have been around for quite a few years, but I think as everyone is trying to "Go Green" now, they're becoming more popular. According to the site I found, it only takes 10 - 15 seconds to dry your hands using one of these machines and it uses 80% less energy than the older hand dryers.

Wow - never knew we'd all learn so much about hand dryers in this report! :rolleyes1

Can I join in? I'm a '72 baby but I am married to a Chuck also! Can that count?:lmao:

Will go back & check out the PTR in a few. Doesn't everyone take that many movies on a car trip?:)

:welcome: Another Chuck! That's at least three dhs named Chuck in here - this could get confusing. ;)

Glad to have you join us Kayte (is that pronounced Kate or Katie?). :goodvibes

:rotfl2: that dryer is crazy. I will have to look for one in October.

That was a lot of dvd's.

Glad you started, looking forward to more.

I love those hand dryers!! I'm too impatient to stand around waiting for the regular kind to dry my hands. :rolleyes1 They have them at the new movie theater near us. Don't they blow the water off? I don't remember them sucking - and actually I remember how gross the wall looked under the dryers from all the water. My kids don't like them at all - too loud!

That's hilarious that someone actually posted a video on youtube!

Off to a great start so far - I hope the migraine cleared up before you had to run from the tornado!

OK so I had to go do some research... Apparently the Dyson dryer blows air at 400 mph!! :scared1:

I find those blow dryers funny! But did not know they could blow at 400mph....crazy!

I have those same crocs and that red color nailpolish looks great with them. Will have to remember that for summer!

:rotfl2: that dryer is crazy. I will have to look for one in October.

That was a lot of dvd's.

Glad you started, looking forward to more.

Everyone's going to start getting pictures and videos of themselves using one of those dryers! :rotfl:

I love those hand dryers!! I'm too impatient to stand around waiting for the regular kind to dry my hands. :rolleyes1 They have them at the new movie theater near us. Don't they blow the water off? I don't remember them sucking - and actually I remember how gross the wall looked under the dryers from all the water. My kids don't like them at all - too loud!

That's hilarious that someone actually posted a video on youtube!

Off to a great start so far - I hope the migraine cleared up before you had to run from the tornado!

Yeah - I guess they are blowing air, not sucking. My bad. And they ARE loud!

OK so I had to go do some research... Apparently the Dyson dryer blows air at 400 mph!! :scared1:

Wow! Thanks for keeping the information coming Amy! :rotfl:

I find those blow dryers funny! But did not know they could blow at 400mph....crazy!

I have those same crocs and that red color nailpolish looks great with them. Will have to remember that for summer!

Thanks! I love the Cleo Crocs. They're so comfy and they don't really look like Crocs. :rolleyes1

Tell Sully to feel better, too! DD has some kind of stomach bug--both ends. :scared:

Now that you mentioned the dryers that blow really hard, I think we encountered one in SC. I remember because I was in shock watching the skin on my hand blow in waves-- I thought "OMG, this makes me look like I have my grandma's hands already!"

Tell Sully to feel better, too! DD has some kind of stomach bug--both ends. :scared:

Now that you mentioned the dryers that blow really hard, I think we encountered one in SC. I remember because I was in shock watching the skin on my hand blow in waves-- I thought "OMG, this makes me look like I have my grandma's hands already!"

I hate those kinds of bugs!

Yes! Skin blowing in waves is exactly right. :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

Who knew I'd get an education in hand-dryer technology on your TR?? And they say we "waste" our time on the DISboards...please...it's like a continuing education course! Do we get credits for this Carissa? :rotfl:

Who knew I'd get an education in hand-dryer technology on your TR?? And they say we "waste" our time on the DISboards...please...it's like a continuing education course! Do we get credits for this Carissa? :rotfl:

:rotfl: Yes! You get travel credits. :thumbsup2 At the end of this report you may turn your credits in and receive a "I'm a World Traveler" certificate. :teacher:

Woohooo!! You've started.

So did you ever figure out what stopped traffic?

No - there was nothing ahead that would cause the traffic to stop, which is why we think the police car was just keeping traffic back for someone or something up ahead. After just a short while, he pulled off and we were able to go normal speed again.

I think I first encountered those dryers at SciFi Diner or some place else at WDW. I love them. They save the environment, but what are they doing to our hearing. They are so loud.

By the way, would you think it was strange to watch someone carry a camera into a rest stop bathroom? But as I am typing this, my camera is always around my neck when I go in the bathroom at WDW.

I want a pair of those Crocs. Need to keep an eye out for them.

Sorry Sully is sick. Hope he gets to feeling better soon.pixiedust:

Great beginning, CARISSA!!! :mickeyjum

IMG_2862.jpg

LOVE your TOENAILS!!! :love: LOVE the CLEOS!!! :love:

OREO is ADORABLE!!! :cat: Perfect name!!! :goodvibes

Sorry about your migraine!! Not fun at all. :sad1: Hope it didn't last too long.

Ahhh, I have NOT seen the Xlerator BUT I did see the Dyson Airblade last time I flew out of Providence/Green Airport.......that was so wicked cool. Sounded like one of the PLANE's engines when it started up....about 3 seconds later your hands are completely DRY! :yay:

I think I first encountered those dryers at SciFi Diner or some place else at WDW. I love them. They save the environment, but what are they doing to our hearing. They are so loud.

By the way, would you think it was strange to watch someone carry a camera into a rest stop bathroom? But as I am typing this, my camera is always around my neck when I go in the bathroom at WDW.

I want a pair of those Crocs. Need to keep an eye out for them.

Sorry Sully is sick. Hope he gets to feeling better soon.pixiedust:

I wouldn't think it odd to see someone take a camera into the bathroom. But, I might think it odd to see someone taking pictures in the bathroom. :rolleyes1

OREO is ADORABLE!!! :cat: Perfect name!!! :goodvibes

Connor actually named her before we even knew what color she was!

After looking at your signature I've decided I need some Sox and Pats pictures in mine. ;)

Glad you're here Melody (I mean Pam!! :rotfl: )! :goodvibes

Yea!!!!!

We're on our way....

Nice start Carissa

Did you ever find out if the President was the cause of the traffic?

Chuck got the official orders today! And it looks like they're giving him until June 22nd to report to school in Florida. He'll detach from here in May and then he can take up to 30 days of leave. This means he can be here for all three of the boys' birthdays AND help us move to Virginia before he leaves! :thumbsup2 That way he can get all of our electronic stuff set up for us. ;)

So, that means in just about 2 months we'll be moving! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter