What's the Big Deal With Staying On Property Anyway? *Goodbyes* 12/17 p.114

Welcome home Carissa! Or should I call you Car. ;) vroom, vroom!

I'm here and excited!!! :cool1:

Now the TR can officially begin cause you're here! :hug:

You should definitely call me Carissa. ;) The nickname Car was given to me by friends on another message board. There's a story behind the name, although I bet some of them don't even remember how it got started!

:welcome: I've seen you around! :goodvibes What are the ages of your children? I probably shouldn't tell you this, but having the third pushed me over the edge into insanity. :rolleyes1 I'm sure it had something to do with them all being only 2 years apart AND my youngest was not an easy baby or toddler. Things are much easier now. :thumbsup2

Yep, I think we haunt many of the same TRs! :)

My kids are 4 and a half, 3 as of tomorrow :scared1: and I am due in September with 3.0. The first two were planned and 20 months apart. That was rough, but I loved it. This one was unplanned and I can already feel that it's pushing me over the edge. Looking forward to reading more about your family vacation!

Count me in! :happytv: I am ready to hear how you liked it on property. I went several times off property when I was younger but I don't think I ever really experienced the "World" unitl we (my family) stayed on property.

Hi Carissa!! Yay you have started. Your postcard came today, I was so excited, thank you so much!!!:cheer2: I was having a serious case of the Mondays and your pixie dust totally brightened my day :) Can't wait to read more about the trip!!

I'm in I might not be 35:scared1:(I wish!)
But I am an Aussie and I know Carissa :love: us regardless of age

Holy Crap Carissa! I cannot believe this report is on page 4 already!:worship::worship: I am here and ready for the festivities to begin! Yes, you should try and stay at 35...I however forgot to and well let's just say that this year was the last birthday I am celebrating:rolleyes1, I am 39!:scared1:

Yep, I think we haunt many of the same TRs! :)

My kids are 4 and a half, 3 as of tomorrow :scared1: and I am due in September with 3.0. The first two were planned and 20 months apart. That was rough, but I loved it. This one was unplanned and I can already feel that it's pushing me over the edge. Looking forward to reading more about your family vacation!

Well, here's hoping # 3 is a happy, easy baby for you. :thumbsup2

Count me in! :happytv: I am ready to hear how you liked it on property. I went several times off property when I was younger but I don't think I ever really experienced the "World" unitl we (my family) stayed on property.

:welcome: I really didn't feel like we were missing anything by staying off property (except the towel animals :lmao: ). But, we'll see if my opinion changed. :rolleyes1

Hey - Do I get to be in the club? I'm a 1973 35er! :rotfl:

Sure! You're older than me!! :goodvibes Chuck is a 1973 baby too. He's only six months older than me, but I remind him of that often. ;)

Why me, of course! :laughing:

Good answer!! :rotfl2:

Hi Carissa!! Yay you have started. Your postcard came today, I was so excited, thank you so much!!!:cheer2: I was having a serious case of the Mondays and your pixie dust totally brightened my day :) Can't wait to read more about the trip!!

I'm so glad to hear that Lauren! :goodvibes

I'm in I might not be 35:scared1:(I wish!)
But I am an Aussie and I know Carissa :love: us regardless of age

It's great to see you again! :goodvibes And yes - I love all Aussies - regardless of age! ;)

Holy Crap Carissa! I cannot believe this report is on page 4 already!:worship::worship: I am here and ready for the festivities to begin! Yes, you should try and stay at 35...I however forgot to and well let's just say that this year was the last birthday I am celebrating:rolleyes1, I am 39!:scared1:

I'm sure as I get closer to 40 I won't care as much. A funny note that I'll probably forget to mention in my TR - I was getting my photo taken somewhere by photopass and I had a special birthday photopass card. The photographer asked who was celebrating a birthday and when I said me, he said, "You know in Disney World, you're allowed to add the two numbers together for your age so you can be 5 instead of 23." :rotfl:

I will be posting the start of the TR shortly!

~ March 27th, 2009 ~

Friday morning dawned and with it an excited Carissa woke up early. I had to get my last moments of internet use in before I had almost no access for the week! :rolleyes1

Because I'm such a great procrastinator, I had lots to keep me busy. :thumbsup2 I finished packing, picked up the house (don't you just hate coming home to a mess?), and brought Oreo to the kennel. Those of you who read my last TR might remember that when Chuck attempted to bring our cat Josie to the kennel last time, we ran into issues with her vaccinations and had to scurry last minute to find someone to watch her.

When I got to the kennel on Friday morning, they couldn't find her reservation. :scared1: Turns out that whomever put our reservation in the system booked us a year ahead - for 2010. :sad2: Luckily, it wasn't a problem and they were still able to take her.

Here she is oblivious to the fact that we'd be taking her to stay in a small, enclosed space for 10 nights. :rolleyes1

IMG_2773.jpg

Having dropped Oreo at her kitty condo, I filled up the van with gas, and made my way home to begin loading up. Chuck, Connor, and I all ate some lunch and then it was time for me to head over to school to pick up Sully and Owen. :cool1:

Everyone took a final pit stop in the bathroom and then we were on our way! :cheer2: Here are the boys before piling into the van (don't mind the look on Sully's face - he really was excited):

IMG_2858.jpg

We were on the road by 12:15 and thankfully - no need to turn around and get forgotten Gameboys on this trip! :worship:

Are we excited??? :hyper:

IMG_2859.jpg

I started out driving since Chuck was feeling tired (he blamed me for jumping on the bed around 6:30 to wake him up - :rolleyes1 ), but after a short while I developed a migraine. Chuck ended up doing the driving for the rest of the day. Thankfully there was very little traffic around D.C. and northern Virginia. :woohoo:

Look Ma! One hand!

IMG_2861.jpg

And I had to take a picture of my freshly painted tootsies on the drive! Two hidden Mickeys! (I'm happy to report that my Mickey Heads stayed on for the entire trip. :thumbsup2 )

IMG_2862.jpg

We made a few stops at rest areas (and it wasn't just for me this trip! Owen has developed quite a small bladder - he's so much like me) and encountered those new hand dryers. Have y'all seen them yet? They're very powerful and suck the water right off your hands! I really wanted to videotape myself using one just so I could post it here, but I kept forgetting my camera. It's funny to watch your skin being pulled as it dries. Yes, I'm easily amused. ;)

(Here is a video I found on youtube that someone took of the exact dryer I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87h1mn6Xkn4 )

Somewhere on 295 around Richmond, Virginia the traffic slowed down. We could see a police car in the front keeping everyone back and then a Black Hawk helicopter flew overhead. Chuck thought maybe the President was up ahead and they were keeping cars back for security purposes. :confused3

I'm going to leave you with this picture for now. The weather began to turn a bit for us and the rain started to lightly fall.

IMG_2860.jpg

Up Next - Are We a Magnet for Tornadoes or What???

I am cracking up over the amount of DVDs that Chuck is carrying out of the house. :lmao:

I haven't experienced those hand dryers yet -- I will have to keep my eyes out for them! :rotfl:

Woo-Hoo!!!! The party begins! :banana::banana:

I'm sorry you got a migraine...what a crappy way to start a vacation. :sad2:

Can't wait to see what happens next! :surfweb:

Glad to see a quick update! I'm home today with a sick child, so I see a lot of Dis'ing here on the couch. I've very intrigued by those hand dryers--I haven't seen them. Do they vacuum the water off your hands? That just cracks me up! :rotfl2:

Can't wait till you get to Disney!

Wha...wha...what do you mean? You are going to drop that little bomb about a Tornado and leave us hanging like that:headache::sad2:popcorn::

I am cracking up over the amount of DVDs that Chuck is carrying out of the house. :lmao:

I haven't experienced those hand dryers yet -- I will have to keep my eyes out for them! :rotfl:

:rotfl: Very observant of you Jackie! I was going to comment on that, but you noticed anyway. :thumbsup2

Woo-Hoo!!!! The party begins! :banana::banana:

I'm sorry you got a migraine...what a crappy way to start a vacation. :sad2:

Can't wait to see what happens next! :surfweb:

Like I told Chuck, if I had to have a migraine on the trip, I'm glad it was on that first day.

Glad to see a quick update! I'm home today with a sick child, so I see a lot of Dis'ing here on the couch. I've very intrigued by those hand dryers--I haven't seen them. Do they vacuum the water off your hands? That just cracks me up! :rotfl2:

Can't wait till you get to Disney!

Sully is home sick today too. It appears the post-Disney illness has begun. :sick: He has a fever and sore throat. Hopefully it'll be short lived! Hope your little one is better soon. :hug:

Yes! They vaccuum the water right off your hands! They're suppose to be better about getting rid of germs or something like that. I first encountered one last year on a trip into Baltimore, but I hadn't seen any since. Most of the rest areas on this trip had them.

I didn't even notice that!! LOL!!!! :rotfl:

Lots of movies = quieter drive. :thumbsup2

:rotfl:

Oh my gosh guys! I found a youtube link for the exact dryer in the rest areas. It's called Xlerator. What cracks me up is that someone else had the idea to videotape the dryer - I'm not the only nut who thinks up these things! :rotfl: This video really shows how strong the suction is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87h1mn6Xkn4

(I'm going to add this link into the installment so those who don't read all of the comments will see it.)

Great trip so far! Haven't those hand dryers have been around for years? (well at least when I've traveled to Oregon & Florida and when I lived in WV 7 years ago and now in VA). Some restroom facilities have put back in the paper towels along with the hand dryers because some people complained about them. (My cousin owns a chain of restaurants and due to popular demand, he had to reinstall the paper towels along side the blow dryer one.)

I had to use one to dry my top in an airport back in 2003 when I spilled tea right before boarding a plane and I thought that thing was going to blow me across the room!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter