What's the better BOG reservation?

AlabamaMinnie

Earning My Ears
Through a lot of refreshing I've scored a BOG 9:40 breakfast and a 2:15 lunch reservation on our last day in the park. For people who have done both, which one is better from a food, atmosphere and (more importantly) timing perspective?

Lunch, unless you want to see the afternoon parade. 2:15 ADR will make that next to impossible.

I would rope drop, then lunch at BOG. If you are not a rope-dropper, though, both are nice.

I'm going to hijack this thread to ask LUNCH vs DINNER?!

I have a lunch ADR but keep searching for a Dinner...If I do score a dinner, it will mean cancelling one of my other TS must do's as we will be out of credits due to CRT using 2!

Is Dinner really as better as it is in my mind than lunch?!

I have a lunch ADR but keep searching for a Dinner...If I do score a dinner, it will mean cancelling one of my other TS must do's as we will be out of credits due to CRT using 2!

First, is the Beast on your must do plans? If not, and you really just want to see the Castle, and if you are happy with your choices for dinner, I would suggest keeping lunch and save dinner for another time.

I liked dinner, and I have it booked for this trip, but I have not gone in 4 years, and do not feel that we missed anything. I have taken my family for breakfast and for lunch, and I really do like the lunch. You can see the Castle, the portions are generous and they are delicious, and you can enjoy the castel setting.

With that said, dinner is lovely. The food is good, and the setting in the evening is very nice, but I woudl not cancel a favorite TS meal, and rearrange plans for this dinner.

I prefer lunch over dinner.

Thank you both!! Exactly what I needed to hear to give my Disney app a rest! While seeing the Beast would be very cool - I don't think it would be more important to my kids then the other characters at our other ADR's!

Thanks again!!

Thank you both!! Exactly what I needed to hear to give my Disney app a rest! While seeing the Beast would be very cool - I don't think it would be more important to my kids then the other characters at our other ADR's!

Thanks again!!
I have always thought that since it is impossible to do it all, I do what is convenient. Considering that BOG is not really a character meal, even though you do get a photo with the, I would not cancel unless the Beast was the most important must do on the trip.

We have done lunch and dinner (not breakfast and don't have plans to try it). Lunch seemed a little more chaotic, although we liked the food items on offer. We had dinner last year and we have another this year as we loved the pork dish which came with pureed cauliflower, and makes a nice change from the potato overload we have in WDW. But the piece de resistance (notice the French!) was meeting the Beast afterwards.

I can't find a single review or photo of the new braised beef dish (RIP pork at dinner). If anyone has tried it or has a photo I'd love to hear/see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter