What's the best way to purchase Direct combined with Resale DVC?

Does it make senes to have two 50 point add-on contracts instead of one 100 point contract. Since that would allow you to choose two separate home resorts, better resale value in the future and the blue card perks as long as you hold both contracts.

Does it make senes to have two 50 point add-on contracts instead of one 100 point contract. Since that would allow you to choose two separate home resorts, better resale value in the future and the blue card perks as long as you hold both contracts.
I think so, for just the reasons you listed. It's one reason I try to add on with small contracts, is for the resale value should I ever need to sell -- and so I can sell off small amounts rather than all of it.

It does not make sense since you can only book at the resort at 11 months with that resorts points. In a 2BR as an example that is just a single night.

I would buy resale at the resort where the biggest discount between direct and resale is. Whatever you choose for resorts you just want the total cost to be the lowest since direct or resale points don't matter except that you have 100 direct.

Oh, I totally missed the two different resorts. I think 2 50-point contracts are worthwhile, but 2 different resorts really depends on what category of rooms you want to stay at, and how often you want to stay there. If, for example, you are looking to book studios, and you want to stay every other year, this could be a good strategy. But in this case, you might be better off buying the 2 direct 50-point (100 total) at one resort direct, and then the resale contract as a second.

Thank you for your response! This is great stuff!

To answer your questions:

Ultimate points goal: 250-300

UY: Likely a summer month

Travel Time: Usually October through December, sometimes Spring.

Type of Room: Typically a 1 or 2 bedroom.

Resorts I am interested, in order: BLT primarily, CCV interests me, SSR for overall value, intrigued by RR but there are significant drawbacks (restrictions and maintenance fees primarily), GCV but prices and availability make this less of a possibility. There are a couple others but that’s enough for now.
I would do a blt resale. Then try it out before adding direct. Add up the cost difference to see if buying direct would actually save you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter