What's the best rental car deal you ever got?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by erbeaman, Feb 26, 2012.

1. erbeaman

erbeaman Mouseketeer

and how did you do it?

Hoping to find a good deal from Sanford for 10 days in August. I can't find anything for less than $400ish right now, and since our flights are only $696 for 5 of us, I just can't justify spending almost as much on a car (we were going to drive in the first place).

2. 3pletprincesses

3pletprincesses DIS Veteran

It is still too early for any good deals for August. Last year my rate from MCO was over $800 fora week for a minivan until the end of July then I was able to reduce it to $198 including tax. Keep looking and I'm sure it will come down in price the closer you get to August.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. ain0004

ain0004 DIS Veteran

Best car rate we ever received. Was for a minivan for 170.00 with tax for 7 days

5. dishguy1977

dishguy1977 Mouseketeer

Last May got a minivan off the Emerald aisle for $93/week. We were really hoping for a minivan but would have been ok with an Impala!

6. GEB@okw

GEB@okw Mouseketeer

I got a premium car picked up Feb 15, 10pm at MCO and returned it yesterday Feb 25, 10am to FLL, 10 days $76 including all taxes. Yes $7.60 a day with tax.

7. erbeaman

erbeaman Mouseketeer

Wow! Those are some good deals! You give me hope :goodvibes that I can find a good deal if I wait a while longer.

Question, what companies tend to have the best deals? How far in advance is best without taking the chance that no cars will be available?
    Ideally, I want an 8 passenger minivan. Not a lot of rental companies have them. I'm open to two cars though.

8. the4fishes

the4fishes Earning My Ears

Wow - that's amazing! Was that a last minute deal?

9. sjerrott

sjerrott Earning My Ears

Got a one week rental for 209 Canadian (taxes included) by finding a good code on DIS.

Susan

10. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

We got a compact with Alamo (vehicle we had was a Chevy HHN) for $68 all taxes and fees included for a week this past January. Used my Alamo Insiders number and a $35 coupon.

11. MariDisney

MariDisney Queen of the World

Best I've ever done was a minivan for $125 a few years ago. I always try every possible coupon and code combination and mess with the reservations pretty regularly until right before a trip.