What's in your Bag

smithmom

Mouseketeer
This year we say goodbye to the strollers and big backpacks in the park... I have a small scout bag and I'm wondering what you keep in your bag...

So far I have:
Sunscreen stick
SPF chapstick
Wet wipes
Reusable straws
Hair Elastics
My Disney Credit Card
Blister Bandaids
Portable Charger & Cord
Phone
Glow Sticks

Any other gems you can't do without?

This year we say goodbye to the strollers and big backpacks in the park... I have a small scout bag and I'm wondering what you keep in your bag...

So far I have:
Sunscreen stick
SPF chapstick
Wet wipes
Reusable straws
Hair Elastics
My Disney Credit Card
Blister Bandaids
Portable Charger & Cord
Phone
Glow Sticks

Any other gems you can't do without?
I'm a $1 store poncho person so we throw a couple of those in just in case. The last two Summers we have only used 1 though. If it rains we usually go in and eat or get a snack or ride an inside ride.

I carry a small Dooney crossbody (you can see a bit of it in my profile pic), so I go extremely light. I found the cutest tiny wallet on Amazon, as my bag isn't big enough for a regular wallet. In it I have my essential cards and some cash. In addition, lip balm, a folding mini hairbrush, phone, Advil, a couple bandaids. I'm constantly switching between sunglasses and reading glasses, usually wearing one with the other hanging around my neck, but I can squeeze a pair of glasses in my bag if necessary, say for Rock 'n Rollercoaster.

I'm a $1 store poncho person so we throw a couple of those in just in case. The last two Summers we have only used 1 though. If it rains we usually go in and eat or get a snack or ride an inside ride.
That's a great idea! I'm thinking I may have to upgrade my small bag to a small/medium bag - maybe something rugged so my husband can carry it too. :rolleyes2

We typically have:
  • Sunblock
  • Cameras
  • Pins
  • Snacks (fruit snacks, goldfish, granola bars, etc)
  • Medicine (my son and I get migraines)
  • A ziplock bag of wipes
  • Band aids
  • Water bottle
  • Phone
  • Credit Cards/Cash
  • Camping ponchos
  • ziplock gallon size bags for cameras if going on water rides

That's a great idea! I'm thinking I may have to upgrade my small bag to a small/medium bag - maybe something rugged so my husband can carry it too. :rolleyes2
We will have most of your list in our bag as they are light items. I keep it light as I am always the one who seems to be wearing it. We use a light drawstring bag.

I carry a small Dooney crossbody (you can see a bit of it in my profile pic), so I go extremely light. I found the cutest tiny wallet on Amazon, as my bag isn't big enough for a regular wallet. In it I have my essential cards and some cash. In addition, lip balm, a folding mini hairbrush, phone, Advil, a couple bandaids. I'm constantly switching between sunglasses and reading glasses, usually wearing one with the other hanging around my neck, but I can squeeze a pair of glasses in my bag if necessary, say for Rock 'n Rollercoaster.
I forgot about the Advil! We always have that in the bag.

I carry a molle water pouch to carry a 1 liter bottle and 2 Molle pouches attached to it. Works great for me.
Carry many of your items+...
Handkerchief
Poncho
Waterbottle
Ibuprofen
Snack bars
Boo Boo kit

I'm going to look up that bag! Thank you!! I'm thinking my Scout bag might be just a bit small. Advil is a great idea. I should have remember that one! I've paid so much money in the parks for a single Advil!!!

I carry a molle water pouch to carry a 1 liter bottle and 2 Molle pouches attached to it. Works great for me.
Carry many of your items+...
Handkerchief
Poncho
Waterbottle
Ibuprofen
Snack bars
Boo Boo kit
My brother was asking about bringing in the molle water pouches... Do you have to bring it into the parks empty?

I'm going to look up that bag! Thank you!! I'm thinking my Scout bag might be just a bit small. Advil is a great idea. I should have remember that one! I've paid so much money in the parks for a single Advil!!!

You can get a free dose of something--not sure if they offer a choice--at the First Aid centers in the parks, for future reference.

My bag is the Disneyland 55th anniversary Dooney & Bourke, which was a limited edition 9 years ago. There are plenty of other Disney D&B bags available, these days they come out with a pattern for every character, event, movie, etc.

My brother was asking about bringing in the molle water pouches... Do you have to bring it into the parks empty?
Hi
My pouch is stocked with items including a 1 liter hydroflask full of Ice Water. Never had an issue. The guards actually like my setup (they have said so) because everything is strapped in place and requires no digging.

Hi
My pouch is stocked with items including a 1 liter hydroflask full of Ice Water. Never had an issue. The guards actually like my setup (they have said so) because everything is strapped in place and requires no digging.
Any chance you have a picture of that amazing set up??

*Sunglasses
*straps to keep our glasses in place on crazier rides
*ziploc bags for any manner of things...keeping phones dry, holding snacks, for stowing wet socks, whatever
*hand wipes or baby wipes
*blister care items
*Tylenol & allergy medication (Oh! And motion sickness medicine!!)
*hair ties (which I will NOT be tossing off of Expedition Everest---man alive, I don't waste those things. I go through half a million as it is. ;) )
*inhaler
*the kids' autograph books
*(possibly) the kids' pins (if they don't want to wear their lanyards all day)
*small snacks for long lines
*sunscreen & Benadryl anti-itch stick
*tissues
*reusable straws
*a few small paper plates and a few plastic forks (in case folks decide they want to share a snack, or if they want to eat a snack typically served as walk-around food as a sit down snack)
*a thin washcloth or two
*ponchos or foldable rain jackets

That sounds like a ton, but most of it is pretty small, and I pack it all in ziplocs, with like items together. It makes security easier. Instead of pawing through 2 dozen loose items, they can look at 2 or 3 ziplocs and easily see every individual item inside of them. And the bag isn't very heavy, either. Now that my kids are bigger, we all share carrying the bag, which makes it all the nicer. (We just have to keep checking to make sure the youngest doesn't leave it behind anywhere on his turns. :) )

(For our next trip, our older son joked that we should bring cup lids with us. ;) )

(ETA: Oh, and I keep a little post-it note inside each of the 2-3 ziplocs, so that when we get back to the room, it's easy to quickly check to see if we still have enough of everything packed or replace anything so that they are all set to go again the next morning.)

Last edited:
*Sunglasses
*straps to keep our glasses in place on crazier rides
*ziploc bags for any manner of things...keeping phones dry, holding snacks, for stowing wet socks, whatever
*hand wipes or baby wipes
*blister care items
*Tylenol & allergy medication
*hair ties (which I will NOT be tossing off of Expedition Everest---man alive, I don't waste those things. i go through half a million as it is. ;) )
*inhaler
*the kids' autograph books
*(possibly) the kids' pins (if they don't want to wear their lanyards all day)
*small snacks for long lines
*sunscreen & Benadryl anti-itch stick
*tissues
*reusable straws
*a few small paper plates and a few plastic forks (in case folks decide they want to share a snack, or if they want to eat a snack typically served as walk-around food as a sit down snack)
*a thin washcloth or two
*ponchos or foldable rain jackets

That sounds like a ton, but most of it is pretty small, and I pack it all in ziplocs, with like items together. It makes security easier. Instead of pawing through 2 dozen loose items, they can look at 2 or 3 ziplocs and easily see every individual item inside of them. And the bag isn't very heavy, either. Now that my kids are bigger, we all share carrying the bag, which makes it all the nicer. (We just have to keep checking to make sure the youngest doesn't leave it behind anywhere on his turns. :) )

(For our next trip, our older son joked that we should bring cup lids with us. ;) )

(ETA: Oh, and I keep a little post-it note inside each of the 2-3 ziplocs, so that when we get back to the room, it's easy to quickly check to see if we still have enough of everything packed or replace anything so that they are all set to go again the next morning.)

* Allergy medicine and Benadryl stick are key!
* I LOVE the idea of packing stuff in ziplocs for a quick in/out of the security line....
* Never through a perfectly good elastic out! Never. Too valuable. :)
* I never regret packing extra ziploc bags! Thanks for the reminder!!

Um.... are there no cup lids anymore??

On days I have to carry my cross body (due to no pockets) I'll have:
Inhaler
Headache/motion sickness meds
cards/cash
sunscreen
poncho
hand wipes/sanitizer
bandaids

I plan to carry very little since it's just hubby and I on this trip. Hubby will help carry some of this stuff too like the sunscreen and his poncho.

Um.... are there no cup lids anymore??
Starting late last summer (I believe) they started reducing the number of plastic lids being used on QS drinks. At this point I think most places are giving you cups without lids. I haven't dealt with it myself, yet, but I've seen people mentioning it a few times.

OP complete list for me except add ponchos and an assortment of OTC meds in a small empty RX container (advil, tylenol, tums, zyrtec, pepcid, benadryl, and sudafed). My walking OTC pharmacy makes me the go to person for family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter