What's HHI like in September?

UGAFan0829

DIS Veteran
The DH visited HHI back in 2010 and would love to go back. I'm thinking about possibly going back in September of next year but wondered what the island was like during that time. I know in the past when we've visited other beaches at that time (Myrtle), everything is closed up and there really isn't much to do. I know there isn't a ton of things on Hilton Head anyway, but just wanted to make sure that it wasn't going to be a ghost town. Anyone have any experience during this time of year?

it's slower but i think sept is a great time to visit HHI. restaurants are still open but not too crowded. maybe a little cooler in late sept.

i've only been once (sept 2010) so my experience is limited but i'd vote to go...

The DH visited HHI back in 2010 and would love to go back. I'm thinking about possibly going back in September of next year but wondered what the island was like during that time. I know in the past when we've visited other beaches at that time (Myrtle), everything is closed up and there really isn't much to do. I know there isn't a ton of things on Hilton Head anyway, but just wanted to make sure that it wasn't going to be a ghost town. Anyone have any experience during this time of year?

We're on the Island nearly every September. It's still very hot early in the month. It becomes "uncrowded," but everything is still open. It's easy to get into the restaurants. One of my favorite times to be there is October when the weather moderates a little.

We've been in early October many times and have found it to be a very enjoyable time of year to go. Although I've never been in the summer, I think it is less hectic in the fall and a more relaxing time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter