What's happening in early December???

kpgclark

<font color=339900>There's nothing hum drum about
I was looking to book a hotel approximately 3-7 December and the majority of hotels are full. Anyone know what's going on?

Pop Warner would be my guess. They usually arrive early in December.

I was looking to book a hotel approximately 3-7 December and the majority of hotels are full. Anyone know what's going on?

Pop Warner is 12/6-12/13 and the Christmas parade taping at MK is also done that first weekend in December.

That's what I'm wondering! I assumed Pop Warner, but I thought only the values were affected:confused3. I just want to book one additional night (12/5) to our existing reservation at the VWL. There is no DVC availability or regular rooms. I did read they will be taping the parade that weekend too.

Pop Warner should only affect values, maybe mods. Definitely not deluxes. There is also MVMCP.

We are going that week to and am so thankful I booked 7 months out! It is slim pickings that week for deluxes.

The 2014 Pop Warner Hotels are the All Stars, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs Resort, and Pop for the Mitey Mites, younger age group. From reading the boards, people familiar with Pop Warner and want to avoid them booked hotels they are not staying at, so the mod or deluxe are more desirable during this time period.

Then, there is also the possibility that rooms are being booked as throw-a-way rooms so they can book FP+ sooner.

http://www.popwarner.com/Assets/01-assets/championships/14forms/2014+Pop+Manual.pdf

Mitey Mites: http://www.popwarner.com/Assets/01-assets/championships/14forms/2014+MM+Pop+Manual.pdf

I think Disney gave a lot of rooms to Orbitz too, maybe more than in the past? When I got ready to book our trip in early Dec I couldn't find much at all. I wanted WL and Disney showed it sold out, even rack rate rooms. I went to check Orbtiz and had rooms, even with a promo. So I booked our room with them instead. You have to pay in full at the time of booking but at least you can apply Orbitz discounts on top of the Disney discount and you can get a refund if you have to cancel.

Other resorts, like POR and POFQ showed rooms at Orbitz when Disney showed none.

Anyway, I suggest checking there in case you can get rooms that are otherwise not available on the Disney site.

We booked in February at rack rate for Yacht Club...hoping to apply the discount when it came out....we weren't even able to because the resort was pretty much booked.

That is my favorite time to go.I booked my YC room last December to be sure I could get dates that work with my job as well as the location I wanted. I had noted previously that that particular time can be hard to get a full week with my exact dates if I wait too long.

There's also free dining, and the fact that there is a "missing" week between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year with Thanksgiving falling so late in the month this year. This happened last year as well and early December was busier than anticipated.

Between the parade taping, the Pop Warner kids being there, and DVC owners love the low point usage...this isn't a slow time of year anymore!!! In fact, it's gotten quite popular!

I used to always go the first week of December and it was typical for onsite rooms to be full, especially weekends.

That's what I'm wondering! I assumed Pop Warner, but I thought only the values were affected:confused3. I just want to book one additional night (12/5) to our existing reservation at the VWL. There is no DVC availability or regular rooms. I did read they will be taping the parade that weekend too.

This is THE busiest time of year for DVC reservations

That is the most popular time for DVC members and they all book it 11 months out.

I was just coming on here to ask the same thing! We decided to take the kids down that weekend and I'm honestly surprised at the lack of availability! I was hoping to get a Cabin at Fort Wilderness but those are completely booked. I had heard about the taping for the Christmas parade, but hearing that it's pop warner week is disheartening.

I was just coming on here to ask the same thing! We decided to take the kids down that weekend and I'm honestly surprised at the lack of availability! I was hoping to get a Cabin at Fort Wilderness but those are completely booked. I had heard about the taping for the Christmas parade, but hearing that it's pop warner week is disheartening.

Why? I've been there during Pop Warner week (back the year FL expansion opened) and honestly, I never knew they were there. I saw them at the resort (Pop) and on ME but at no time did their presence make any difference to my trip. Zero impact to my trip while in the parks or at the Resort.

Just tried to book a Deluxe from 11/30-12/3 and the prices were absolutely crazy.

We are booked at AoA from Nov. 28 thru Dec 6th. I expected the crowds to be heavy the first few days and then taper off. I also used a website (can we name names?) that indicated this. Should I expect this to be heavy crowds?

Why? I've been there during Pop Warner week (back the year FL expansion opened) and honestly, I never knew they were there. I saw them at the resort (Pop) and on ME but at no time did their presence make any difference to my trip. Zero impact to my trip while in the parks or at the Resort.

Once the Pop Warner teams get eliminated the parks do become full of the teams & their families. Worst nightmares are the packs of cheerleaders cheering everywhere especially in the waiting lines. One reason we totally avoid PW week. The Christmas parade taping doesn't bother us because you can get on more rides as most are trying to jockey around to be on tv.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter