What's Everybody Reading this Fall/Winter Season?

I really enjoyed Confessions of a Prairie *****. Haven't read Melissa Gilberts yet. Check out the Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb. Very interesting read. Not a true autobiography in the sense of the word, but interesting all the same.

I just downloaded it. Thanks for the recommendation!

I read Killing Lincoln and it was so well written!

I've already let Santa know that I want to read Killing Kennedy.

I've recently finished reading Dennis LeHane's Live By Night and The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin.

Both of these books have appeared on various "great reads" lists. I wasn't overly impressed with either one. I generally really like LeHane's stuff but this recent one didn't quite live up to the others. It was okay, though, and certainly not a waste of time.

The Orchardist was a very slow-moving book and there was a lot of potential there to really close the book with a nice finish. But the author did not and that was disappointing.

I read Killing Lincoln and it was so well written!

I've already let Santa know that I want to read Killing Kennedy.

Loved Killing Lincoln. I have Killing Kennedy but haven't started it yet. I know once I start I won't stop until I'm done so I need to plan for that. :rotfl:

I am no longer reading harry potter I am reading the book based on the secret life of the American teenager. It is so funny compared to how serious the show is

Hi All. I'm new to this thread but wanted to share my favorite reads recently were: What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty and The Secret Life of Cee Cee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain

I joined a book club this year and have been loving reading different kinds of books that I wouldn't normally select for myself.

Someone mentioned a 2013 book challenge...I would love to participate in something like that!

You guys are so mature in your book choices! :rotfl:

I just finished my third Stephanie Bond book called "I Think I Love You". It wasn't as good as the other two I read, but enjoyable.

I was searching around Amazon for some Travel Memoirs yesterday and I found a few. Can anyone recommend any? (Please not "Eat, Pray, Love" zzzzzzzz)

I just finished my third Stephanie Bond book called "I Think I Love You". It wasn't as good as the other two I read, but enjoyable.

I was searching around Amazon for some Travel Memoirs yesterday and I found a few. Can anyone recommend any? (Please not "Eat, Pray, Love" zzzzzzzz)

I really enjoyed Under A Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson. It's about his trip to Australia. He's a great "travel" writer. Lots of humor.

I recommend A Walk in the Woods, also by Bill Bryson.

http://www.amazon.com/Walk-Woods-Re...353848658&sr=1-1&keywords=a+walk+in+the+woods

I really enjoyed Under A Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson. It's about his trip to Australia. He's a great "travel" writer. Lots of humor.

I'll have to try this one sometime!

I should add that I *think it's called "In a Sunburned Country"...That's all I could find on Amazon anyway.:)

Yes, you're a right on that. It's been awhile since I read the book...but it is one of the few books that has stayed with me. I never really read travel memoirs but I picked this one up because my job, at that time, required me to work with a bunch of Australians and they would always talk about various places in Australia. I didn't know much about what they were talking about so this was a good read for me.

Christine said:
Yes, you're a right on that. It's been awhile since I read the book...but it is one of the few books that has stayed with me. I never really read travel memoirs but I picked this one up because my job, at that time, required me to work with a bunch of Australians and they would always talk about various places in Australia. I didn't know much about what they were talking about so this was a good read for me.

I found a few others by the same author and I added them to my list!

I just finished my third Stephanie Bond book called "I Think I Love You".

I've read several Stephanie Bond books, and plan to read "Kill the Competition" next. "Mature" reading is definitely NOT me! I think enough every day-give me a mindless book.

Books I've enjoyed recently, that I highly recommend...Age of Miracles. It was our book club book, and brought up great discussion. I don't think I've seen this one on this thread yet.

I also enjoyed Paris Wife!

Currently reading: Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. It's...interesting.:confused3

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I read Age of Miracles over the summer and really enjoyed it too.

I read The Book Theif this year and really enjoyed it as well. I recently finished the new Patricia Cornwell book and liked it better than some of the last few she's written.

I read A Discovery of Witches and the sequal Shadow of Night this year and LOVED both of them. I can't wait for the third one to come out.

My aunt recommended and loaned me a few of the Penny Vincenzi books and so far I've enjoyed the two I've read but I thought the endings to both were kind of flat. They look to all be pretty long books, 800-1000 pages or so.

Right now I'm quickly reading the latest Janet Evanovich book and its just as silly as the last 6 or 7. I loved the beginning of the series. They were funny and quirky and easy reads. But now they have gotten to be downright dumb. I have this thing with reading a series and so I keep reading them even though I know they are going to be terrible.

Next up I'll read the latest Iris Johannesn book even though it will be just like the last ones. Her books are so predictable. But again its a series and I just can't not read the next one.

After that I'll go back to finishing the Penny Vincenzi books but I didn't want to carry a big hardback book on vacation in a couple weeks. Then I have a bunch of books on my wish list in Amazon. A lot that I've gotten from the reading threads on here. And I want to start the JD Robb series (also recommended by my aunt) but there are a ton of books and I keep putting it off. I've put the Killing Lincoln and Kennedy books on my wish list too now.

<snip>
I recently finished the new Patricia Cornwell book and liked it better than some of the last few she's written.

I quit reading her books because they started seeming to be all the same. What is the name of her new one?

I quit reading her books because they started seeming to be all the same. What is the name of her new one?

The Bone Bed. I thought it was pretty good. I've been reading her books for years and I loved them when they took place in Richmond but then they started moving her all around and I just kind of thought they got weird. But they seem to be settled again and I enjoyed this one.

Not me! I figure I think enough during the day, so when I read I want fairly easy stuff. I've already read about 3 Stephanie Bond books, and I've got "Kill the Competition" in line on my kindle to read.

Simba's Mom said:
Not me! I figure I think enough during the day, so when I read I want fairly easy stuff. I've already read about 3 Stephanie Bond books, and I've got "Kill the Competition" in line on my kindle to read.

I look books that read like a movie. I really liked the Stephanie Bond books I've read so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter