What's better than a honeymoon? TWO Honeymoons! 8/30 57 hours/13 months to go!

I liked Red, the Popples, and the Wuzzles. I'm so getting old. I have a little safari Eeyore I got last time I was at WDW that is coming back to visit home.

I should be asleep, but instead I am working on something exciting. I don't have details yet, but here are the facts I have so far:
I turn 30 next October.
I have never been to MNSSHP.
I have never been to the Food & Wine Festival.
Free dining has already been announced for next fall, but the last day offered is 9/29/11

What will become of these facts?

Mmmmmm...I wonder what could become of these facts?? :upsidedow
You could add "late one year anniversary celebration!"

Hi! Just came across your PTR and thought I'd join in. I LOVE the Poly, never stayed there (only Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom Lodge) but I've eaten in the Kona a million times! I've got a ton of catching up to do...I've only read the first page!

Mmmmmm...I wonder what could become of these facts?? :upsidedow
You could add "late one year anniversary celebration!"

It's a mystery, for sure!
Want to know what is really interesting about those facts? I turn 30 this year. I can't believe I got my age wrong in the post last night. And it wasn't a typo, I truly believed I was telling the truth when I wrote it. I'm dumb. :rolleyes1

Hi! Just came across your PTR and thought I'd join in. I LOVE the Poly, never stayed there (only Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom Lodge) but I've eaten in the Kona a million times! I've got a ton of catching up to do...I've only read the first page!

Welcome, glad to have you along! You're just in time, there's still 10 days before this trip starts!

Glad to meet someone else who loves the Poly despite never having stayed there! That Kona is a special special place. :love:

If there were any doubts out there as to how totally absent-minded I am, let me admit right now: I managed to completely forget my age last night. I was posting here and pricing trips on a certain website, and I even went to talk to Ben about taking a trip for my 30th birthday (and he didn't correct me, so maybe he was agreeing to a trip this October ;) )

Though I am a little disappointed that my big plans will have to be used to celebrate the not-very-exciting at all 31st birthday, I am still excited to be working on them. Hopefully I'll even have news to share here soon!

But more pressing at the moment is the fact that our trip is in 10 days! And I say it like that so it sounds like a good thing. But man, 10 days sounds like such a very long time. Days are dragging right about now, I tell ya.

As far as planning goes, there isn't much to do when you're 10 days out.
I have started a packing list, and I am probably going to start on my days off this week (Wednesday and Thursday... the last two before the trip!) As is the norm when traveling with Ben, we will try our best not to check any luggage. Though with those 4 pairs of shoes, I'm not sure how that's gonna work...
Wanna hear something else crazy? We're not bringing a park bag :scared1: We're traveling light this trip, that's for sure. Time will tell if I will be regretting this decision (and if I become the owner of a new bag at Disney)

Let's see what's going on for
Day 8: Thursday, 9/9
This is our second Kona breakfast day. But I recently learned that Tonga Toast is served at Captain Cooks (thanks, Poly FAQ thread! :thumbsup2 ) so there is a chance we will just eat there instead. That'll give us a bit more time to head of to the Animal Kingdom!
Despite my feelings on the Safari, the AK as a whole is a place I really enjoy. The themeing and details are amazing. Have you ever noticed the fake potatoes they have laying around? There are baskets of them in different places and they look so REAL, its crazy!
I also love Everest, Dinosaur, and Festival of the Lion King (Ben insists he doesn't want to see this. I told him he has no choice.) <-- that's a show I like for a change!
Another favorite at AK is Flame Tree BBQ. Unfortunately, it will be closed during our trip, so no delicious BBQ chicken salad for me. But the silver lining here is our lunch at Tusker House (I have no idea where this is. First time I'll need a park map in years!) Our ADR is at 11:30. We probably will head out not too much after this and either go back to the Poly or head to another park.
In the evening we'll head to DTD because we have dinner scheduled at Raglan Road for 6pm. After that, we might try to check out Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk.

In 3 days I can do online check-in for the Poly!

I'm right there with you on the make 10 days fly by as fast as possible. I'm usually a carry on only type of girl, but since Disney will handle our luggage free, forget that! Ha ha ha!

We're going to AK for Labor Day with EMH and doing a late breakfast at Tusker House. If you bring a computer or web capable phone I'll leave you a note where it is.

What time do you get into MCO? If we are both their around the same time, we should meet for like two minutes to say hi!

Plus I forget that I'm 32 all the time. I stopped counting, years don't really seem to matter anymore.

This day is Day 2 of me being back to reality... Ugh! so depressing!

But more pressing at the moment is the fact that our trip is in 10 days! And I say it like that so it sounds like a good thing. But man, 10 days sounds like such a very long time. Days are dragging right about now, I tell ya.

Oh..I hear ya!!! I wish it were tomorrow that we leave.

Let's see what's going on for
Day 8: Thursday, 9/9
This is our second Kona breakfast day. But I recently learned that Tonga Toast is served at Captain Cooks (thanks, Poly FAQ thread! :thumbsup2 ) so there is a chance we will just eat there instead. That'll give us a bit more time to head of to the Animal Kingdom!
Despite my feelings on the Safari, the AK as a whole is a place I really enjoy. The themeing and details are amazing. Have you ever noticed the fake potatoes they have laying around? There are baskets of them in different places and they look so REAL, its crazy!
I also love Everest, Dinosaur, and Festival of the Lion King (Ben insists he doesn't want to see this. I told him he has no choice.) <-- that's a show I like for a change!
Another favorite at AK is Flame Tree BBQ. Unfortunately, it will be closed during our trip, so no delicious BBQ chicken salad for me. But the silver lining here is our lunch at Tusker House (I have no idea where this is. First time I'll need a park map in years!) Our ADR is at 11:30. We probably will head out not too much after this and either go back to the Poly or head to another park.
In the evening we'll head to DTD because we have dinner scheduled at Raglan Road for 6pm. After that, we might try to check out Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk.

In 3 days I can do online check-in for the Poly!

This looks like a great day.. I love Tusker... it is really easy to find. If you are on your way into Africa and have just crossed the bridge (heading toward Kilimanjaro Safari )it will be on your left.

Happy single digits until we leave this crummy weather day!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I was down there right now to avoid all this nasty weather. I'm so tired of it!

If there were any doubts out there as to how totally absent-minded I am, let me admit right now: I managed to completely forget my age last night. I was posting here and pricing trips on a certain website, and I even went to talk to Ben about taking a trip for my 30th birthday (and he didn't correct me, so maybe he was agreeing to a trip this October ;) )

Though I am a little disappointed that my big plans will have to be used to celebrate the not-very-exciting at all 31st birthday, I am still excited to be working on them. Hopefully I'll even have news to share here soon!

It doesn't matter if you don't celebrate on your birthday or even a year later :) I was pregnant when I turned 30 so we celebrated my "30th" on my 31st birthday. My DH took me to New Orleans and had his mom watch the kids. It was very fun and I could have cared less that I was techincally 31 - we pretended it was my 30th :yay:

:laughing: Don't feel too bad about forgetting your age. Whenever someone asks me how old I am I seriously have to stop and think about it. :confused3

Good luck on the packing front of your days off! Let us know how it goes! :goodvibes

I'd be all about skipping the Kona breakfast and going to Captain Cook's instead! Although, b/c I am abnormal, I'm always waaay too rushed in the morning to want to stop for breakfast-- I know I'd be too anxious the whole time and just want to leave and get to a park! So I'd clearly recommend a quick breakfast, lol.
Maybe Ben will pleasantly surprise you and like FOTLK!
Jellyrolls looks soooo funny-- love the idea of the dueling piano's! I'd be super interested in hearing about it if you go!

Oh..I hear ya!!! I wish it were tomorrow that we leave.

This looks like a great day.. I love Tusker... it is really easy to find. If you are on your way into Africa and have just crossed the bridge (heading toward Kilimanjaro Safari )it will be on your left.

I don't know what to expect from Tusker House, but I have read some good reviews so am looking forward to it!
Hmm, did it used to be a counter service place? If so, then maybe I know where it is...

Happy single digits until we leave this crummy weather day!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I was down there right now to avoid all this nasty weather. I'm so tired of it!

Yay, single digits! I know, this weather is awful. I am so sick of walking all the dogs in the rain at work.
But I guess it will help us appreciate sunny Florida a bit more. (Accuweather says 90's during the day and 70s at night for the first few days)

It doesn't matter if you don't celebrate on your birthday or even a year later :) I was pregnant when I turned 30 so we celebrated my "30th" on my 31st birthday. My DH took me to New Orleans and had his mom watch the kids. It was very fun and I could have cared less that I was techincally 31 - we pretended it was my 30th :yay:

I guess it's the celebration that counts, not when it happens!

:laughing: Don't feel too bad about forgetting your age. Whenever someone asks me how old I am I seriously have to stop and think about it. :confused3

Good luck on the packing front of your days off! Let us know how it goes! :goodvibes

I wouldn't be so embarrassed about forgetting my age if it was such a milestone birthday- not that I mind turning 30 but you'd think it would be a birthday that would stand out in my mind! :rotfl:

I'd be all about skipping the Kona breakfast and going to Captain Cook's instead! Although, b/c I am abnormal, I'm always waaay too rushed in the morning to want to stop for breakfast-- I know I'd be too anxious the whole time and just want to leave and get to a park! So I'd clearly recommend a quick breakfast, lol.
Maybe Ben will pleasantly surprise you and like FOTLK!
Jellyrolls looks soooo funny-- love the idea of the dueling piano's! I'd be super interested in hearing about it if you go!

Oh I am totally like that in the mornings at WDW, usually. I'd rather starve at the parks just to hurry up and get there! This is the first time I've scheduled breakfast ADRs and I only did because they're at our resort! But we'll see how the reality compares to the plans...

I will give a full report on Jellyrolls when we get back! :thumbsup2

I think I have found the theme for this PTR... my crappy health!

I woke up this morning to a lovely case of conjunctivitis. :sick:
After a trip to the doctor for some antibiotic drops, she thinks I should feel mostly all better (and not be contagious!) in a couple of days. So luckily, this happened now and not closer to the trip. Let's just hope Ben doesn't get it!

Now I am nervous to pack- I don't want to get germs all over everything! Yuck, yuck, yuck!

I apologize for this gross post... but it is relevant to my trip, and in the interest of honesty...

p.s. SINGLE DIGITS! (can I tell you how much it annoys me that my ticker is counting down to our Poly stay and therefore is off by 3 days? I know I could change it, but what's the point, now? Ok, I feel better!)

I love FOTLK I always wanted to see LK and then for Valentine's Day I got to see it when it came to Boston with BF, his sister, and her BF. Even BF liked it with no Disney background!

I wonder if that is going to make FOTLK not as special?:confused3

:yay: not long now, then you'll be basking in the gorgeousness of the Poly :)

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Single digits! Lucky!!!

You'll be just fine - as you and others have said, better now than later. Sending healthy thoughts your way...:goodvibes

I love FOTLK I always wanted to see LK and then for Valentine's Day I got to see it when it came to Boston with BF, his sister, and her BF. Even BF liked it with no Disney background!

I wonder if that is going to make FOTLK not as special?:confused3

I think FOTLK will still be awesome for you guys! It's different than the play, but is still a fantastic show!

Oh no! I hope you get better soon! :hug: But you're right...at least it's happening now and not 9 days from now.

:yay: not long now, then you'll be basking in the gorgeousness of the Poly :)

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Single digits! Lucky!!!

You'll be just fine - as you and others have said, better now than later. Sending healthy thoughts your way...:goodvibes

Thank you all! So far there is no improvement, still have a leaky bloodshot eye. At least it is mostly just annoying, and I otherwise feel fine!

I can check in online tomorrow! Woohoo! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter