what's best about staying at the Boardwalk or Bay lake or Jambo?

jessabell236

Earning My Ears
I'm staying at 3 different hotels this year and I just wanted to know what's good about staying at these resorts! First im going to Jambo House only for 3 days then we are of to the Boardwalk for a week then to Bay lake tower:cheer2::dance3::beach:pixiedust::wave2:

At the Boardwalk you are within a .25 mi walk to enter epcot and a little over .6 miles to enter Hollywood studios so no need for disney transportation to two of the parks. If thats still too far to walk, you have a boat as an option.

You are also about a .25 mi walk to a gas station with small groceries.

It's a Hess Express so it is like small (non interstate) gas station with groceries. They have softdrinks, water, snacks, beer, very little bad wine selection, some sweets but did have some emergency groceries bread, condiments, canned goods etc.

We've done two of the three multiple times. We also enjoy resort hopping when we travel to Disney. My thoughts:

BWI is awsome if you like to spend alot of time at EPCOT. We have stayed here during F&W festival and I highly recommend. The entire area including all 5 hotels offer an abundance of dining and entertainment options as well as two parks all within a relatively short walk. It's number one on my list.:thumbsup2

Jambo House to me is just ovewhelming to all your senses. Take in the beauty of the lobby and the smells of BOMA. Multiple animal viewing places ans CM's with great stories! Our first deluxe stay over 10 years ago when our kids were little, I cherish those memories and they come flooding back whenever we stop there.

Haven't had the opportunity to stay at BLT but have stayed at CT. Monorail service and walking to MK were the highlights for us. We did walk through BLT our trip last month and it is very nice!

Hope this helps. Have a great trip!

WOWZA i can really tell you love Disney i love it too our family goes every year and i love all of the parks and the hotels ive been to ive stayed of Disney but i do prefer it on Disney How many times have you been?? :)

We have stayed at Jambo and Kidani, we personally like Kidani.. a lot more layed back and not as crowded, but the food court and restaurants are at Jambo. Boma was a great dinner for us. both have great pools, and offer fun activities during the day and night. Be sure to use the night vision goggles to view the animals.

BLT-- my personal favorite! I love being able to see the castle at night from our room. ( many lake views have partial castle views!!) I love the closeness of MK, the ride to / from MK on the monorail. Being able to walk to MK is a bonus too. The food court is great at the Contemp, and its just a short walk away. hearing the water parade at night is cool too. We have never done this, but watching the fireworks from the top is cool too. the kids love the water slide here too.

I've stayed at BW and BLT multiple times.

What I like about BW is being able to walk in the back entrance to Epcot, take the boat to HS and walk to Fantasia mini-golf. You can also walk to the Hess gas station to get water or soda.

What I like about BLT is having access to the monorail. It also makes it very easy to get to dinner at other resorts because you just walk across the street and pick up the resort bus you need.

I'm staying at 3 different hotels this year and I just wanted to know what's good about staying at these resorts! First im going to Jambo House only for 3 days then we are of to the Boardwalk for a week then to Bay lake tower:cheer2::dance3::beach:pixiedust::wave2:

I own at both BWV and BLT...so I love both these resorts. And I love AKL..both Jambo House and Kidani. So...my thoughts.
BW....I love the short walk over to Epcot..takes under 10 mins. I love walking along the boardwalk, stopping to get a pastry or ice cream, depending on time of day. I love the walk to DHS..usually under 20 mins. But, it's nice to take the boat at times. It's wonderful having so many other resorts to walk to. The walk over to the Hess Station is not bad..under 10 mins once you leave the actual resort. If you are buying a lot, especially water?? Bring a rolling bag with you..much easier to bring stuff back.

BLT?? Well, the short walk over to MK is wonderful. Being able to hop on the monorail is terrific. I love the food options at CR, and its so quick over to them from BLT.

And Jambo?? Love the physical plant of the resort. I love the theming. I love the animals. I love the quietness.

Just returned from 8 nights at Jambo this past May. :cloud9:

Walking into the lobby - takes your breath away - love coming home to the cool air, the smell, the Welcome Home , the beauty of it.
The theming is amazing.
Beautiful and unique gift shop.
The animals - never get tired of viewing them (night time viewing is especially fun :cool2:).
The CM's are warm and friendly.
The rooms are clean and spacious...comfy beds.
The activities - tons of interesting things to do and see, both for kiddos and adults.
The pool - an oasis..heavenly.

Most relaxing vacation we have ever had. :goodvibes

How many times have you been?? :)

I have never really counted. I went a couple times as a kid in the mid 70's staying offsite. We would go a couple times a year when the kids were little (they are 22 and 16 now) but then school activities and summer sports significantly reduced our visits. We had a three year break until this year. All told I'm adding it up to 18?
I think you will make great memories at all 3!

We absolutely love Boardwalk. Check out the pics in my TR from last year. The location is unbeatable. Walk to Epcot, walk to DHS. Have all the activities of the Boardwalk. We also love to walk over to Beach Club for lunch and ice cream at Beaches and Cream.

We have stayed at at both Jambo and Kidani. We really enjoyed Jambo. The resort and views are amazing. However, it just feels like your so far away from so much. Anytime we take family, they want AK.

BLT has a wonderful location as well. Walking back from MK at the end of a long night, past all the people waiting for buses, boats or monorail is so nice.

Of the 3 you mentioned, we always take Boardwalk when we have the choice.

Just looked through all your pictures and it brings back all the amazing memories of when i was there, just seeing them got me all excited cant wait for my next WDW vacation in only 11 days and feel so lucky to be staying at all 3 of those hotels if you have any more feedback about them that'd be great :-)

Just stayed BLT and BVC (so kinda like Boardwalk as far as walking amenities).
I have previously stayed at Jambo as well.

BLT my favorites are the viewing are for wished if you just can't deal with all the people on Main Street for one more minute, ease of getting to all monorail resorts for dining, and most importantly not being at the mercy of Disney for transportation to the park. The walk is quick and easy, a walk back for break in the hot, crowded afternoon allows for swim time and on EMH nights again no need for Disney transport just come and go as you please. We did not need to allow for that hour to hour and a half for Disney Transportation or need to use crowded busses.

BCV, Boardwalk my favorites here are similiar as far as the busses are concerned. Walking to 2 parks, having all the wonderful dining of Epcot as well as BC/YC,Swan,Dolphin and Boardwalk easily a 10 to 15 minute walk away. A quick walk over to watch illuminations about 30 minutes before it starts. Boardwalk Bakery and all its treats right there for your easy access. Nighttime entertainment in the Boardwalk area.

Jambo, the restaurant tour, the lounge for drinks in the afternoon, viewing animals from either your room or a viewing area, talking to the guides who are there about the various animals, super quick drive over to AK.

Well they all sound amazing to me 10 days and i will finally know for myself!
my personal one Im looking forward to is the Boardwalk
it has so many great facilities there all the dining places and ESPN sounds yummy the amazing pool and slides
However Im looking forward to Jambo too all the anaimals and boma is amazing ive never actually stayed there but i have been to kidani last year
To be honest i wasn't looking forward to going to BLT but now its creaping up i am i cant wait to see whats different at all three hotels and to see different sights from our hotel rooms :-)

Hi, As PP stated the BWI/ BWV is tough to beat with their location, resturants, and entertainment. To me as to others it's walking to Epcot, strolling around the WS, watching Illuminations, walking back to the BW and you still have things to do. Maybe a stop at ESPN, stop at the Piano bar, or just relax and watch the Buskers. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Well from what ive heard the boardwalk really stands out to me on how much it has their dont get me wrong the facilities are always amazing a disney and i love them all but im especially looking forward to the boardwalk it sounds phenomenal have you stayed in the studios there if so what are the like

I've only stayed at BLT so I'll just comment on that one. For me what can't be beat is seeing the castle everyday. Staying at the other resorts you mentioned, you'd only get to see it the days you went to the MK. At BLT, it's there wen you wake up, and when you go to bed. I also love how close it is to the Contemporary. It's a quick elevator ride and a great scenic walk over the skybridge to get to all the shops and restaurants over there. I love being able to use both the BLT pool and the CR pool. The walking path to the MK is great for when the monorail is crowded, otherwise I always think of the monorail as a ride unto itself ;) And having the monorail is so nice for grabbing meals at the other resorts. We usually do breakfast at Kona Cafe a couple times, as well as dinner at Ohana and lunch at Gaspers Grill at GF :) It's just such a great place to stay, can't wait for next trip in 2 months :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter