What would your 5th day be?

hkkatie

Mouseketeer
We are planning our first WDW trip, and we will have 5 park days. (maaaaayyyyybeee 6, but probably just 5). We want to hit each park once, for sure, and then a 2nd day at one of the parks. We will not have park hoppers. There will be 6 of us, 2 adults and 4 kids ranging in age from 5-15. Which park would you choose for your 5th day and why?

pre-plan it like it's mk as most call that a 2 day park and want to start and end there. If you are in the mood for something else when your actually on the trip just pivot and make due.

Agree with the PP. Everyone has a different fave Park. We get hoppers so we do them all more than once. You can't see and do everything in MK in one day or Epcot. MK is probably better for the kids!

We are going for 5 nights, 6 days this time. We have the dining plan and I didn't get park hoppers either. Originally, I reserved a table service for each day and figured I would be at magic kingdom twice. I eventually changed it and put two table services on my Epcot day and kept the last day open. I will use two quick service meals the last day figuring we will be in a hurry to get in as much as we can anyway. My guess is we will do magic kingdom, but we will have options.

Yeah, originally I figured that we would just wait and see which park the kids wanted to go back to, but then we might not be able to get fast passes. We're not fussed about table service, so I'm not too worried about dining reservations. I just like to plan ahead, but realize I need to have a degree of flexibility. :)

MK....I think it takes the longest.
We always go for long trips and do them each twice and then go back to whatever we feel needs to be done again. To get missed things or redo favorites

For a first time visitor, I would recommend making those 5th FP+ at MK. If you find over the course of the trip that you would rather re-visit another park, you can always switch those FP+ out for another park. You'll be hard pressed to get FP+ for hard-to-get rides if you change your mind, but if you've already gone on those rides on your first days there, it won't matter much!

MK but not necessarily to start and finish... depending on your arrival and departure days. MK tends to be busier than other parks and mid week might be bit less crowed. You may also want to plan your MK days around EMH and MK also has a lot of extra hard ticket events you might need to plan around. To us, hoppers are so worth the added cost. This trip we are doing two AM EMH parks but will hop to another park as the day goes on. We also avoided a ticketed early morning event at MK.

We are planning our first WDW trip, and we will have 5 park days. (maaaaayyyyybeee 6, but probably just 5). We want to hit each park once, for sure, and then a 2nd day at one of the parks. We will not have park hoppers. There will be 6 of us, 2 adults and 4 kids ranging in age from 5-15. Which park would you choose for your 5th day and why?
Make MK your 5th park day so you can get some fast passes lined up. Plan on a mid day break to go enjoy your resort pool which you might not have done yet, then go back for more rides and fireworks to end your vacation in a big way.

I agree with everyone else. MK has more to do for all members of your party to do. To avoid criss-crossing the park too much, plan one day centered on Fantasyland and Tomorrowland (my priority FPs would be 7DMT, Space Mountain, and PP) and another day focused on Adventureland, Frontierland, and Liberty Square (my priority FPs would be Splash, Thunder, and maybe HM). You'll find that even with two whole days, there will be a lot you don't get to.

We always do 2 MK days, as well. On longer trips we try to stick a down day in the middle.

Magic Kingdom..............its not even close.:D My advice is try to avoid MK on Monday's..........that's always one of the more crowded days there.

Have a great trip!!!

Doug :goofy:

MK, for sure. We did MK 4x on our last trip and there were many attractions we didn't get to.

MK! We could never fit all of MK into just one day. We split the park in half and do half one day and half the other. And we also prefer to start and end at this park. Enjoy your first trip!

Definitely MK! There is so much to do, I just think that you need more than one day. We usually do 2 1/2 days there

Your older kids might not want to do 2 days at MK, do you trust them enough to go to a park by themselves? If so, you might let them keep that 5th day open and they can decide what they want to do. I've never had any problems getting next day FPs as long as it's not something like SDMT or FEA. Remember, you can always go ahead and make that 5th day FP and then once you've done the park you might decide you don't want to spend another day there and you can change them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter