What would you do?

kemmerlinj2

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! So I'm in the process of planning a big 21 day trip with 14 days at Disney/Universal and a 7 night cruise for May of 2019 to celebrate my college graduation with my parents. When in Orlando we are going to do 3 days at Universal and 11 days at Disney. Lately I've been wondering if I should do three nights actually at a Universal hotel (Cabana Bay maybe) followed by the remaining 11 at Disney (Either Boardwalk or Copper Creek villas) or just do all nights at Disney and drive to Universal? Any help would be great!

I would do a minimum of 3 nights at Universal (maybe 4 if you plan on spending 3 days in the parks). We will be doing our second WDW/Uni split in August. I, personally, like to be immersed in each resort when I'm visiting it. You also may want to consider one of the Uni resorts that offer express pass with your stay. Driving back and forth from WDW to Uni for 3 days would not be fun for me.

I would do a minimum of 3 nights at Universal (maybe 4 if you plan on spending 3 days in the parks). We will be doing our second WDW/Uni split in August. I, personally, like to be immersed in each resort when I'm visiting it. You also may want to consider one of the Uni resorts that offer express pass with your stay. Driving back and forth from WDW to Uni for 3 days would not be fun for me.

I second this. :thumbsup2

I agree, stay at a US resort for 3 nights. They are so wonderful! Do it after WDW. With the FOTL pass, you will have more down time to relax at the wonderful pools. We love the HR.

I would also do 3 nights at a Universal hotel but one of the hotels with Express pass.

I would do the 11 nights first so that you can unpack and get comfortable. Then move over to Universal and stay at one of the hotels that give you FOLT. Being there only 3-4 nights you won't have to fully unpack which makes the move to the cruise a little easier and less time consuming.

I've done several 2 week trips and absolutely love having that much time to have fun but to relax. I have tried to figure out a way to do 3 weeks but I doubt I will ever swing that. Congrats to you for doing it!!!!

Hi

I would stay at UO for the three nights after the Disney portion of your trip. I agree UO is more relaxing after Disney. We stay at HRH and love it there. The FOTL pass is the best.

I'm wanting to do Disney first but Star Wars Episode IX comes out the Thursday night before the cruise so I'm trying to decide if I want to be near Disney Springs for that or not. We really want to see the movie but don't know if the crowds there will be worth it or just watch it at Universal's theater.

Yet another vote for staying at Universal for three nights (with FOTL) access!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter