What would you do?

European

Mouseketeer
I'm planning on staying at a value resort in WDW in September (2 weeks). I'm hoping there will be a passholder discount. I'm also planning on going several days to Universal Studios, IOA, Sea World and Discovery Cove (about 5 days). What would you do?

1) Stay the whole time at the Disney value resort and take Mears and Lynx every time.

2) Stay at a hotel close to Universal and Sea World WITH a shuttle bus to those parks. Take a taxi to go from the Disney value resort to the other hotel. This hotel should not be more expensive than the value resort.
If I would take this option, I guess I wouldn't be able to take the Magical Express on the way back to the airport.

Or, does anybody have a better suggestion?

I would stay at Disney value resort and take my chances with Mears. I stay at the resorts once a month at least and find the Disney resorts don't have any unpleasant surprises. BTW, Universal is nice, especially if you like thrill rides, but Sea World (and I am a Busch passholder as well) is rather a bore after an hour or so.
Richard

Depending on the number of people in your group, I would skip the value resort altogether and rent a 1 or 2drm condo offsite for the whole time, and then you won't have to worry about expensive cab rides or airport transport.With the money you will save you could easily pay for a rental car.

If it's just you, then definitely onsite at WDW for the first week, 3 nights close to US/IOA, and 2 nights close to SeaWorld, then back to WDW for your last 2 nights.

Actually, I'm thinking if you stay at a hotel along I-drive for the 5 nights total, you could just hop on the I-Ride Trolley for US/IOA and SeaWorld, and save youself a move in between...

*IF* I-Ride goes that far in both directions...
www.iridetrolley.com

If not, Mears is going to ad up $$$, and Lynx will take forever if you just stay at WDW the whole 2 weeks.

HTH!!
:sunny:

I'd split my stay too. Unless a rental car is a possibility. The fee's for transportation will definetly add up quickly and might pay for the car itself. Possibly even look for a good deal on an onsite Universal hotel. Then you can take advantage of the FOTL access too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter