What would you do??? POFQ or Pop

maripoopoopoo

Earning My Ears
Hi, I am newbie, but have been reading the forums for years. I have been to Disney 3 other times, All Star, CBR, and SSR. The last time I had reserved for POFQ, but got upgraded to SSR.

Crazy, but I was a bit disappointed after doing hours of research on POFQ and all of it's various amenities, conveniences and have wanted to go back to POFQ ever since :mad: Quite honestly, I wasn't prepared to stay at SSR, had decided not to bring my computer, so everything I printed out about POFQ, was for nothing.:headache:

So, today I reserved a trip for 8 days, package kids 3-9 stay free, with Dining plus at POP....but for $350 more using the up to 40% off the room deal, we can stay at POFQ with same package details?

Going with my sister & my daughter who will be 4....HELP. What would you do?? I can change the reservations.....

Thanks in advance

Hi, I am newbie, but have been reading the forums for years. I have been to Disney 3 other times, All Star, CBR, and SSR. The last time I had reserved for POFQ, but got upgraded to SSR.

Crazy, but I was a bit disappointed after doing hours of research on POFQ and all of it's various amenities, conveniences and have wanted to go back to POFQ ever since :mad: Quite honestly, I wasn't prepared to stay at SSR, had decided not to bring my computer, so everything I printed out about POFQ, was for nothing.:headache:

So, today I reserved a trip for 8 days, package kids 3-9 stay free, with Dining plus at POP....but for $350 more using the up to 40% off the room deal, we can stay at POFQ with same package details?

Going with my sister, my daughter who will be 4....HELP. What would you do?? I can change the reservations.....

Thanks in advance

Personally, we are not fans of the values. We've not stayed at the POFQ (we stay at a different moderate), but we have visited several times. They have a cute serpent slide in the pool which your daughter would probably love and the food court is very good too. Also, POFQ is in the midst of a rehab and is getting queen beds.

I would pick POFQ.

I actually liked staying at Pop better than POFQ. Rooms were cleaner, front desk staff was friendlier, food court is better.

POFQ, no question about it! It is our favorite moderate Disney resort - so small. All rooms are convenient to the food court, to parking, and to the buses.

If you can afford the extra cost, go for it. POFQ is my family's favorite mod. That being said, there is nothing wrong with values! Your little niece would probably enjoy POP more than FQ. The huge icons, the fun themed pools, the water playgrounds w the jets and fountains for little ones...she'd love it! To be honest, the rooms at the mods aren't that much bigger than the values. Actually when my family stayed at AKL in a bunk bed room, we felt more crammed and squished in that room than we felt anywhere else on property! My husband and I have come to the conclusion after buying DVC that rooms are small at Disney, no matter where you stay!

Pop is a fun and boldly themed resort. French Quarter is a beautiful, relaxed resort. The room size isn't that much bigger in my experience. Both are great in my opinion!

We loved our stay in sept at POFQ, but I must say, the food court is aweful!! It was wonderful and quiet, other than that. We have stayed at the values the most- we tend to book our Character meals early, and always end up eating dinner at the resort, and couldn't find anything at FQ. We are going back to value this trip- even though the price was only $200 more because of our promo. I still like the lines at the bus stop, and the food court better at value. The moderates have covered bus shelters- but its like a stampede when the bus pulls up- pushing and shoving to get on- no thanks.

I would do POFQ. It is my favorite mod. I'm stayed at them all except POR and the cabins. We are actually doing POR in May. I loved POFQ. Pop is nice too but much bigger. We stayed there several years ago too. Due to its size, it does have a larger food court and store. Since Pop is bigger, there are a ton more people around, and it just seems loud and crazy all the time. If I had a choice between those two, it would be POFQ hands down.

Thanks for all your responses - but now I have more questions!

I understand the buses to the parks at Pop are just for Pop and the POFQ buses start at POFQ then do 4 pick-ups through POR. I plan on going the last week in September (during Not so scary Halloween time/1st day of food and wine festival). If I decide to upgrade to POFQ (still weighing options - obviously) do you think it would be a long ride to the parks, bearing in mind the POR pickups. I have to say I really love the idea of the boat ride to DTD....decisions :eek:

Also, I really like soaking in a hot tub after walking around the park all day - do you think I would miss this terribly staying at Pop instead?

POP is one of our faves, but on our last trip in Jan 2011 we stayed at POFQ. We loved it, it's very quaint, quiet and charming. POP is bright & colorful. The food court is much smaller at POFQ but it was nice to eat in a quiet environment, POP's food court is so noisy at times I had to wrap up my food and take it back to my room because you cant even think straight with all the noise, lol. Can you tell I like quiet?:lmao: Oh and POFQ has a mini fridge so that is nice when you want to take snacks with you.

They both have nice pool areas, playgrounds, arcades and such...but the one thing I really LOVED at POFQ is the ferry boat that takes you over to Down Town Disney. I don't know, to some it's probably not a big deal, but I thought it was neat and we were able to go over for dinner or just walk around the shops. So they both have redeeming qualities and I'm sure you will enjoy either one!;)

We loved our stay in sept at POFQ, but I must say, the food court is aweful!! It was wonderful and quiet, other than that. We have stayed at the values the most- we tend to book our Character meals early, and always end up eating dinner at the resort, and couldn't find anything at FQ. We are going back to value this trip- even though the price was only $200 more because of our promo. I still like the lines at the bus stop, and the food court better at value. The moderates have covered bus shelters- but its like a stampede when the bus pulls up- pushing and shoving to get on- no thanks.

I've never been stampeded at POFQ, nor have I seen pushing and shoving at POFQ. Since it is the first bus stop and only, there's no need for that. Sometimes you may be the only ones on the bus too.

OP most time the bus to MK fills up in the early morning and does not stop at POR at all. It's then literally a 5 min ride from there. It also has its own bus stop at MK in the evening.

Thanks everyone! After thinking about it - we decided to change our reservations to POFQ. I thought the options there were much better than at POP. The Boat to DTD, etc. For a little over $300 more for the entire trip, we get a fridge and a few more amenities that I like (plus I can get a drink at the resort - if I need it after a long day!)

I have stayed at both and loved both. POFQ is were we been going the past 2 years. If money no ? I go with POFQ everything here is with in 5 mins. Either way you can't go wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter